• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest DeGraa55

is anyone happy right now?

Rate this topic

I think nyquist has another year maybe... not Tatar

Thanks for the correction. With the friendship Tatar and Brunner have, it'd be fun to see them on a line with Andersson

Edit: I think you're wrong too. "regarding both the out-of-waiver-options players that are Gustav Nyquist, Joakim Andersson, Tomas Tatar and Brian Lashoff, as well as Danny DeKeyser (he's been okay--hands are fine, but is understandably a step behind) and the Wings' "next wave" of prospects:"

Edited by _SP_

So here's the deal, I've been camping all week and have no idea what lead up to all this. Why no Sammy buyout? Since when were the Wings interested in Alfie and why? Has Brunner signed somewhere else or is he just taking his time? What's the news on the RFAs? Why aren't they signed?

All I know is that we've got 2 goalies, 7 defensemen, and 42,000 forwards. Something's got to give right?

sammy said he was injured so we couldnt buy him out , we got a ton of bottom 6 forwards that gotta be gone 2-4 guys for sure

So here's the deal, I've been camping all week and have no idea what lead up to all this. Why no Sammy buyout? Since when were the Wings interested in Alfie and why? Has Brunner signed somewhere else or is he just taking his time? What's the news on the RFAs? Why aren't they signed?

All I know is that we've got 2 goalies, 7 defensemen, and 42,000 forwards. Something's got to give right?

Supposedly Sammy would claim injury if the Wings try to buy him out.

Not sure about Alfie and really not sure why the Wings didn't try to keep Brunner on this team.

Same price??? Did you NOT see what Ottawa gave up for Ryan?? As far as Clarkson goes... 5-year deal is a LOT more than the "same price" as a 1-year deal.

Over the next 5 years Clarkson will score 125+ goals for the ML and be a pain in our side the hole damn time. Mean while we have nothing. Ryan will be doing the same damn thing for the Sens. 60+ goals for them over the next 2 years. between the 2 of them they have 10.5 million or so in cap hits. same amount as Alfie and Weiss.

Over the next 5 years Clarkson will score 125+ goals for the ML and be a pain in our side the hole damn time. Mean while we have nothing. Ryan will be doing the same damn thing for the Sens. 60+ goals for them over the next 2 years. between the 2 of them they have 10.5 million or so in cap hits. same amount as Alfie and Weiss.

Clarkson will score 90 goals for the ML. Ryan will be soft as hell and disappear for big games. And Detroit will have a glut of young players on entry level and second contracts giving them a lot of room to make moves in the near future.

Brunner could still sign here. Either way, Tatar is as good and could be better than Brunner.

Yes, and that's why Tatar should be on the 2nd line with Mule and Weiss. Have Andersson on the 4th line with Abdelkader and Miller and have our 3rd line as Brunner-Helm-Nyquist. Our 1st line being Alfie-Dats-Z :wub: THAT MAKES ME SO HAPPY!!!! Then trade the other guys that don't fit in the top 13 and keep Tuzzi as our 13th forward.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Franzen

Abdelkader-Weiss-Alfredsson

Nyquist-Andersson-Brunner

Miller-Helm-Bertuzzi

Emmerton-Tootoo

Ericsson-Kronwall

Quincy-Kindl

Dekeyser-Smith

Lashoff

Assuming they keep Tatar on the top line in Grand Rapids... I'd rather see him get top minutes there and solidify is game than to play third-line minutes in Detroit... I just want them to find a way to keep Brunner. His game is already on par with Samuelsson and his upside is a LOT higher. The Red Wings should file a grievance against Samuelsson in regards to his "injury" that won't allow them to use a buyout.

I thought Tatar wasn't eligible to go back this year without clearing waivers?? He should be on the Wings anyways. 16 goals in the playoffs and the MVP.....= paid his dues yo!

Clarkson will score 90 goals for the ML. Ryan will be soft as hell and disappear for big games. And Detroit will have a glut of young players on entry level and second contracts giving them a lot of room to make moves in the near future.

