• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#41 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:39 PM

I still think we are after a top 4 D-man moving Sammy will help with the money but we have to many player already so I like to think Sammy Eaves hate to say it but Emerton then Totoo if we sign Brunner
"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image

#42 MileHighWingsGuy

MileHighWingsGuy

Rookie

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

If we could move some "dead money" on pine riders for a good defenseman I'd have to rethink my stance on Holland and eat crow.

RedWing fan behind enemy lines

#43 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:47 PM

I still think we are after a top 4 D-man moving Sammy will help with the money but we have to many player already so I like to think Sammy Eaves hate to say it but Emerton then Totoo if we sign Brunner

nobody is trading for alfredsson

#44 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

nobody is trading for alfredsson

I don't think Detroit has any plans of trading Alfredsson.  :ninja:

But seriously, you're right. No one is going to take Samuelsson unless it's part of a package that includes valuable players.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#45 blgillett

blgillett

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

don't know were that came from never said anything about Alfie I was talking about guys we need to move yet

But seriously, you're right. No one is going to take Samuelsson unless it's part of a package that includes valuable players.

"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image

#46 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

Nyquist. Datsyuk. Franzen
Zetterberg Weiss. Alfredsson
Tatar. Andersson. Bertuzzi
Abdelkader Helm. Miller/Tootoo

Emmerton
Eaves
Sammy

No one knows if Helm is going to be able to play unfortunately, btw.

He was booked to participate in the prospect camp or something like that coming up.  I'm guessing they want to test drive Helm and let the new kids see how fast the NHL can be.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#47 TheCaptain

TheCaptain

Jr. Prospect

• 15 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but the $2.3 number comes with accepting Alfies whole $5.5 right? Only $3.5 should be counted up front so technically shouldn't our number be closer

to $4.3 right now? I'm totally with you on Samuelsson!!

I have read much of this salary can be deferred to the '14-'15 season.

#48 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

lol oops my bad so much alfie weiss talk i f***ed up:( ya id be stunned if anybody took him i just cant imagine having alfredsson samuelsson bertuzzi in our top 9, wonder what holland is gonna do , wouldnt surprise me to see bertuzzi traded as well just too many bodies , who would bertuzzi be with ? 3rd line?

#49 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

Sammy really does need to go but with a NTC & his salary still counting against the cap if sent to the minors, you have to hope the organization can lean on him to waive his NTC.  As the roster sits now if Helm's healthy, Emmerton winds up in GR after making it through waivers unclaimed & either Eaves or Tootoo get packaged up with Tatar in a trade, possibly along with Lashoff too.  Just my guess on what will happen NOT what I want to happen, which would leave:

Z-Pavs-Abby

Mule-Weiss-Alfie

Sammy-Andy-Gus

Bert-Helm-Miller

Eaves or Tootoo

Kronner-Ericsson

DeKeyser-Kindl

Smith-Quincey

Lashoff (if not traded off) or veteran d-man (either UFA or trade)

Howie

Monster

#50 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

Sammy really does need to go but with a NTC & his salary still counting against the cap if sent to the minors, you have to hope the organization can lean on him to waive his NTC.  As the roster sits now if Helm's healthy, Emmerton winds up in GR after making it through waivers unclaimed & either Eaves or Tootoo get packaged up with Tatar in a trade, possibly along with Lashoff too.  Just my guess on what will happen NOT what I want to happen, which would leave:

Once sent to Toledo Sammy will waive his NTC out of anger. Any player would if they were sent down to the minors.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#51 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

Once sent to Toledo Sammy will waive his NTC out of anger. Any player would if they were sent down to the minors.

Or you know he might just not waive it out of spite to stick it to Kenny.  

#52 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

Z-Pavs-Abby
Mule-Weiss-Alfie
Sammy-Andy-Gus
Bert-Helm-Miller
Eaves or Tootoo

Kronner-Ericsson
DeKeyser-Kindl
Smith-Quincey
Lashoff (if not traded off) or veteran d-man (either UFA or trade)

Howie
Monster

Well if we are trading Tatar we should be getting something good back

#53 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:21 PM

Or you know he might just not waive it out of spite to stick it to Kenny.  

we can survive the year with his salary on the books - he can have fun in toledo.

Its a wonder the Flyers could buyout Bryz - I mean the guy is mentally insane - thats a lot worse than Sammy's booboo. 

#54 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

Well if we are trading Tatar we should be getting something good back

It would either be prospects/picks or a dman given the glut at forward.  Tatar, Tootoo, & Lashoff for a good 2nd pairing dman maybe?  Maybe fleece a team for a #2?

#55 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

It would either be prospects/picks or a dman given the glut at forward.  Tatar, Tootoo, & Lashoff for a good 2nd pairing dman maybe?  Maybe fleece a team for a #2?

Make it Tatar, Tootoo, Quincey and a 2nd for a decent Dman. 

#56 gurnsy200

gurnsy200

Prospect

• 34 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

I think we need to work a deal with Winnipeg.  They don't have many players signed compared to us with too many.  Aim for Bogosian or Kane somehow.  

#57 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:37 PM

I think we need to work a deal with Winnipeg.  They don't have many players signed compared to us with too many.  Aim for Bogosian or Kane somehow.  

We would have to move quality of course. I would be happy to land Bogo but its gonna start with Nyquist/Tatar and likely Smith/DeKeyser then add a high pick (I dont know how I feel about that). Then we have to find the salary space to sign him by convincing them to take a cap dump like Sammy somehow.

#58 blgillett

blgillett

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

If we could move some "dead money" on pine riders for a good defenseman I'd have to rethink my stance on Holland and eat crow.

We need a top pairing Defenseman and I feel we could be a real contender for Eastern champs
IPB Image

#59 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:01 PM

We would have to move quality of course. I would be happy to land Bogo but its gonna start with Nyquist/Tatar and likely Smith/DeKeyser then add a high pick (I dont know how I feel about that). Then we have to find the salary space to sign him by convincing them to take a cap dump like Sammy somehow.

I wouldn't trade Dekeyser straight up for Bogosian.

#60 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:20 PM

You guys are being silly... the Red Wings defense is fine and right on par with most other teams in the league. It is far better than s***sburg's for example, better than the Rangers, the Habs, the Kings, the Ducks, etc. Keep in mind, we will now have Danny Dekeyser for an entire season... look at his impact he had once we signed him. Even Babs said we did not make playoffs had we not signed him. Also, last year we had tons of injuries to our Defense so they were never really able to mesh with a partner. I think Smith especially will show much more offense abilities this year while he gets to mesh with a partner. 

This is the lineup I think Babs will look to start the season with and it looks damn good to me.

Zetterberg- Datsyuk- Abdelkator

Alfredson- Weiss- Franzen

Nyquivst- Helm- Tatar (omg that 3rd line is just beautifully filled with speed and skill)

Eaves- Anderson- Miller/Bertuzzi

Kronwall- Ericsson

Dekeyser- Smith (I really want Babs to try this out)

Kindl- Quincy

Obviously this means Cleary, Brunner walk, and Kenny trades Sammy and Tootoo for picks which I am more than okay with. 

I think this is a SOLID team.