• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Wings sign Stephen Weiss, 5-years, $24.5m

Rate this topic

good old days?? LOL we didnt get 40 yr old washed up players and overrated injury prone guys , back in the day we got the best

The Red Wings obtained plenty of "over the hill" guys back then. Or did you forget where the "Red Wings are old" narrative came from?

Weiss has averaged 74 games a year since 02-03 and that's with the mere 17 games he played this year.

guys who are bitching i dont understand The wings are a better team today then they were in game 7 vs Chicago

I agree, Holland has done a great job today giving Dats and Hank all the help he can. In the salary cap era he can only do so much.

GREAT sign, bye bye FIl, Cleary, and Sammy... be nice to see us get brunner back, although I don't know where he'd fit... Why would we want Miller back? Honestly would have taken Brunner over him in a heartbeat. So now my question is where does Miller, Eaves, Emmerton fit into this mess? I mean, I'd take Nyquist, Andersson, and Tatar over any of those three.

GREAT sign, bye bye FIl, Cleary, and Sammy... be nice to see us get brunner back, although I don't know where he'd fit... Why would we want Miller back? Honestly would have taken Brunner over him in a heartbeat. So now my question is where does Miller, Eaves, Emmerton fit into this mess? I mean, I'd take Nyquist, Andersson, and Tatar over any of those three.

Miller may not offer much as far as goal scoring and points go, but him on the PK, gives Z and Dats a chance to rest instead of having to play in all facets of the game.

Sure in a big moment you want Z out there killing penalties.

But with Miller, Andersson, and Eaves killing Penalties the way they have, with Helm back the PK should be very strong.

And at about a million a year Miller makes sense to me. Not the most important signing but a very good one and cheap nonetheless!

ya when that happens everyone here will change there story and pretend they were never 100% certain on it .... will weiss get pts on detroit? yes ... not hard when you play with datsyuk zetterberg etc , its like rob brown getting 137 points with mario lemieux .... doesnt make you a great player, i just think hes overrated and for 5 years is WAY TOO LONG ... i could of lived with 2 yrs but 5 ouch

well you asked me earlier and i told you , not much out there this year

whats our top 6??? zetterberg datsyuk weiss alfredsson franzen and who? chances are bertuzzi or some other veteran , which means the kids still play at the bottom

Edited by haroldsnepsts
to remove quoted posts the were deleted

its like rob brown getting 137 points with mario lemieux .... doesnt make you a great player,

115, but who worries about facts, right. Contrarian overreaction is the better way to go.

Edited by stillwater

ya when that happens everyone here will change there story and pretend they were never 100% certain on it .... will weiss get pts on detroit? yes ... not hard when you play with datsyuk zetterberg etc , its like rob brown getting 137 points with mario lemieux .... doesnt make you a great player, i just think hes overrated and for 5 years is WAY TOO LONG ... i could of lived with 2 yrs but 5 ouch

well you asked me earlier and i told you , not much out there this year

whats our top 6??? zetterberg datsyuk weiss alfredsson franzen and who? chances are bertuzzi or some other veteran , which means the kids still play at the bottom

It's called depth...