No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Filppula to Tampa 5 yr $5 million

Rate this topic

As far as I know an E5 is not , nor has ever been considered a "rumor."

I apologize.

No problem.

I don't consider Eklund a reputable source no matter how he ranks them.

For things like contract signings it's best to stick with guys like Lebrun, Dreger, and McKenzie. People who may not break the news first but actually have to make sure it's correct to protect their reputation as hockey journalists and also the reputation of TSN.

Z, D and C is crying in a corner somewhere.

Oh please. I'm crying on my chair like a man.

Though I think it could be argued its a lateral move when its all said and done

Oh yeah it could.

No, I'm actually happy with this. Both Flip and the Wings needed a change. Hopefully he does well in Tampa, though their depth on wing is pretty shallow.

Oh please. I'm crying on my chair like a man.

Oh yeah it could.

No, I'm actually happy with this. Both Flip and the Wings needed a change. Hopefully he does well in Tampa, though their depth on wing is pretty shallow.

Change could definitely be good for him. You have to wonder how motivated he was to be a Wing asking for $5 million+, and who could blame him in some ways? Perhaps he'll be able to elevate his play on a team where he has more of a chance to be a top player. It wasn't going to happen in Detroit so long as Dats and Z were around.

But as I've said all along, I wish Holland had realized this 2-3 years ago and traded him to help fill a more pressing need back when he was by far our best trade asset...

Well, if he wasn't gonna re-sign with Detroit, I guess this is as good a result as I could have hoped for, at least he didn't end up on a team that I despise. Looks like I won't be getting that Filppula Red Wings jersey this Christmas, perhaps a Filppula Bolts t-shirt and a blank Wings sweater until I decide who my new favorite Wing is.

I know hindsight is 20/20 but it sure would've been nice for the Wings to get something in return for a player they drafted and developed in their system.

In the end it's a business so no hard feelings towards Flip, but I think Detroit has been on the overly loyal end sometimes and end up paying for it.

I know hindsight is 20/20 but it sure would've been nice for the Wings to get something in return for a player they drafted and developed in their system.

In the end it's a business so no hard feelings towards Flip, but I think Detroit has been on the overly loyal end sometimes and end up paying for it.

You mean, teams are actually allowed to trade players during the trade deadline? :nervous:

There was a time when I thought Hudler and Fil would be Datsyuk and Zetterberg, Jr. And now both are gone and I don't even miss them.

I wish Flop the best but good luck struggling on a bottom feeder.

Interesting question posed in the Toronto Sun's website yesterday:

Another would be which deal has the better chance of ending in a buyout:
1. Clowe’s $24.25 million for five years with the New Jersey Devils;
2. Nathan Horton’s $37.1 million for seven years with the Columbus Blue Jackets;
3. Valtteri Filppula’s five-year deal for $25 million with the Tampa Bay Lightning or
4. All of the above.
Edited by ogreslayer

Interesting question posed in the Toronto Sun's website yesterday:

Another would be which deal has the better chance of ending in a buyout:
1. Clowe’s $24.25 million for five years with the New Jersey Devils;
2. Nathan Horton’s $37.1 million for seven years with the Columbus Blue Jackets;
3. Valtteri Filppula’s five-year deal for $25 million with the Tampa Bay Lightning or
4. All of the above.

They should have included Bozak's and Clarkson's