• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

blgillett

who's on their way out of Detroit

Rate this topic

Sammy really does need to go but with a NTC & his salary still counting against the cap if sent to the minors, you have to hope the organization can lean on him to waive his NTC. As the roster sits now if Helm's healthy, Emmerton winds up in GR after making it through waivers unclaimed & either Eaves or Tootoo get packaged up with Tatar in a trade, possibly along with Lashoff too. Just my guess on what will happen NOT what I want to happen, which would leave:

Z-Pavs-Abby

Mule-Weiss-Alfie

Sammy-Andy-Gus

Bert-Helm-Miller

Eaves or Tootoo

Kronner-Ericsson

DeKeyser-Kindl

Smith-Quincey

Lashoff (if not traded off) or veteran d-man (either UFA or trade)

Howie

Monster

Well if we are trading Tatar we should be getting something good back

I think we need to work a deal with Winnipeg. They don't have many players signed compared to us with too many. Aim for Bogosian or Kane somehow.

We would have to move quality of course. I would be happy to land Bogo but its gonna start with Nyquist/Tatar and likely Smith/DeKeyser then add a high pick (I dont know how I feel about that). Then we have to find the salary space to sign him by convincing them to take a cap dump like Sammy somehow.

If we could move some "dead money" on pine riders for a good defenseman I'd have to rethink my stance on Holland and eat crow.

We need a top pairing Defenseman and I feel we could be a real contender for Eastern champs

We would have to move quality of course. I would be happy to land Bogo but its gonna start with Nyquist/Tatar and likely Smith/DeKeyser then add a high pick (I dont know how I feel about that). Then we have to find the salary space to sign him by convincing them to take a cap dump like Sammy somehow.

I wouldn't trade Dekeyser straight up for Bogosian.

You guys are being silly... the Red Wings defense is fine and right on par with most other teams in the league. It is far better than s***sburg's for example, better than the Rangers, the Habs, the Kings, the Ducks, etc. Keep in mind, we will now have Danny Dekeyser for an entire season... look at his impact he had once we signed him. Even Babs said we did not make playoffs had we not signed him. Also, last year we had tons of injuries to our Defense so they were never really able to mesh with a partner. I think Smith especially will show much more offense abilities this year while he gets to mesh with a partner.

This is the lineup I think Babs will look to start the season with and it looks damn good to me.

Zetterberg- Datsyuk- Abdelkator

Alfredson- Weiss- Franzen

Nyquivst- Helm- Tatar (omg that 3rd line is just beautifully filled with speed and skill)

Eaves- Anderson- Miller/Bertuzzi

Kronwall- Ericsson

Dekeyser- Smith (I really want Babs to try this out)

Kindl- Quincy

Obviously this means Cleary, Brunner walk, and Kenny trades Sammy and Tootoo for picks which I am more than okay with.

I think this is a SOLID team.

You guys are being silly... the Red Wings defense is fine and right on par with most other teams in the league. It is far better than s***sburg's for example, better than the Rangers, the Habs, the Kings, the Ducks, etc. Keep in mind, we will now have Danny Dekeyser for an entire season... look at his impact he had once we signed him. Even Babs said we did not make playoffs had we not signed him. Also, last year we had tons of injuries to our Defense so they were never really able to mesh with a partner. I think Smith especially will show much more offense abilities this year while he gets to mesh with a partner.

This is the lineup I think Babs will look to start the season with and it looks damn good to me.

Nyquivst- Helm- Tatar (omg that 3rd line is just beautifully filled with speed and skill)

Kronwall- Ericsson

Kindl- Quincy

Obviously this means Cleary, Brunner walk, and Kenny trades Sammy and Tootoo for picks which I am more than okay with.

haha are you serious

Kronwall- Ericsson

Kindl- Quincy

Your joking right our Defense is lacking a number one Pairing guy even Babs has been saying that. I think we are one top Defenseman away from being a big threat

Nyquist - Helm - Tatar

How badly I want to see this third line night in and out. Absolute killer 3rd line. One top Defenseman added would be a very nice touch and with injuries probably something we need.

