• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Filppula to Tampa 5 yr $5 million

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

They should have included Bozak's and Clarkson's

I think Clarkson's contract is the most likely to end in frustration.

Anyway, I'm still laughing at Filppula's supposition that he's a #1 center.

I think Clarkson's contract is the most likely to end in frustration.

Anyway, I'm still laughing at Filppula's supposition that he's a #1 center.

Why is that any funnier than Ericsson being a top pairing defenseman?

On a team that lacks depth at that position, it's not inconceivable that he might play center at some point.

So long, Fil. Would have been nice if you had followed in the footsteps of Wings players who learned to check their ego at the door, but that's that.

I've criticized the guy a lot, but can you blame him for wanting to change scenery (Florida is nice) and taking more money? Potentially, more playing time as well.

Not to mention, the fanbase there won't be as harsh.

Guest DeGraa55

I think Clarkson's contract is the most likely to end in frustration.Anyway, I'm still laughing at Filppula's supposition that he's a #1 center.

He is number one on a bad team. So he is half right?

.but ya really he is a second line center. But he will be missed.

Guest Crymson

Why is that any funnier than Ericsson being a top pairing defenseman?

Because Ericsson just came off of a successful season as a top-pairing defenseman, whereas Filppula just had his worst season since he was a rookie.

:confused1:

Umm.....why are you here again?

Didn't you hear? You've been traded.

Nonsense. He was signed by Tampa Bay to a five-year contract!

Because Ericsson just came off of a successful season as a top-pairing defenseman, whereas Filppula just had his worst season since he was a rookie.

Nonsense. He was signed by Tampa Bay to a five-year contract!

Ericsson did have a good season, but he still shouldn't be a top pairing defenseman and Filppula shouldn't be a top line center.

It's just the way it ends up sometimes when a team doesn't have the proper personnel to play those roles.

What is the weather like in Tampa? What should I pack?

Plenty of hair gel and tanning lotion.

Also, get ready to pass a lot of pucks to Stamkos for one-timers. Should be more fun than passing it to Cleary and watching him fall down.

Guest The Axe

Tampa's shopping Ryan Malone.

To Detroit:

Ryan Malone

To Tampa:

Cory Emmerton

Pick

This doesnt help.

To Tampa:

Bertuzzi

Samuelsson

Tootoo

Pick

That helps.

Guest The Axe

To Tampa:

Mikael Samuelsson

Cory Emmerton

Sammy somehow waives his NTC.

I can live with that. We have to at least get rid of one sore thumb.

Guest The Axe

Malone would be a good replacement for Cleary. We all know how much Ken likes reclamation project players.

Are you kidding me? We need to sign Cleary too!

Guest The Axe

I don't want him back, considering he'll want a 3 or 4 year deal.

Im joking.

Guest Crymson

He fleeced Holland's ass during the Quincey trade.

He acted as an intermediary for a trade that Holland was wanting to make already. So no, he didn't. He merely inserted himself.

Personally I never disliked the guy, just thought he was a little redundant on this squad.

I never disliked him either. I just kept hoping he'd produce more offense. As they point out in that article he's got the skills. If Tampa is looking at his offensive contribution as a bonus, then they should be very happy with Flip. He's definitely a solid two-way forward.

It'll be interesting to see how he does there. With all the time and money they put into Flip, it's still a shame Holland lost him for nothing.

Personally I never disliked the guy, just thought he was a little redundant on this squad.

I never disliked him either. I just kept hoping he'd produce more offense. As they point out in that article he's got the skills. If Tampa is looking at his offensive contribution as a bonus, then they should be very happy with Flip. He's definitely a solid two-way forward.

It'll be interesting to see how he does there. With all the time and money they put into Flip, it's still a shame Holland lost him for nothing.

I think most were a little confused as to why he didn't trade his rights in May for a low pick. The only realistic reason could be that Val's agent was being a ****** and Holland was left thinking that the chances of resigning at his price were much higher.

I really question if some of these players know how their agents misrepresent them in aspects like this. Look at the mess with Brunner. It didn't have to be like that, and he probably wouldn't have done it in the same way if it was just him.

Guest Crymson

It would have made little sense for Holland to trade Filppula in the midst of a playoff push. As it turned out, Filppula was not particularly important in last month of the regular season or the playoffs, but we know that only in hindsight.

Furthermore, with the awful season that Filppula was having plus his well-known high salary demands, I doubt that the Wings would have been offered much for him. Perhaps a 2nd, at best. I don't doubt that Yzerman was the only GM willing to give him anything in the area of $5m.

Edited by Crymson