• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest DeGraa55

is anyone happy right now?

Rate this topic

Why would any one who is a Wings fan be happy today after taking two of the top ten free agents today. Now with that said we still need a top 2 Defenseman bad. The wings are going to be a puck position team again and fun to watch this year

Guest DeGraa55

Who's junk?

Sammy cola and I'm a tootoo fan but some say he is. Alfie is at this point in his career. And Weiss is given the composition of our team. If we didn't have 68 guys like him all ready? Sure he is a good signing. But he isn't what we NEEDED.

Why would any one who is a Wings fan be happy today after taking two of the top ten free agents today. Now with that said we still need a top 2 Defenseman bad. The wings are going to be a puck position team again and fun to watch this year

I pray you're right. The dump and chase game doesn't suit us.

Because we do so much of that! passing on Ryan for example. Nyquist and tatar will be lucky to score as many goals per season COMBINED as what Ryan does. he is a proven 30-35 goal per year guy.

Vinny LeCav to expensive. Signs with Philly for 4.5 million per year. Weiss sign with us for 4.9 million per year. over the last 4 years Vinny has produced 205 points in the regular season and Weiss produced 170. We are paying more money for LESS PRODUCTION!

Alfie-signs for 5.5 million. Clarkson signs for 5.2 million. Who is the better bet to score 30 goals in 2013/14? How about 14/15? 15/16? Again, more money for less production!

But next year we have a ton of money available. True. To spend on what? more over 35 forwards? That is our recent history. Pass on the big names-the few that make it and blow our money on nothing.

Willing to bet Weiss outperforms Vinny next year.

Ericcson and Quiency are both UFA's after next season, so an upgrade may be possible then. BRUNNER SIGN BRUNNER, PLEASE KENNY, I'LL NEVER SPEAK ILL OF YOU EVER AGAIN.

"Willing to bet Weiss outperforms Vinny next year."

Bet you $20 Vincent racks up more points per game than Weiss next season.

Edited by TheOwl

Guest DeGraa55

I pray you're right. The dump and chase game doesn't suit us.

Cause we don't have the forwards for it. But it would suit our d nicely.

Guest Crymson

Ericcson and Quiency are both UFA's after next season, so an upgrade may be possible then. BRUNNER SIGN BRUNNER, PLEASE KENNY, I'LL NEVER SPEAK ILL OF YOU EVER AGAIN.

"Willing to bet Weiss outperforms Vinny next year."

Do you plan to ever live up to any of these bets? Here's what we have so far:

Stop ripping Flippula. I will bet ANYONE $20 Flipulla has a career year next season.
He sure does deserve a spot on the roster, but Brunner will be a 30-40 goal scorer a year, I will bet ANYONE $20.

Good deal, Columbus is a contender. I'll bet anyone $20 they win the cup in the next 5 years.

I will bet ANYONE on here $20 that Philly will win the cup before the Wings do.

I'm beginning to suspect that this is a gimmick...

Edited by Crymson

So the team essentially looks like this...

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Alfredsson
Franzen - Weiss - ??????????

??????? - Helm - ??????????

??????? - Andersson - ??????

Kronwall - Ericsson

Kindl - Quincey

Smith - DeKeyser

Lashoff

Howard

Gustavsson

It's going to be fun watching who earns that last top6 spot. I think Tatar, Nyquist, Bertuzzi, and Sammy all have a legit shot at it. I see a lot of lines with Abby in the top6 but IMO that's not going to happen. I think the only reason he was with Dats and Z in the playoffs was cause all our other big bodies were hurt.

I also think Sammy is going to surprise people if he avoids injury. He produced with Vancouver and Florida and I don't see any reason why he can't again here if he can stay healthy.

...and still no goal scorer. I long for a goal scorer. You know, the kind that consistently scores goals. Other than that, happy about Weiss and not thrilled about anything else. I guess we'll have to see how things go, but again...goal scorer?

Who in the hell is on the FA market that is a goal scorer to you cuz i saw none?

Overall I am happy. I think Weiss is an upgrade over flip. Alfie is a low risk high reward contract. I still have faith in our young corps. I think with a preseason and a full season these 2 guys will help with the development of some our younger guys.

I don't understand some people being upset with these signings. Alfie is older than I would like but having a good player with a desperate desire for the cup seems like a good plan. The only thing I'm bummed about is Brunner

Edited by Ally

Guest DeGraa55

I don't understand some people being upset with these signings. Alfie is older than I would like but having a good player with a desperate desire for the cup seems like a good plan. The only thing I'm bummed about is Brunner

Well some people like me want cups other want to just make the playoffs every year.

