• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest DeGraa55

is anyone happy right now?

Rate this topic

The Weiss signing tells me helm will be on litr. Just a gut feeling ive got and thought for awhile.

Same. Not sure how he's magically going to get better after a couple of extra months. I really hope we're wrong.

Maybe he can get some of Karlsson's magic medicine, whatever the hell that was.

Today wasn't bad. Could have been better....I really want to know what Brunner's agent is trying to do here.

Will be interesting to see how Kenny handles the remaining RFAs and tight cap space.

hes not gonna end up with as much money as he thought he would , my prediction is he will go on a crappier team where he will play on the top 6 guaranteed and miss the playoffs every year ... waste

Guest Crymson

Sorry to give an English lesson here, people, but this is getting painful: it's "would've" or "would have," not "would of." The same goes for should, could, etc.

Moving on....

The Weiss signing tells me helm will be on litr. Just a gut feeling ive got and thought for awhile.

The signing of a second-line center makes you believe that the team's third-line center will be out for the season? How does that logic follow? Helm is unlikely to ever be a top-six forward.

Anyway, the news today about Helm was very good.

Edited by Crymson

Guest DeGraa55

Sorry to give an English lesson here, people, but this is getting painful: it's "would've" or "would have," not "would of." The same goes for should, could, etc.

Moving on....

Signing a second-line center makes you believe that the team's third-line center will be out for the season? How does that logic follow?

Anyway, the news today about Helm was very good.

Helm is actually a fourth line center. But I'd rather seen Anderson on second line or z centering the second line.

Also this isn't English class. And some people like myself type this on a phone....so doing shortcuts help and there is also loads of typing errors.

Edited by DeGraa55

Guest Crymson

Helm is actually a fourth line center. But I'd rather seen Anderson on second line or z centering the second line.

Helm is fully capable of centering an effective third line. He did so in 2011-2012, if you hadn't noticed.

Andersson is by no means ready or able to effectively play a 2nd-line role. While I'm glad that he's with the team, I will be surprised if he ever progresses to that level.

No offense, but I haven't agreed with anything you've said. Holland already said he's better. He's playing in the prospects camp. It's been reported that he'll be ready for training camp.

I came into this offseason thinking that however lands clarkson will have made the worst deal of the year, and I thin I'm right. (Funny that its the leafs that ended up making the terrible deal)

Alfredsson is perfect because he is still really good, he wants to win more than any other free agent (except maybe iginla) and he didn't require a long commitment. What more can you ask?

To me, the Weiss deal means

either emmerton or Anderson is out. Hopefully it's emmerton because I think he's pretty much expendable

Edited by wingsfan4795

Guest Crymson

No offense, but I haven't agreed with anything you've said. Holland already said he's better. He's playing in the prospects camp. It's been reported that he'll be ready for training camp.

I came into this offseason thinking that however lands clarkson will have made the worst deal of the year, and I thin I'm right. (Funny that its the leafs that ended up making the terrible deal)

Alfredsson is perfect because he is still really good, he wants to win more than any other free agent (except maybe iginla) and he didn't require a long commitment. What more can you ask?

To me, the Weiss deal makes me think emmerton or Anderson is out. Hopefully it's emmerton because I think he's pretty much expendable

Mlive has claimed that Holland is trying to move Emmerton. Whatever the case, he is indisputably of lesser value than Andersson. Too bad for a guy who was one of the top North American prospects in his draft year.

Guest DeGraa55

andersson is no where near a 2nd center ... helm 3rd center and andersson 4th is perfect

I liked my Anderson Nyquist and Brunner(this year hopefully Tatar) line as the third. Anderson>helm. Least one is actually on the ice. But helm is only speed and he does hit. But not a good shooter or playmake....I guess he is a faster better defensively tootoo? Whereas Anderson actually has a better all around game.

There is just no pleasing some of you guys here. Holland changed this team for the better and the depth couldn't be better. If you think Tartar isn't going to get a fair shot you're crazy.

right now i just see him on a 4th line and andersson nyquist just got a shot last year due to all the injuries wouldnt of surprise me if they'd be dealt now if they never played with the team last season

Guest DeGraa55

To me, the Weiss deal means

either emmerton or Anderson is out. Hopefully it's emmerton because I think he's pretty much expendable

See I missed the part of prospects camp....o hope I'm wrong. He is a good defensive forward....still doesn't help what needed in offense...but still is great at defense. But buts it still the feeling I've got. Backs are weird. I guess I'll believe it when I are him in a wings jersey for more than 5 games.

I liked my Anderson Nyquist and Brunner(this year hopefully Tatar) line as the third. Anderson>helm. Least one is actually on the ice. But helm is only speed and he does hit. But not a good shooter or playmake....I guess he is a faster better defensively tootoo? Whereas Anderson actually has a better all around game.

helm is fast as hell , hits, great 2 way , kills penalties ... prior to last year he had 11-12 and 9 goal seasons id say hes capable of getting 15-20 depending on his linemates , in my personal opinion i think hes one of the best 3rd line centers

There is a artical by the freepress that Helm is feeling Really good now and is ready to play

right now i just see him on a 4th line and andersson nyquist just got a shot last year due to all the injuries wouldnt of surprise me if they'd be dealt now if they never played with the team last season

The best thing they can do is put our 5 top-6 caliber players in the top 6 and give Abby the last spot. Then do a speed line like last year (nyquist- helm- Tatar or nyquist-Anderson-Tatar). The 4th line would be whoever is left over that doesn't get traded away

Well some people like me want cups other want to just make the playoffs every year.

These signings don't make us cup contenders. Ryan and/or clarkson would've.

Ryan disappeared in the playoffs.... Clarkson is yet to be proven and is not worth 6 million a year. Glad he didn't over pay.

I'm ecstatic. Holland is the best GM in all of sports. Holland doesn't overpay to sign free agents. I like both contracts.

Agreed. Alfredsson for 1 year is way better than clarkson or 7 years. Especially since its fairly likely that he won't score at the same pace for 7 years

Guest The Axe

Emdog costs us 550k. Why trade him? Thats dumb. He's the best "roster player" (aka 13th/14th forward) in the league.

Holland needs to get rid of Bertuzzi/Tootoo/Sammy. Thats 7 mil in wasted money.

Let Cleary walk. If these rumors of Morrow are true, I'll take Morrow over Cleary every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Alfredsson

Franzen-Weiss-Nyquist

Tatar-Helm-Morrow

Miller-Andersson-Tootoo

Eaves/Bertuzzi

Forgot Abby..so many forwards..

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Mlive has claimed that Holland is trying to move Emmerton. Whatever the case, he is indisputably of lesser value than Andersson. Too bad for a guy who was one of the top North American prospects in his draft year.

Crym, if your not already blogging please start, or send me a link. You are the only thing that keeps me on this forum at this point. God bless your sanity and/or Xanax