Because we do so much of that! passing on Ryan for example. Nyquist and tatar will be lucky to score as many goals per season COMBINED as what Ryan does. he is a proven 30-35 goal per year guy.

Vinny LeCav to expensive. Signs with Philly for 4.5 million per year. Weiss sign with us for 4.9 million per year. over the last 4 years Vinny has produced 205 points in the regular season and Weiss produced 170. We are paying more money for LESS PRODUCTION!

Alfie-signs for 5.5 million. Clarkson signs for 5.2 million. Who is the better bet to score 30 goals in 2013/14? How about 14/15? 15/16? Again, more money for less production!

But next year we have a ton of money available. True. To spend on what? more over 35 forwards? That is our recent history. Pass on the big names-the few that make it and blow our money on nothing.

Because we do so much of that! passing on Ryan for example. Nyquist and tatar will be lucky to score as many goals per season COMBINED as what Ryan does. he is a proven 30-35 goal per year guy.

Vinny LeCav to expensive. Signs with Philly for 4.5 million per year. Weiss sign with us for 4.9 million per year. over the last 4 years Vinny has produced 205 points in the regular season and Weiss produced 170. We are paying more money for LESS PRODUCTION!

Alfie-signs for 5.5 million. Clarkson signs for 5.2 million. Who is the better bet to score 30 goals in 2013/14? How about 14/15? 15/16? Again, more money for less production!

But next year we have a ton of money available. True. To spend on what? more over 35 forwards? That is our recent history. Pass on the big names-the few that make it and blow our money on nothing.

Clarkson scored 30 goals once. Cheechoo once scored 56 goals, one season doesn't prove anything. Clarkson was extremely overpaid for a guy who is a 2nd-3rd line tweener.

This is the best FA signing period the Wings have had in years.

The Alfredsson signing is a great one, espeically with it being only 1 year with the potential to give the Wings 2 million in extra space next season should he not hit his performance bonuses.

He gives us a top 6 forward with a RH shot who can also help out our struggling PP.

I like Flip and I think he'll probably put up more pts next season than Weiss, but Weiss is a better center and fits the Wings needs better.

Brunner leaving hurts a little, but someone had to go to free up a roster spots for Tatar and Nyquist, either of whom I think can provide his offence, while hopefully upgrading on him defensively.

Now with a glut of forwards I fully expect a trade for a defenceman hopefully someone capable of playing on the 2nd pair at worst or 1st pairing at best.

is anyone happy right now? - In direct reply, I am very happy with these moves.

No this isn't an overreaction thread. I'm just wondering what is everyone's thoughts right now?

Let's look at our team. We lose fil and Brunner which are negatives. Lose cleary and cola which are positive.

Gain Alfie and Weiss. So as of right now we are a worse team from last year.

Then to top it all off we could of had a much better player in fil for 5m or Vinny for 4.5m but we got stuck with Weiss for just over 4m?

Then the best part is bobby Ryan got traded for almost nothing. Nyquist, a 1st, and what any other younger prospect not named mantha, Sproul, oullet, mrazek and it would've been a done deal. Youre talking a no brainer of a deal. Ana gave him him for almost nothing they could be got so much more.

So I ask unless there's a more trades or signings(cleary makes us worse) what are everyone's reactions and thoughts right now.

Mine is I'm quite mad. Holland continues to let us down. And THE ONLY wah I see us making the playoffs is we need DAT z kronwall ericsson and Howard to play like like they did this year. As well as guys like Nyquist Anderson Tatar smith and dekeyser need to play major roles as well.

Weiss > Fil

Alfie > Brunner

How is the team worse off with these swaps?

The Wings are rebuilding and staying competitive. They lose Fil but picked up Weiss (who is an Eastern Conference vet). They lost Brunner and picked up a NHL HOF type player in Alfie (who is also an Eastern conference vet).

