• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

blgillett

who's on their way out of Detroit

Rate this topic

Sammy to FLA for future considerations

Tootoo, emerton and Quincy, 1st pick to WPG for Bogosian and Austen Brassard (plays for the Bulls, local OHL Team lol)

agreed bogo definitely doesnt go that cheap.

future considerations probly don't go that cheap either :P

Guest The Axe

agreed bogo definitely doesnt go that cheap.

future considerations probly don't go that cheap either :P

Ha. That made me laugh.

Well I respond - did anyone actually believe Sammy would be so low to claim injured status to avoid being bought out after seeming perfectly fine and having a broken nail? That was showing little class.

In Sammy's defense, Holland is the one who offered the contract. Both sides had to agree to a NTC. A contract was made that (shocker) ended up being a bad deal for the Wings, but it is a contract nonetheless and should be honored. Similar to Luongo in Vancouver saying he was surprised by the Schneider trade and that he needed to "take some time to figure out what he is going to do". How about you man up and honor that ridiculous contract you signed? Things happen in the professional sports business, such is life, but that doesn't mean that legal contracts should be completely disregarded.

That being said, I think Sammy should take the high road and let Kenny move him. I've said it before, he's literally being paid to warm a seat in the press box. Now, with him claiming to be injured so as not to be moved, it seems like he's sticking around just to get money for sitting around eating Royal Swedish Snowballs. Who knows, he might believe he can actually help this team, which he could have, if he didn't get injured lacing his skates. Maybe he should take his constantly being injured as a sign that his body can't really handle playing at this level anymore.

Also, it doesn't help that his cap hit is directly affecting Kenny's ability to offer Brunner a contract. I am never one to jump on the "blame Holland" wagon, but signing Sammy was a pretty bad decision on his part.

In short, I am also pissed that Sammy isn't letting Kenny move his contract, but at the same time it's his right to do so because those were the terms that were greed upon.

Well I respond - did anyone actually believe Sammy would be so low to claim injured status to avoid being bought out after seeming perfectly fine and having a broken nail? That was showing little class.

Why is everyone so sure Sammy isn't legitimately hurt? This is the same guy who was hurt for 98% of last season; is it so hard to believe he may still be injured?

I know it was reported he was ready to go near the end of our playoff run, but many guys play hurt at that time of year. There's also the possibility that he may have re-aggravated his injury somewhere along the line.

Not trying to defend the guy, I want him off this roster as much as anyone, but to go as far as say we should send him down to Toledo is ridiculous.

Also, how many of us wouldn't try pulling the same stunt if he isn't indeed still injured? He claims injury, and gets his full $3M, or he gets bought out and gets $2M... and before anyone says $2M plus the chance at another contract with another team, keep in mind, GMs likely aren’t lining up to sign a guy who missed all but 9 games (including playoffs) last year.

Guest DeGraa55

Why is everyone so sure Sammy isn't legitimately hurt? This is the same guy who was hurt for 98% of last season; is it so hard to believe he may still be injured? [/size]

[/size]

I know it was reported he was ready to go near the end of our playoff run, but many guys play hurt at that time of year. There's also the possibility that he may have re-aggravated his injury somewhere along the line. [/size]

[/size]

Not trying to defend the guy, I want him off this roster as much as anyone, but to go as far as say we should send him down to Toledo is ridiculous. [/size]

[/size]

Also, how many of us wouldn't try pulling the same stunt if he isn't indeed still injured? He claims injury, and gets his full $3M, or he gets bought out and gets $2M... and before anyone says $2M plus the chance at another contract with another team, keep in mind, GMs likely aren’t lining up to sign a guy who missed all but 9 games (including playoffs) last year.[/size]

He rlwas ready yo go non the playoffs and 100% healthy then when he heaea buyout...bam he injured himself? Right.

Guest The Axe

He rlwas ready yo go non the playoffs and 100% healthy then when he heaea buyout...bam he injured himself? Right.

The pectoral muscle is finnicky!

Holland better move some folks soon.... Based on how tight we are to the cap, Someone send an offer sheet to one of our RFA's and just enough the other team will lose only a 2nd round pick and the wings wont be able to match the offer ... ie Nyqust or Smith someone may take a shot at.

While improbable, definately not impossible.

Reagrdless, GR is as low as he should be sent down, not Toledo as some have suggested.

Holland better move some folks soon.... Based on how tight we are to the cap, Someone send an offer sheet to one of our RFA's and just enough the other team will lose only a 2nd round pick and the wings wont be able to match the offer ... ie Nyqust or Smith someone may take a shot at.

