• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

blgillett

who's on their way out of Detroit

Rate this topic

You are mistaken. We actually do get some relief if he is sent down. We'd be on the books for 2/3rds of his contract ($2M out of his $3M), but would be able to divide it up to $1M this year, and $1M next year.

So sending Sammy down could free up $2M this year.

pretty sure the one mill per season cap hit is if he were bought out. if he's sent down its a 2 mill hit for just this season

pretty sure the one mill per season cap hit is if he were bought out. if he's sent down its a 2 mill hit for just this season

Correct.

I mixed the two up. Burying his contract in the AHL would cost us: cap hit – [ minimum salary + $375,000 ]

so $3,000,000 - [ $525,000 + $375,000 ] = $2,100,000

$900,000 isn't much cap relief.

Guest The Axe

After learning the rules, Im positive that 2 players will go to arbitration so Holland will be able to can Sammy's ass. The young guys would be re-upped by now, otherwise. What a pain.

Its a log jam for sure...16 forwards when all are signed and healthy....I would hate to be in Holland's shoes...

Not sure how he's going to swing this but hopefully he makes a 3 for 1 or something and gets another piece or moves some of these guys to load up on picks.. That's what he's paid the big bucks for.

While improbable, definately not impossible.

Reagrdless, GR is as low as he should be sent down, not Toledo as some have suggested.

Screwing the Wings over by playing the injury card when he was allegedly ready to go in the Chicago series....if there was a place lower than Toledo, we'd want to send him there. He's a distraction now and he needs to go whichever way the Wings can rid themselves of him.

Guest Playmaker

I can't wait for our starting Griffins line up to be: Nyquist - Andersson - Tatar, so that I can watch LGW explode with Holland hatred

It can't happen. All either have to be with the Red Wings or have to pass through waivers to be sent down.

It can't happen. All either have to be with the Red Wings or have to pass through waivers to be sent down.

They can't be called up? They have to start with the Red Wings and then be sent down? If so, that's good news to me.

You're right about Andersson and Tatar, but last I checked Nyquist can still pass through waivers.

Technically, I don't believe that's correct. Tatar is out of waiver exemptions but officially Nyquist & Andersson are not. Granted they have so few games left they can play in the NHL (2 & 12 respectively) before they lose exemption, that it really doesn't matter. So they're on the big club unless they're sent down with the intention of keeping them in GR the entire season.

Technically, I don't believe that's correct. Tatar is out of waiver exemptions but officially Nyquist & Andersson are not. Granted they have so few games left they can play in the NHL (2 & 12 respectively) before they lose exemption, that it really doesn't matter. So they're on the big club unless they're sent down with the intention of keeping them in GR the entire season.

Pretty sure Andersson is not exempt (3 years since signing in April of 2010), but Gus still technically has 2 games of exemption left. So he would appear to be "safe".

Edited by Jesusberg

If we regular buyout Sammy and trade Tootoo (tradeable) we look like we are in pretty good shape before signing our 3 big RFAs - If I were Holland that is what I'd do.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Daniel Alfredsson ($5.500m)
NYQUIST / Stephen Weiss ($4.900m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)

Drew Miller ($1.350m) / ANDERSSON / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) / Jakub Kindl ($2.400m)
Kyle Quincey ($3.775m) / SMITH
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buyout: Mikael Samuelsson ($1.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,102,879; BONUSES: $3,010,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $6,207,121

Pretty sure Andersson is not exempt (3 years since signing in April of 2010), but Gus still technically has 2 games of exemption left. So he would appear to be "safe".

You're right, just rechecked. Up to 69 NHL regular season/playoff games for him or 3 years pro which is the one he just hit.

You are mistaken. We actually do get some relief if he is sent down. We'd be on the books for 2/3rds of his contract ($2M out of his $3M), but would be able to divide it up to $1M this year, and $1M next year.

So sending Sammy down could free up $2M this year.

One problem there you can't send Sammy Down it still counts against the cap

Sammy, Quincey, and a prospect to Van for Edler.

Dream...but it'd be nice.

It will be interesting to see what Holland does with this glut of forwards. My guess is he will wait till training camp to see what he's got in Bert and Sammy (health wise), then make a decision.

Guest DeGraa55

Huh?

p.s. I'm question what you're trying to say and also how you're trying to say it.

That's called typing on anojone and being tired sorry lol.

I can't remember the exact wording but.....he was ready to go in the playoffs. But as soon as he hears buyout he magically gets injured again.....riiiiight.

Guest Playmaker

Sammy, Quincey, and a prospect to Van for Edler.

Dream...but it'd be nice.

It will be interesting to see what Holland does with this glut of forwards. My guess is he will wait till training camp to see what he's got in Bert and Sammy (health wise), then make a decision.

While I think you're right, I'm hoping it doesn't play out that way. I hope Cleary signs elsewhere and that he's able to rid the team of Sammy one way or another. While I think a little competition isn't a bad thing, having that cloud hang over the team wondering just isn't going to create a good atmosphere.