• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Filppula to Tampa 5 yr $5 million

Rate this topic

"Hey, this Filapoola guy plays that thing, what's it called again? Oh yeah, defense. So, like, we don't have to play, uh, defense, right? Cuz we have a guy for that. Right? Man, I love Filapoola!" said the Lightning forward.

as if the lightning forward were going to play defense anyway :P

I absolutely love D and Z. I just wish they would score more goals.

I have high expectations for them, Weiss, and Alfie.

I hope Abdelkader is an absolute puck retrieval machine!

And I really want Mule to make me stop typing bad things about him on the internet!

But I also have different expectations than most on here, I am not a championship or bust kind of guy, so they are tempered high expectations!

Edit: Should have said my highest expectations are on Howard, then Dekeyser! But thought to keep it forward based.

Edited by Opie

So Filppula scored his team's only goal in his first game, shootout winner in the next, assist on the OT GWG in his third game and scored 2 sick goals tonight along with being +3 and 59% on the faceoff. On the other hand, our "big upgrade" has scored one goal, is -1 and 41% on the faceoff. Nice off season Kenny.

So Filppula scored his team's only goal in his first game, shootout winner in the next, assist on the OT GWG in his third game and scored 2 sick goals tonight along with being +3 and 59% on the faceoff. On the other hand, our "big upgrade" has scored one goal, is -1 and 41% on the faceoff. Nice off season Kenny.

Maybe the common denominator is ol' sucky-ballz

Franzen? Maybe Filpulla is playing with wingers who give a rat's ass, and maybe Weiss is now shackled with the pirouetting floater. /rant

I don't think we can compare the parts that left to the parts that were signed, Flip in particular. He had one great season here, and was solid in the others but I think it just boiled down to needing a change of scenery. Maybe he feels like he can be a different player on a different team. Just because he's scoring with the Bolts, doesn't mean he'd be scoring here if he'd stayed. I liked Flip, and if he could have been the player he was in 11/12 every year he would have been worth that 5 mil here. He wasn't, and isn't. That doesn't mean he won't earn every penny in TB.

Guest Crymson

Yep, after he scored 13 points in 46 games with a mediocre playoffs the season before. Do you have powers of foresight? If so, then please share them with the organization. If not, then stop acting as if you know better.

Guest DeGraa55

Flippula will be back here after he's turned 40 coming off a year in the KHL

Stop man just stop you need to be realistic. He will be at least 42....and will get a three year deal and a ntc.

I've said before that I miss him.

So ill say why.

He's homegrown, I watched him as a rookie.

And I've seen samuelsson score 30+ goals, and if he can do that.

Filpulla can have a down, lockout shortened season

And ill give him the benefit of doubt.

I've seen his talent, his potential, and his heart, but I am not a businessman and I see the downside of giving him that deal.

We either get a bargain and are happy, or much more likely end up being mad at his deal like franzen.

Agreed. We're really in "resurrect thread" mode already?

The thread was barely 2 weeks old when I posted, if even. That counts as a "resurrection"? :confused1:

My intent wasn't to say that Wiess sucks (I'm sure he's good, but he will be weighed down from Franzen just like Filppula was) or Holland sucks but to point out that Filppula is already having a huge impact on his new team and is getting tons of credit for things he never got credit for (short of myself and an occasional couple others) here.