• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

blgillett

who's on their way out of Detroit

Rate this topic

Good call, I looked at that 3 times and knew I was forgetting someone haha. He goes into the 2nd line, Tatar to the third, Bertuzzi to the fourth and that leaves Eaves out.

Tatar, Helm, and Nyquist on a line sounds incredible.

No, Abdelkader goes to the 4th line

I don't see Abdelkader coming off the top line at the start of the season. If it's not working, he moves, but as it sits Datsyuk wants him on that line and he'll be there.

We don't actually know what Datsyuk wants. Hes not the type that would go to the media and trash talk the coach or other teammates. Abdelkader was an anchor in the playoffs, and I don't see him staying in the top 6 with Weiss and Alfie added.

I wouldn't be so sure. He lead the team in ES goals and didn't play the entire season in the top-6. Unless Bert is healthy, it is likely Abby stays with Dats.

With Weiss, Alfie, Tatar and Nyquist all being on the team, add Franzen, Dats and Z and Bert if healthy you have 8 players aside from Abdelkader in the top 6. He's expendable.

With Weiss, Alfie, Tatar and Nyquist all being on the team, add Franzen, Dats and Z and Bert if healthy you have 8 players aside from Abdelkader in the top 6. He's expendable.

He's not expendable to the team because of his physical play. Similarly, unless Bert is healthy, Abby might not be expendable in the top-6. I also don't see Babcock putting both Tatar and Nyquist in the top-6 top start the season.

he can be sent down but his cap number still counts against the cap which is really the problem right? $3.0mill in dead money basically.

I don't think so, we just have to pay him his full $3 million.

The terms of the new CBA do not allow for a 35+ contract to be "stashed" in the minors. It will still count against the salary cap.

I still think we are after a top 4 D-man moving Sammy will help with the money but we have to many player already so I like to think Sammy Eaves hate to say it but Emerton then Totoo if we sign Brunner

nobody is trading for alfredsson

I don't think Detroit has any plans of trading Alfredsson. :ninja:

But seriously, you're right. No one is going to take Samuelsson unless it's part of a package that includes valuable players.

don't know were that came from never said anything about Alfie I was talking about guys we need to move yet

But seriously, you're right. No one is going to take Samuelsson unless it's part of a package that includes valuable players.

Nyquist. Datsyuk. Franzen

Zetterberg Weiss. Alfredsson

Tatar. Andersson. Bertuzzi

Abdelkader Helm. Miller/Tootoo

Emmerton

Eaves

Sammy

No one knows if Helm is going to be able to play unfortunately, btw.

He was booked to participate in the prospect camp or something like that coming up. I'm guessing they want to test drive Helm and let the new kids see how fast the NHL can be.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the $2.3 number comes with accepting Alfies whole $5.5 right? Only $3.5 should be counted up front so technically shouldn't our number be closer

to $4.3 right now? I'm totally with you on Samuelsson!!

I have read much of this salary can be deferred to the '14-'15 season.

lol oops my bad so much alfie weiss talk i f***ed up:( ya id be stunned if anybody took him i just cant imagine having alfredsson samuelsson bertuzzi in our top 9, wonder what holland is gonna do , wouldnt surprise me to see bertuzzi traded as well just too many bodies , who would bertuzzi be with ? 3rd line?

Sammy really does need to go but with a NTC & his salary still counting against the cap if sent to the minors, you have to hope the organization can lean on him to waive his NTC. As the roster sits now if Helm's healthy, Emmerton winds up in GR after making it through waivers unclaimed & either Eaves or Tootoo get packaged up with Tatar in a trade, possibly along with Lashoff too. Just my guess on what will happen NOT what I want to happen, which would leave:

Z-Pavs-Abby

Mule-Weiss-Alfie

Sammy-Andy-Gus

Bert-Helm-Miller

Eaves or Tootoo

Kronner-Ericsson

DeKeyser-Kindl

Smith-Quincey

Lashoff (if not traded off) or veteran d-man (either UFA or trade)

Howie

Monster

Sammy really does need to go but with a NTC & his salary still counting against the cap if sent to the minors, you have to hope the organization can lean on him to waive his NTC. As the roster sits now if Helm's healthy, Emmerton winds up in GR after making it through waivers unclaimed & either Eaves or Tootoo get packaged up with Tatar in a trade, possibly along with Lashoff too. Just my guess on what will happen NOT what I want to happen, which would leave:

Once sent to Toledo Sammy will waive his NTC out of anger. Any player would if they were sent down to the minors.