These signings don't make us cup contenders. Ryan and/or clarkson would've.

Exactly. Brunner needs a good playmaker. Tatar and Nyquist are developing into the kind of players that make Brunner type guys expendable.

tatar isnt gonna cause much damage if hes here at this point due to these signings in fact i can see him being pissed off and asking for another trade again (if he even starts the season here, still think holland will trade him)

zetterberg datsyuk abdelkader

franzen weiss alfredsson

nyquist helm bertuzzi(cant imagine bert on a 4th line)

miller andersson tatar

and hearing detroit is in on cleary with pitts and ducks ( and my gut feeling says hes coming back)

samuelsson, tootoo, emmerton eaves on the outs (dont know how theyll get rid of sammy)

cant see how tatar gets a fair shot , only reason andersson and nyquist did last year was due to injuries we love playing the veterans way too much here

Guest Playmaker

Alfie isn't older, he's OLD!

Today wasn't bad. Could have been better....I really want to know what Brunner's agent is trying to do here.

Will be interesting to see how Kenny handles the remaining RFAs and tight cap space.

Guest Crymson

Well some people like me want cups other want to just make the playoffs every year.

Clarkson? The guy who is a bad skater, a mediocre passer, undisciplined, poor at defense, terrible at blocking shots, and generally possessed of an indifferent hockey mind would have made this team a Cup contender? I can't help but think that you simply looked under 2011-2012, saw "30 goals," and assumed that he was a premiere power forward. Devils fans would laugh at that description. I've been on HF all day, and I haven't seen a single one who believes that he was worth anywhere near the contract he got.

Edited by Crymson

Clarkson? The guy has 170 points in 426 career games. He had ONE good season and scored 30 goals in 80 games. The guy is over-rated, and now overpaid. Grabovski is a much better player than Clarkson, what an idiotic move by the Leafs.

Ryan could of been had, and he would of been a difference maker. The Wings and this current roster are slightly better than last seasons (assuming all the RFA's come back), If they want to be a top 5 contender, like Boston for example, they need another top 6 forward or a top 2 D-man. The Wings have space, but it is currently wasted on Sammy and Bert.

Brunner >> Tatar and Nyquist. I don't know what any of you are talking about.

Simply replacing Bert and Sammy with Brunner and Jagr would instantly make us a top 3 Cup contender. Getter done Kenny!

Edited by TheOwl

Guest DeGraa55

tatar isnt gonna cause much damage if hes here at this point due to these signings in fact i can see him being pissed off and asking for another trade again (if he even starts the season here, still think holland will trade him)

zetterberg datsyuk abdelkader

franzen weiss alfredsson

nyquist helm bertuzzi(cant imagine bert on a 4th line)

miller andersson tatar

and hearing detroit is in on cleary with pitts and ducks ( and my gut feeling says hes coming back)

samuelsson, tootoo, emmerton eaves on the outs (dont know how theyll get rid of sammy)

cant see how tatar gets a fair shot , only reason andersson and nyquist did last year was due to injuries we love playing the veterans way too much here

The Weiss signing tells me helm will be on litr. Just a gut feeling ive got and thought for awhile.

Clarkson? The guy who is a bad skater, a mediocre passer, an indifferent hockey mind, undisciplined, poor at defense, terrible at blocking shots, and not a particularly good shooter would have made this team a Cup contender? I can't help but think that you simply looked under 2011-2012, saw "30 goals," and assumed that he was a premiere power forward. Devils fans would laugh at that description.

clarkson is gritty hits fights and has a good shot and hes not 40 and at the end of his career , yes he would of helped this team by a mile ... that being said no way i would of given him the contract he got

Guest DeGraa55

Clarkson? The guy has 170 points in 426 career games. He had ONE good season and scored 30 goals in 80 games. The guy is over-rated, and now overpaid. Grabovski is a much better player than Clarkson, what an idiotic move by the Leafs.

Ryan could of been had, and he would of been a difference maker. The Wings and this current roster are slightly better than last seasons (assuming all the RFA's come back), If they want to be a top 5 contender, like Boston for example, they need another top 6 forward or a top 2 D-man. The Wings have space, but it is currently wasted on Sammy and Bert.

The actually don't have space. Cap wise we got 7 forwards too many. That's why signing Alfie didn't makesense in my mind. And clarkson was on the third line. When he moved up he scored more. DAt needs a guy who will throw pucks at the net.

If you don't like clarkson then there is several other fas that would of worked. Even Horton (I did want him hut changed my mind because of his injuries).