No registered users viewing this page.

Guest DeGraa55

is anyone happy right now?

Rate this topic

Weiss > Filppula

Alfredsson > Cleary

Tatar = Brunner

Helm > No Helm

Meh. I'd take Lecavalier over Weiss, even if Weiss is better than Flip.

Tatar and Brunner were both Wings last year. If not for idiotic coaching and GM work, Tatar would have been a regular in the playoffs, instead of being unable to get called up. If we don't resign Brunner, that's a big loss. We lack right handed shots in the long haul (Alfie isn't the long haul). Sucks if we can't have both Tatar and Brunner.

Helm is a big addition, providing, he can stay healthy.

Meh. I'd take Lecavalier over Weiss, even if Weiss is better than Flip.

Tatar and Brunner were both Wings last year. If not for idiotic coaching and GM work, Tatar would have been a regular in the playoffs, instead of being unable to get called up. If we don't resign Brunner, that's a big loss. We lack right handed shots in the long haul (Alfie isn't the long haul). Sucks if we can't have both Tatar and Brunner.

Helm is a big addition, providing, he can stay healthy.

I don't disagree on Vinny, but the reason he is not here is the term of the contract. Vinny is already in visible decline; he is a candidate for post 35 rapid decline, IMO. And, the Flyers will be stuck with that contact for three years in which the probability of Vinny being a shell of even what he is now is fairly high.

When Vinny and his agent insisted on a 5 year term, I knew we were not going to be in it and am happy about it.

Great day yesterday for holland but the moment he trades eaves or tootoo to make room for Cleary signing a 2.75 million a year, 3 year deal and let's Brunner walk this offseason becomes a major fail. I don't get what his fascination with cleary is. Does Cleary do his taxes or something?!

No. I am not happy.

We resigned a useless piece in Cleary and get rid of a young talent in Brunner because of a $500,000 difference. We sign a 40 year old guy for 5.5 million because our team lacks... what? Weiss I have no complaint really, just switching out Fil for scenery's sake.

What did we do this offseason that was any different than last year? Brought back players that are old and once were's. Holding young guns back in doing so. Taking on ridiculous contracts that we shouldn't...

If we lose Tatar, Nyquist or Andersson over this idiocy I swear I may not be able to handle it.

No. I am not happy.

We resigned a useless piece in Cleary and get rid of a young talent in Brunner because of a $500,000 difference. We sign a 40 year old guy for 5.5 million because our team lacks... what? Weiss I have no complaint really, just switching out Fil for scenery's sake.

What did we do this offseason that was any different than last year? Brought back players that are old and once were's. Holding young guns back in doing so. Taking on ridiculous contracts that we shouldn't...

If we lose Tatar, Nyquist or Andersson over this idiocy I swear I may not be able to handle it.

Now i hope we lose em, so wing fans like you can P!$$ off. Cleary ain't resigned...Alfie is better then no Alfie, and Weiss is more hard nosed then Filps (when in doubt go canadian)

Guest Crymson

No. I am not happy.

Cleary isn't re-signed, and Brunner's contract demands are unknown.

Cleary isn't re-signed, and Brunner's contract demands are unknown.

I've seen 3 years at $3-3.5m being thrown around on Brunner

One source for example:

Damien Brunner pushing for $3-3.5 million per season, 2-3 year deal. Price tag too high for Red Wings.

Edited by ogreslayer

Guest DeGraa55

People keep saying Holland does a good job of managing our cap hit. Has anyone seen the deals of cola, Sammy, Bert, or in 6 years with kronwall, franzen and z contracts. And now he wants to shed cap to sign cleary for three years.....THREE ******* YEARS PEOPLE. Every off season I hope he pills his head out of his ass.....and I'm still waiting

Guest DeGraa55

I've seen 3 years at $3-3.5m being thrown around on Brunner

One source for example:

Helene St. James@HeleneStJames3h

Damien Brunner pushing for $3-3.5 million per season, 2-3 year deal. Price tag too high for Red Wings.

Holland needs to retire. 3m for 3 years is too much for Brunner. Bit for clearynits good enough. That says everything about these last few off season.s

Guest Crymson

People keep saying Holland does a good job of managing our cap hit. Has anyone seen the deals of cola, Sammy, Bert, or in 6 years with kronwall, franzen and z contracts. And now he wants to shed cap to sign cleary for three years.....THREEf****** YEARS PEOPLE. Every off season I hope he pills his head out of his ass.....and I'm still waiting

Oh, yes, you've had such a tough time watching the most successful team of the past 20 years.

Guest DeGraa55

Oh, yes, you've had such a tough time watching the most successful team of the past 20 years.

The way were going we won't won a cup in the next five years. Soon i might be able to say ten.