Holland has threatened making trades, that he'd be active around every trade deadline and nothing ever happens. He's up against it now and must do something very creative, its kind of refreshing knowing he must pull the trigger. I'm scared though

at what the fallout will be as he's in a very bad negotiating position. Will probably have to give talent away to rid some bad contracts he's made.

Still don't see why all the hate on bert

I like Bert and would mind him here but if that means loosing Anderson I would rather trade Bert. We might end up trading one or more of our young guys and get a D-man in that case I'm all for it

Does anyone here actually believe that the Wings would send Sammy, an NHL vet, and well liked teamate to TOLEDO!?!?!

Not a chance the wings show such little class. At worst, they may try sending him to GR, no way he goes any further down than that.

Can't send him down it still counts against the Cap so it does no good to send him down. Our only hope is a team that is looking to make the cap floor and get a 6th or 7th round pick out of him

Guest mjtm77

nope cause they were sent qualifying offers

I am good with this scenario

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)
Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Stephen Weiss ($4.900m) / Daniel Alfredsson ($5.500m)
Gustav Nyquist ($1.500m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Tomas Tatar ($0.840m)
Drew Miller ($1.350m) / Joakim Andersson ($1.000m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m)
Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Jakub Kindl ($2.400m)
Brendan Smith ($1.200m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.775m)
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m)
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buyout: Mikael Samuelsson ($1.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,169,545; BONUSES: $3,010,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,140,455

Sammy to FLA for future considerations

Tootoo, emerton and Quincy, 1st pick to WPG for Bogosian and Austen Brassard (plays for the Bulls, local OHL Team lol)

Bogosian is still RFA and needs to be re-signed. Same goes with Wheeler and Little among others. The Jets likely won't do a sign and trade, and they want Bogosian around still. Gonna need a different target than Winnipeg to use as a dumpster. Washington would likely bite on Q cause their D is terrible, Emmerton could probably get a taker cause he's cheap and reliable, Tootoo has use for many teams and Winnipeg would be a good fit for him as he came here a lot when he was a Wheat King. But Sammy is a whole different story, he's a problem that is not easily discarded.

Am I missing something but why would any team want to trade a 6th or 7th round pick for Sammy?

To hit the cap floor?

Don't see it happening since Sammy was injured 99% of the time last season.

It's all a mystery now who's out in Mo-Town.

My guess is Eaves or Emmerton could be gone but who knows...

Holland isn't showing his full hand yet...

First, it would not break my heart if Cleary walked. Second, to those of you who wish to lose Patrick Eaves, I beg to differ...he has a place in the penalty kill with Drew Miller. Bert is getting long in the tooth, and his back problems just won't disappear - in fact, they will most likely get worse. Sammy is a safe removal, but who's going to want him after last season's fiasco?

Guest DeGraa55

First, it would not break my heart if Cleary walked. Second, to those of you who wish to lose Patrick Eaves, I beg to differ...he has a place in the penalty kill with Drew Miller. Bert is getting long in the tooth, and his back problems just won't disappear - in fact, they will most likely get worse. Sammy is a safe removal, but who's going to want him after last season's fiasco?

Its not about wanting him gone. Its about well just look.

Z DAT Abby

Franzen Weiss Alfie

Nyquist Anderson Tatar

Eaves emmerton miller

Bench; too too

Injured helm Bert Sammy.

See the problem? What happens if/when helm and Bert are healthy?

This is why I was against the miller signing. The dude is a heck of a guy for us...we just don't have room. Now we all expect a trade or two. This is where "addition by subtraction" would help us a lot.

Can't send him down it still counts against the Cap so it does no good to send him down. Our only hope is a team that is looking to make the cap floor and get a 6th or 7th round pick out of him

You are mistaken. We actually do get some relief if he is sent down. We'd be on the books for 2/3rds of his contract ($2M out of his $3M), but would be able to divide it up to $1M this year, and $1M next year.

So sending Sammy down could free up $2M this year.

Quincy Sammy 1st 2014 pick to wash for John Carlson

This thread is getting out of hand. McPhee isn't the smartest GM ever (see Filip Forsberg trade) but c'mon....classic "our garbage for your good stuff trade".

This thread is getting out of hand. McPhee isn't the smartest GM ever (see Filip Forsberg trade) but c'mon....classic "our garbage for your good stuff trade".

LOL just bored is all .... but he did trade Forsberg, i'm shocked he hasnt traded ovechkin and a 1st overall for phaneuf