• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Wings sign Stephen Weiss, 5-years, $24.5m

Rate this topic

I enjoy Abby playing alongside our eurotwins but having Nyquist in the top 6 and Tatar with Helm would be my ideal preferance.

If we were to split them then this is how i would go about it

Mule - Dats - Nyquist

Z/Weiss - Weiss/Z - Alfy

Abs - Helm - Tatar

Miller - Andy - Sheahan/Eaves/Jurco/Bert/Sammy/Ferraro (option galore)

Id love to have a all swede line but I don't see Weiss and Dats playing much together.

Here is why I am so confused with holland right now because where is cleary going to fit with all of these forwards?

I looked at some videos of Weiss and found a few fights. He is not afraid to drop the gloves (imagine that in a Red Wing if you can), but the problem is he get's his butt kicked every time he does. Thank God we have Franzen to protect him.

Guest RedWingsDad

I looked at some videos of Weiss and found a few fights. He is not afraid to drop the gloves (imagine that in a Red Wing if you can), but the problem is he get's his butt kicked every time he does. Thank God we have Franzen to protect him.

Surely, you jest.

Guest The Axe

I call him Johan Boogardzen now.

i like the weiss signing....he plays like early stevie gettin his 2 way game in line....with the feistiness of marty st louis.

hes got heart to share. more emotion than fil...bordering on buckets heart. (with speed)

i wanted him on the wings years ago...finally hes ours!

alfredsson is this years drake....guy to win the cup for.

im still ticked that the flyers got streit.

ah..i digress.

Watching this video, you know why like this guy? Explosiveness. He creates so many plays and will make the line he centers so much better. Good upgrade and cheaper than Fil.

The banked drop pass to the teammate behind him was very crafty...

He seems to be very offensive minded not to mention a quick thinker, I think he'll fit in just fine.

Go over to the Florida boards. All ten Florida fans rave about him. They say he was the heart and soul of the team, he's feisty, is good on faceoffs and can control the puck. He goes for the net, he's a great teammate, a classy guy, and is underappreciated.

About the only negative they said was that he's not super-tough, but he doesn't shy away from using the body or going into tight areas. They also said his forecheck leaves something to be desired.

But all in all it sounds like he's a huge upgrade over Flip and the Florida crew thinks he'll be a fan favorite.

Doubt it will happen but I would rather see:

Z-Dats-Alfie

Mule-Weiss-Gus

I am very much good with that line up too!

Especially since you put the former UMainer in the top 6!

Go over to the Florida boards. All ten Florida fans rave about him. They say he was the heart and soul of the team, he's feisty, is good on faceoffs and can control the puck. He goes for the net, he's a great teammate, a classy guy, and is underappreciated.

About the only negative they said was that he's not super-tough, but he doesn't shy away from using the body or going into tight areas. They also said his forecheck leaves something to be desired.

But all in all it sounds like he's a huge upgrade over Flip and the Florida crew thinks he'll be a fan favorite.

:nervous:

They have a board?

Franzen plays RW usually. So:

Zetterberg - Dats - Alfie

Nyquist - Weiss - Franzen

Tatar - Helm - Abby

Miller - Andersson - Eaves/Bert

Emmerton, Sammy

The only player on off wing is Abby and he will just grind anyways.

Or do:

Miller - Helm - Eaves

Tatar - Andersson - Abby

As a 3A/3B option

Guest Crymson

I think that Nyquist will most likely see time on the third line, where he will probably be more effective than in a top-six role.

Guest The Axe

So he'll be wearing #90?

Well, He cant wear 9, 19, 91, or 99. We know this much.

Guest The Axe

He should go for 69...

And put a "hang loose" patch in each of the circles.