People keep saying Holland does a good job of managing our cap hit. Has anyone seen the deals of cola, Sammy, Bert, or in 6 years with kronwall, franzen and z contracts. And now he wants to shed cap to sign cleary for three years.....THREEf****** YEARS PEOPLE. Every off season I hope he pills his head out of his ass.....and I'm still waiting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4nKJYV3UKs

your depressing comments (life) needs some humor

The Zetterberg contract was actually pretty good. Z is probly one of the best shut down forwards in the NHL and hes a great playmaker. He can do it all and he has a cap hit of what 6.1 million per season for the rest of his contract? Look at Datsyuks: He's the best player in NHL and his cap hit is 6.7 million. Compare that to players like Getzlaf with a cap hit of 8.3 million for the next 8 years. So yes Holland does do a good job of managing the cap hit. He's got the best duo in the NHL (better than the Sedins if you consider backchecking and forechecking) and he managed to pay them far less than most high end forwards in the league.

Franzens a high 20 goal scorer (28ish) and his cap hit is 4 million. I don't care if Franzens lazy, he puts up 27 or 28 goals per season and has a low cap hit. These are steals in my opinion.

Edited by kickazz

Guest Crymson

The way were going we won't won a cup in the next five years. Soon i might be able to say ten.

Gee, it must be so hard to watch a team that makes the playoffs every single year and most often has a chance at winning it all. So hard. Perhaps you should ask fans of the Maple Leafs, Islanders, Blue Jackets, Stars, Flames, Oilers, Hurricanes, Lightning, Panthers, or Sabres how they'd feel in your place.

Guest DeGraa55

The Zetterberg contract was actually pretty good. Z is probly one of the best shut down forwards in the NHL and hes a great playmaker. He can do it all and he has a cap hit of what 6.1 million per season for the rest of his contract? Look at Datsyuks: He's the best player in NHL and his cap hit is 6.7 million. Compare that to players like Getzlaf with a cap hit of 8.3 million for the next 8 years. So yes Holland does do a good job of managing the cap hit. He's got the best duo in the NHL (better than the Sedins if you consider backchecking and forechecking) and he managed to pay them far less than most high end forwards in the league.

Franzens a high 20 goal scorer (28ish) and his cap hit is 4 million. I don't care if Franzens lazy, he puts up 27 or 28 goals per season and has a low cap hit. These are steals in my opinion.

See I'm not saying they're bad players(well franzen I am). So don't make that mistake again. Its just that signing guys to 10 years deals ya its good in the short term but long term? No. Not one of those three will be worth the money at the end. And if they retire before contract is up it cripples us. Z is three years younger than dat(or two too lazy to look) but he is declining at a faster rate.

See I'm not saying they're bad players(well franzen I am). So don't make that mistake again. Its just that signing guys to 10 years deals ya its good in the short term but long term? No. Not one of those three will be worth the money at the end. And if they retire before contract is up it cripples us. Z is three years younger than dat(or two too lazy to look) but he is declining at a faster rate.

I didnt say you thought the players were bad. You were talkin about how Holland signs these guys too long and mentioned Z and Franzens contract. I was pointing out that Zetts contract is not bad, it was good. Here's why: Zetterberg's salary lowers every year, meaning his contract was front loaded - which means he got paid big for the first few years of his contract and eventually in 2018 his salary will drop to 3 million followed by 1 million for the next two years. That's a smart move in my opinion since he got paid big early during his "prime" and his value drops as he ages.

Also, I don't agree with the idea that Zetterberg is "declining" at a faster rate than Datsyuk. If you look at their numbers, both have had about the same point total decline since 2010 season. Part of it has to do with the fact that they've been split up and our teams roster has shedded since 2010. And this season both had 48 and 47 points respectively in 47 and 46 games played. So in my opinion, their point production is at about the same rate of decline.

Datsyuks two years older btw.

I'm happy. I would have been happier if we could have kept Brunner, but the guy is a fool for leaving for money. Sign a 2 year deal with us for 2.5 milion, play your ass off, prove yourself, and then cash in (all under 30 years old, too).

Now if we are going to sign Cleary, please let it be for 2 years, not 3. I honestly would rather see us give the kids a chance, but I understand that Cleary brings a lot of leadership and competitive edge that is beneficial for the kids to feed off of. Also, he is a Babcock favorite because he competes.

This offseason was PERFECT. Next years crop is fantastic...Perfect set up for next year. (Bert, Sammy, Alfie, Quincey off books)

This team will contend for the East.

No travel for our "aging" stars = healthier, faster team.

We're going to be a problem for most teams in the east

Which big ufa guy actually won't re-sign with his team? I ad high hopes for Pietrangelo but sice Kenny like Burke hats offer sheets Wings won't even think about it...

So far nothing has changed compared to yesterday if Brunner walks good luck replacing him

Edited by frankgrimes

Guest The Axe

Agree with everything, except the best duo parr.