• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

#61 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:31 PM

trust me we over spent its a week ufa class like you said .... waste of money and for 5 years .... ouch

4.9 is a steal in a weak FA class when teams want to overspend.

#62 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:32 PM

tumblr_mm1ynixvW11rrbvxro1_400.gif

Alfredsson-Dats-Z

Mule-Weiss-Tatar

Nyquist-Helm-SIGN BRUNNER!

Other than that, my happy dance is in full flight too.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#63 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

I was doubtfull of Holland going in today based on his last 5 years but hes done pretty good. Not a homerun day so far but he has made the team better. Now just get Brunner under contract and trade Sammy to SIberia or something.

#64 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,814 posts

trust me we over spent its a week ufa class like you said .... waste of money and for 5 years .... ouch

Trust you? Why? You're obviously not very knowledgeable on players outside our organization like Weiss...

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#65 gowings2414

gowings2414

Jr. Prospect

• 28 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:33 PM

GREAT sign, bye bye FIl, Cleary, and Sammy... be nice to see us get brunner back, although I don't know where he'd fit... Why would we want Miller back? Honestly would have taken Brunner over him in a heartbeat. So now my question is where does Miller, Eaves, Emmerton fit into this mess? I mean, I'd take Nyquist, Andersson, and Tatar over any of those three.

"I am number 13, because I am number 13" - Pavel Datsyuk

#66 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:33 PM

Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames

Daniel Alfredsson right wing who shoots right + Stephen Weiss no. 2 center (shoots left) = good day for #RedWings, and they may not be done.

Well this IS interesting.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#67 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

I'm loving these signings but for real can we please re-sign Brunner already? Once we ink him i'll officially be fully satisfied

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#68 TheOwl

TheOwl

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Tatar > Brunner

LIES LIES LIES

#69 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 766 posts

Where can I find my Weiss throwback Plymouth Whalers jersey?

Really excited about this one!

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#70 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,663 posts

Personally I was hoping for Grabovski but Weiss brings a lot to the table as well. And will be a very nice fit for our system. Nice job Kenny atta boy

I was hoping for Grabo as well, but now that Weiss is a Red Wing we should see our 2nd line/2nd pp unit really improve.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#71 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:38 PM

Tatar > Brunner

LIES LIES LIES

Tatar may actually be the better player...and he's younger and more physical. He has earned the spot and playing time.

#72 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:38 PM

GREAT sign, bye bye FIl, Cleary, and Sammy... be nice to see us get brunner back, although I don't know where he'd fit... Why would we want Miller back? Honestly would have taken Brunner over him in a heartbeat. So now my question is where does Miller, Eaves, Emmerton fit into this mess? I mean, I'd take Nyquist, Andersson, and Tatar over any of those three.

Miller may not offer much as far as goal scoring and points go, but him on the PK, gives Z and Dats a chance to rest instead of having to play in all facets of the game.

Sure in a big moment you want Z out there killing penalties.

But with Miller, Andersson, and Eaves killing Penalties the way they have, with Helm back the PK should be very strong.

And at about a million a year Miller makes sense to me. Not the most important signing but a very good one and cheap nonetheless!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#73 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:41 PM

ya when that happens everyone here will change there story and pretend they were never 100% certain on it .... will weiss get pts on detroit? yes ... not hard when you play with datsyuk zetterberg etc , its like rob brown getting 137 points with mario lemieux .... doesnt make you a great player, i just think hes overrated and for 5 years is WAY TOO LONG ... i could of lived with 2 yrs but 5 ouch

well you asked me earlier and i told you , not much out there this year

whats our top 6??? zetterberg datsyuk weiss alfredsson franzen and who? chances are bertuzzi or some other veteran , which means the kids still play at the bottom

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 05 July 2013 - 03:41 PM.
to remove quoted posts the were deleted

#74 mtuhockey7

mtuhockey7

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

Didn't Weiss wear #9 in FLA?  We all know that number is out of the question here, wonder what he'll choose? 

#75 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

its like rob brown getting 137 points with mario lemieux .... doesnt make you a great player,

115, but who worries about facts, right. Contrarian overreaction is the better way to go.

Edited by stillwater, 05 July 2013 - 01:44 PM.

#76 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,814 posts

ya when that happens everyone here will change there story and pretend they were never 100% certain on it .... will weiss get pts on detroit? yes ... not hard when you play with datsyuk zetterberg etc , its like rob brown getting 137 points with mario lemieux .... doesnt make you a great player, i just think hes overrated and for 5 years is WAY TOO LONG ... i could of lived with 2 yrs but 5 ouch

well you asked me earlier and i told you , not much out there this year

whats our top 6??? zetterberg datsyuk weiss alfredsson franzen and who? chances are bertuzzi or some other veteran , which means the kids still play at the bottom

It's called depth...

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#77 TheOwl

TheOwl

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Tatar may actually be the better player...and he's younger and more physical. He has earned the spot and playing time.

He sure does deserve a spot on the roster, but Brunner will be a 30-40 goal scorer a year, I will bet ANYONE $20.

#78 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:43 PM

You have an issue with a guy who averages 74 games a year, .602 ppg and is 30, for 5 years at 4.9 a year?

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#79 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:44 PM

115, but who worries about facts, right. Arbitrarian overreaction is the better way to go.

i was wrong about the # but you got my point ;) ... same like kevin stevens putting up all those goals back in the day , doesnt make him great

#80 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:44 PM

So much forward depth! Our D was top 5 in GA
And can go nowhere but up add that to jimmy being locked up the future is bright in hockeytown