Both are upgrades.

Guest The Axe

Im just happy Kenny is making moves that are positive. They arent the best moves ever, but they appear to be ones that will help us right now.

Letting Brunner/Flip/Cleary walk and adding Alfredsson/Weiss/Tatar in their spots is a HUGE upgrade. Alfredsson played 47 games last year and will play hard for us when its cup time. Weiss is a solid 75-80 game guy, usually. And Tatar is ready to jizz all over the NHL. I hope we keep Brunner and find a way to get Bert and Sammy permanently removed from our roster, but I wont cry if we have to wait another year to get rid of tweedle dee and tweedle dum.

Clarkson scored 30 goals once. Cheechoo once scored 56 goals, one season doesn't prove anything. Clarkson was extremely overpaid for a guy who is a 2nd-3rd line tweener.

Clearly you don't know much about the devils. Which is fair. Clarkson was on the checking lines until 2 years ago. Moved up and scored 30 while being a league hit leader. This year same pace. Would have been our leading scorer. been 1st or second on our team in hits as well. he is that good.

Clearly you don't know much about the devils. Which is fair. Clarkson was on the checking lines until 2 years ago. Moved up and scored 30 while being a league hit leader. This year same pace. Would have been our leading scorer. been 1st or second on our team in hits as well. he is that good.

Based on last seasons production he would be behind Brunner. Hes not that good, and definitely not worth anything over 4 million dollars let alone over 5 million.

The Wings didn't pass on Ryan, they just weren't going to give up what Anaheim wanted for him. The Wings don't have a forward prospect that is as highly touted as Silferberg, we'd have to give up both Nyquist and Tatar to match that and even then probably another lower end prospect along with our 1st to get Ryan from Anaheim.

Personally I think Anaheim got the better of that deal, especially if Ryan doesn't re-sign with them.

I'd prefer Lecavalier to Weiss too, but its not like the Wings didn't try to get him, they just weren't willing to sign a long term deal with him. I would have done it, but I don't see the drop off from Lecavalier to Weiss being big enough for me to complain.

Clarkson was the 2nd worst signing of the entire FA period with only Boyd Gordon's deal being worse and even thats debateable since its only a 3 year deal.

It wasn't a perfect off-season but this was a positive

Based on last seasons production he would be behind Brunner. Hes not that good, and definitely not worth anything over 4 million dollars let alone over 5 million.

Again you are wrong. Clarkson had 15 goals. Brunner had 12. datsyuk our team leader had 15 goals as well. Clarkson also had 84 hits which would have been second. Brunner had 20 hits btw. Big difference in players here.

Alfie is a STUD, great addition on it's own. Weiss > Flipulla at the price they signed for.

I don't think the Wings are much better, but the roster has been stagnant for years, getting fresh names on the roster is only a positive thing. The Wings still need Brunner though, and need to unload a couple forwards. They could of easily matched Ottawa's offer, the Wings have extra forwards and extra prospects.

Again you are wrong. Clarkson had 15 goals. Brunner had 12. datsyuk our team leader had 15 goals as well. Clarkson also had 84 hits which would have been second. Brunner had 20 hits btw. Big difference in players here.

Okay? He's still 2nd/3rd liner who averages 17 goals a season who got over 5 million.

Happy? No. Intrigued? Yes. I don't know enough about Weiss to form much of an opinion. It sounds as if it's a wash between him and Fil. Not sure I understand that except for the "change of scenery" argument.

As for Alfie (gawd, why do so many hockey players have childish nicknames?), it sounds as if he's got something to prove. He's a long-time vet and wants to win a Cup. Obviously he didn't think that was going to happen in Ott.

For me, though, the big question is, "Am I concerned about losing Brunner?" Answer: HELL YES.

Brunner is fun to watch. The kid has a huge smile and plays with an infectious enthusiasm. He seems so happy to be playing in the NHL. I really hope he re-signs with Detroit.