If Helm is truly healthy I think it might be the best in the NHL

Nyquist. Datsyuk. Franzen

Zetterberg Weiss. Alfredsson

Tatar. Andersson. Bertuzzi

Abdelkader Helm. Miller/Tootoo

Emmerton

Eaves

Sammy

No one knows if Helm is going to be able to play unfortunately, btw.

Your post is a good illustration of the fact that

With this roster, the line combos are virtually endless. Babcock is going to have fun matching up against other teams and keeping chemistry fresh.

Edited by T.Low

Your post is a good illustration of the fact that

With this roster, the line combos are virtually endless. Babcock is going to have fun matching up against other teams and keeping chemistry fresh.

Haha yah Babs is probably sitting at home playing NHL 13 with this new team and changing the lines every game while he waits for the season to begin :P

When I think about who is on their way out, I worry that it may very well be Tatar. He's one of Detroit's most valuable assets, of course, but he's also rather outspoken and can't manage to get more than a cup of coffee with the big club despite his successes in the AHL.

Total speculation, but I wonder if maybe he and management don't quite see eye-to-eye.

Anyone who thinks our blue line is "fine" is asking for some kind of cosmic beat-down.

Our D overachieved last season. I pity the fool who counts on that happening again. What if we lose two key pieces for an extended period of time? What if Quincey and/or Kindl suck? What if Ericsson relapses? What if DeKeyser struggles mightily? What if Smith legally changes his middle name to Adventure?

If we want to make a legitimate run for the Cup this season, we'd be wise to add a high-end piece to our D corps.

Dan Girardi FTW.

When I think about who is on their way out, I worry that it may very well be Tatar. He's one of Detroit's most valuable assets, of course, but he's also rather outspoken and can't manage to get more than a cup of coffee with the big club despite his successes in the AHL.

Total speculation, but I wonder if maybe he and management don't quite see eye-to-eye.

The "official story" there is, I think, that The Powers That Be have been consciously manipulating him in the hopes that they might get him to play out of his mind.

Guest Playmaker

I'm interested to see who we go after next offseason with 20+ mil coming off the books, not including a buyout

It will be used to sign 5 over 35 under 6'0 Europeans. What makes anyone think Holland will ever change?

Detroit is posturing itself to acquire that top defensemen IMO. They obviously are not going to let Smith, Nyquist OR Andersson walk via RFA and with only $2.3M left in capspace, they will need to trade some players away to get below the cap by October. I had heard that the reason the didn't buyout Sammy is that he was injured and they couldn't. This will most likely also prevent him from being traded, who wants a healthy Sammy, let alone an injured one? I think Holland waits a bit to see if Helm gets the go ahead to play before he trades some depth. If Helm gets the A O.K. for full speed ahead, I can see Emmerton being traded for sure, although his salary is VERY cheap and manageable. You have to shed Sammy's salary somehow, it's a no brainer, also you have to dump Q. That opens up $6.75M more space. If Brunner fell out of favor with the Wings for his disappointing season (which I though went well, and a great playoff) then Q had to REALLY disappoint them, one would think. The emergence of Kindl last season (who I was more than ready to ship off) makes Q expendable, IMO...

It's my opinion that Sammy and Bert get buried LTIR, Q and Emmy (plus more) get traded in a deal for a top defender and I do believe that Brunner will be back. For pete's sake, he was 5th in scoring this year and 3rd in playoff scoring, leading with 5 goals. It makes no sense that he would be let go...unless the rumored $2.5M he is asking for is wrong and he wants more...Cleary should absolutely walk or take a spot in the office somewhere...

Now, who is acquired is a different matter. For one, I don't even know who is on the block anywhere. Is Visnovsky still wanting out of the Island? I know he re-signed there, but is he happy? Would he be happier in Detroit? Islanders need a backup goalie, maybe package Q and Monster for Visnovsky... that along with the LTIR of Bert and Sammy, would open up $5.6M (adding in Visnovsky's $4.75M) to re-sign the kids...

That would give you a roster like this:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Alfredsson

Franzen - Weiss - Brunner

Nyquist - Helm - Tatar

Miller - Andersson - Abdelkader

Eaves - Emmerton - Tootoo

Kronwall - Visnovsky

Dekeyser - Ericsson

Smith - Kindl

Lashoff

Howard

Coreau