• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Wings sign Stephen Weiss, 5-years, $24.5m

Rate this topic

Love this part:

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.

“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here.''

Now if Babs could just have that meeting with 93 that would be great!

Seems like a good guy in that locker room interview video, I think St. James posted it. I think he's going to be big for us for years to come.

Yeah, I'd imagine he'll have career years with us. In an interview with the Free Press (I think), Alfie said that Weiss was someone that teams prepared for when playing Florida. Now with Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, and Alfie on the team, opponents will probably be focusing less on Weiss and the ice will open up a bit for him. 60-65 pts. is my guess for this season.

Yeah, I'd imagine he'll have career years with us. In an interview with the Free Press (I think), Alfie said that Weiss was someone that teams prepared for when playing Florida. Now with Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, and Alfie on the team, opponents will probably be focusing less on Weiss and the ice will open up a bit for him. 60-65 pts. is my guess for this season.

as long as he beats filp, its a win :P

Watching Weiss highlights is getting me all gitty and excited for October 1, can't wait for his career year that should be a good one with the linemates he will have. He really does have some serious skill, watch this video and try to tell me otherwise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al1iM42J4Fc

- So. Pumped. For. This. Season.

- Was that Rask he destroyed on those two early in the video (the shootout and the one where they're wearing the third jersey)?

- I have a special place in my heart for Jimmy Eat World.

- Again: So. Pumped. For. This. Season. Gaaaahhhh.

Edited by Dabura

- So. Pumped. For. This. Season.

- Was that Rask he destroyed on those two early in the video (the shootout and the one where they're wearing the third jersey)?

- I have a special place in my heart for Jimmy Eat World.

- Again: So. Pumped. For. This. Season. Gaaaahhhh.

Rask indeed it was in the first one for sure, not %100 about the second, he has some slick hands though. a few nice goals on Marty, rask, MAF (not as impressive imo) but a lot of highlights against good teams. I am now imaging what he can/will do between mule and alfie. I am thinking possible career year for mule and weiss, and a damn good one for alfie. I hope that line is as dangerous as i picture it in my head :)

One of the upsides of playing for the Wings. The past players who may drop by the locker room.

Though I guess in Florida he could've run into hockey legends like Scott Mellanby?

Wait till march 6. Weiss will be the happiest guy in the locker room. He will get to meet so many wings greats, most notably Stevie and lids