• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest DeGraa55

is anyone happy right now?

Rate this topic

Guest Playmaker

Apparently the Wings are still trying to sign Cleary. Ugh. WTF are we going to do with all these forwards?

We need to start a thread of facts that people need to read before posting. People keep saying Nyquist and Tatar can play in GR but they are out of options. People still think we can bury guy's contracts - not true. People still think amnesties are only for people with salary over 3mill - not true. People still think we can amnesty a player this year - not true, have to wait till next year. People hate on holland for not buying out sammy - sammy blocked that by saying he is injured and can't be bought out.

This.

Personally I think Tatar gets dealt in a package deal of some sort. I like the guy but we have too many forwards. Who knows maybe Sammy can contribute next season. I do know that, unless someone needs to get to the floor, we're stuck with him. Also wouldn't be surprised to see Tootoo go somewhere for a lower pick.

...and still no goal scorer. I long for a goal scorer. You know, the kind that consistently scores goals. Other than that, happy about Weiss and not thrilled about anything else. I guess we'll have to see how things go, but again...goal scorer?

What goal scorer is available at the deadline? Briere and Vinny? I certainly don't think Ryan is a goal scorer. The Red Wings would be much better served making all 4 lines deadly rather than get 1 goal scorer.

Apparently the Wings are still trying to sign Cleary. Ugh. WTF are we going to do with all these forwards?

Everything I have been reading has been pointing to Cleary and Brunner being gone at this stage. Where are you hearing that the Wings are trying to sign Cleary? Got a link?

What goal scorer is available at the deadline? Briere and Vinny? I certainly don't think Ryan is a goal scorer. The Red Wings would be much better served making all 4 lines deadly rather than get 1 goal scorer.

Ryan is a goal scorer. But I don't think we should freak out that we didn't overpay to get him. We would have had to BEAT the offer that OTT made.

This.

Personally I think Tatar gets dealt in a package deal of some sort. I like the guy but we have too many forwards. Who knows maybe Sammy can contribute next season. I do know that, unless someone needs to get to the floor, we're stuck with him. Also wouldn't be surprised to see Tootoo go somewhere for a lower pick.

There is no way Tatar gets dealt. He was the MVP of the AHL playoffs. The Wings like him, and they will play him. He will replace Brunner very well this season.

Everything I have been reading has been pointing to Cleary and Brunner being gone at this stage. Where are you hearing that the Wings are trying to sign Cleary? Got a link?

How about something like this instead?

Red Wings still talking to Daniel Cleary. Wouldn't be surprised if deal gets done today.

Ryan is a goal scorer. But I don't think we should freak out that we didn't overpay to get him. We would have had to BEAT the offer that OTT made.

At that price, I agree. I wouldn't have made that deal.

How about something like this instead?

Red Wings still talking to Daniel Cleary. Wouldn't be surprised if deal gets done today.

Just read that. Thanks! I am surprised at this though. They should be trying to resign their RFAs.

I would have rather had Billins resigned. It was a mistake to let him walk.

Guest mjtm77

Whoever made this thread are you insane?? The wings are looking pretty good right now. Dats gets to play with Z. Thank god. Yes I am happy!

Also Weiss is going to surprise some people. He a legit number 2 center. Also Alfredsson should do pretty good in a lowered scoring role and not to mention a right handed shot from the point that is not Sammy or Justin s***head. I don't see how we could have done any better with what happened today.

Zetterberg Dats Abby

Franzen Weiss Alfredsson

Tatar Helm/Anderson Nyquist

Miller Helm/Anderson Bertuzzi

I don't see what's not to like about this forward group. Thank god Holland actually did something.

anyway I am going to enjoy my summer. You guys that think we are worse this year are mad. See u guys come the season.

edit- that forward group is Stanley cup good. Lets just hope our defense can play well

Edited by mjtm77

There is no way Tatar gets dealt. He was the MVP of the AHL playoffs. The Wings like him, and they will play him. He will replace Brunner very well this season.

I hope you're right in that. I like him as well. I just think with his options done and a log jam of forwards that he's the one that other teams will ask about. Doesn't mean he will be dealt but he's the one teams want. Not the Emmerton, Eaves, Sammy, Bert, Tootoo, ect.

Ah, but this is the genius of Holland you guys are always talking about in Detroit, right? We let go a young Swiss guy (Brunner) whose first NHL experience ever has him top of the heaps in Wings playoff scoring. Obviously that is a bad sign. TIsk tisk. Too much scoring. And why would we want someone who can actually score in the playoffs when we have so many others? Why would we want a forward whose first inclination is to shoot the darn puck? No no, we'll be much better off with a 40 year old top six guy and some other center who up until today 75% of wings fan didn't even know existed. Yea, Holland is a real genius.

Ah, but this is the genius of Holland you guys are always talking about in Detroit, right? We let go a young Swiss guy (Brunner) whose first NHL experience ever has him top of the heaps in Wings playoff scoring. Obviously that is a bad sign. TIsk tisk. Too much scoring. And why would we want someone who can actually score in the playoffs when we have so many others? Why would we want a forward whose first inclination is to shoot the darn puck? No no, we'll be much better off with a 40 year old top six guy and some other center who up until today 75% of wings fan didn't even know existed. Yea, Holland is a real genius.

Weiss is a great player - id say 99% of wings fans at least knew of him.

Weiss is an outstanding player and I'm sure quite a few wings fans knew that. No one has signed Brunner right? Ok so we will see what happens. Even if we don't I like this team going forward an for the year after. Alfie Bert and Sammy all come off the cap next year.

Guest Playmaker

Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 1h

I'm actually very happy. A little scared of how we'll ditch the extra players though. I just want Tatar and Nyquist on the team next year, that's all I ask for now. We could have a great team next year.

Guest Playmaker

Ryan has scored over 30 goals every year he's been in the league. What would you consider a goal scorer?

Very happy of the new additions, Dissapointed in both Cleary (don't want him back) & Brunner (did want him back). Maybe Kenny takes that salary & gets one guy on the tough side with some offence, Is there another 4 to 4.5 mil guy left that fits tat?

Guest The Axe

I'mf****** ecstatic. Flip is overrated. If we manage to get Cleary, cool, he's a warrior. Will I miss Brunner? Not as much as I'll love Tatar and Nyquist.

Exactly. Brunner needs a good playmaker. Tatar and Nyquist are developing into the kind of players that make Brunner type guys expendable.

Guest DeGraa55

The Wings are in a good position cap-wise going forward ... that's a good thing.

I do agree with this. But tell me what good can come from it? Its doesn't matter if we got cap space when we sign junk.