• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest DeGraa55

is anyone happy right now?

Rate this topic

I'll be happy if we can somehow trade Sammy to another team for a broken stick. Not sure how I feel about Alfie coming in being 40 years old. I was hoping we could get someone much younger who we could use for more than a year, but hey who knows he could be a good pick up.

every Ottawa insider hates Detroit now. Calling their team a upcoming champion basicially and calling Detroit for the 12th year in a row...old

They seem to blank out the fact it was the Sens captain who choose to come here, so what does that really say about how respected your organization is. Alfy wanted to finish his career with some fellow swedes and now that Ottawa is mad and has a reason to prove him wrong, i think our swedes have something to prove too...to providing him a cup hes never had.

every Ottawa insider hates Detroit now. Calling their team a upcoming champion basicially and calling Detroit for the 12th year in a row...old

They seem to blank out the fact it was the Sens captain who choose to come here, so what does that really say about how respected your organization is. Alfy wanted to finish his career with some fellow swedes and now that Ottawa is mad and has a reason to prove him wrong, i think our swedes have something to prove too...to providing him a cup hes never had.

Didn't think about this, but aren't we division rivals now? Would make this move a little more controversial.

See I'm not saying they're bad players(well franzen I am). So don't make that mistake again. Its just that signing guys to 10 years deals ya its good in the short term but long term? No. Not one of those three will be worth the money at the end. And if they retire before contract is up it cripples us. Z is three years younger than dat(or two too lazy to look) but he is declining at a faster rate.

Yet you wanted lecavalier (a player that is worse now than Zetterberg will be at 35) for 5 years

I'm on the fence as of now. Don't really like the Alfie signing.

Weiss signing I'm ok with.

Brunner looks like he is gone. I'm pissed

IF Cleary resigns with us I'm going to be more pissed off.

Pretty interesting middle of summer so far....

Signing Weiss is great, especially for less money than Fil.

Signing Alfie is spectacular, don't know how anyone can be disapppointed by that. A guy desperate to win a cup who can still play, who will inspire everyone on the team.

If we lose Brunner and re-sign Cleary I'll be less impressed, but if we re-sign Brunner and let Cleary go it'll be a perfect off-season.

Guest DeGraa55

Yet you wanted lecavalier (a player that is worse now than Zetterberg will be at 35) for 5 years

He was always a worse overall player than z wow. I can't believe you just posted that lol. Kids these days.

Difference is he brings an element we need where Weiss doesn't. And he will be just fine. He will actually be the best overall deal signed out of this weak class of free agents. Looking at the guys making 4m or more. He was the best deal I think.

Signing Weiss is great, especially for less money than Fil.

Signing Alfie is spectacular, don't know how anyone can be disapppointed by that. A guy desperate to win a cup who can still play, who will inspire everyone on the team.

If we lose Brunner and re-sign Cleary I'll be less impressed, but if we re-sign Brunner and let Cleary go it'll be a perfect off-season.

Agreed. Minus the Samuelsson nonsense.

We replaced a 2nd line euro for a Canadian. That alone has brought the Redwings more desire for a cup then last year. Not saying euros don't dream of the cup but every Canadian hockey player dreams of it daily.

I didnt say you thought the players were bad. You were talkin about how Holland signs these guys too long and mentioned Z and Franzens contract. I was pointing out that Zetts contract is not bad, it was good. Here's why: Zetterberg's salary lowers every year, meaning his contract was front loaded - which means he got paid big for the first few years of his contract and eventually in 2018 his salary will drop to 3 million followed by 1 million for the next two years. That's a smart move in my opinion since he got paid big early during his "prime" and his value drops as he ages.

Also, I don't agree with the idea that Zetterberg is "declining" at a faster rate than Datsyuk. If you look at their numbers, both have had about the same point total decline since 2010 season. Part of it has to do with the fact that they've been split up and our teams roster has shedded since 2010. And this season both had 48 and 47 points respectively in 47 and 46 games played. So in my opinion, their point production is at about the same rate of decline.

Datsyuks two years older btw.

It doesn't matter about when the money is paid. What matters is the cap hit. Z'ds cap hit is 6 million per year. be it the first year or last year of his deal. if he walks away, the cap hit could go up! So even in his last year, while making 1 million, the cap hit is 6 million. That is the part that matters. same is true with franzen and Kronwall. All are signed until they are 40 ish, and all have big cap hits.

See I'm not saying they're bad players(well franzen I am). So don't make that mistake again. Its just that signing guys to 10 years deals ya its good in the short term but long term? No. Not one of those three will be worth the money at the end. And if they retire before contract is up it cripples us. Z is three years younger than dat(or two too lazy to look) but he is declining at a faster rate.

Z is the epitome of what an NHL captain should be. He is worth every cent of his contract and will be of great value every year for numerous reasons.

This season alone he nearly singlehandedly willed the Wings into the playoffs. He said that the playoff streak wouldn't end under his watch and it didn't. I trust him going forward too.

Furthermore, the Wings applauded the crowd after every home game. Nice touch. Many players also went out of their way to thank FSD after the Anaheim series for their broadcasts this past season. Another nice gesture.

Why did the team behave this way? Because of Z's leadership. For years he has proven to be a highly skilled, two way player who gives his all every game. After this season, he has also demonstrated himself to be a classy captain. I, for one, am glad the Wings will have this amazing player on the team for the duration of his contract. He's an All-Star and a great ambassador for the organization.

This offseason is something of a bad joke. We sign a soon to be 41 year old. Over his last 4 full seasons, not including this year, Alfie has averaged 70 games and 20 goals. His injuries have gone up and hid production has gone down. Which is to be expected.

Weiss may be an ok deal. If Cleary comes back, the joke turns into a nightmare. Where are the young guys going to play? if they are not going to play, then why do we have them on the team? Why didn't we move them? If we are going to play them, then why are we signing old guys to multi year contracts and tying up the money? As of today we don't have enough cap left to resign our RFA's. Smith, Nyquist, and Andersson need to be resigned. With what cap?

Just not sure what the game plan is here. Yes there are a couple of months before camp, so I hope it becomes clearer soon.

Z is the epitome of what an NHL captain should be. He is worth every cent of his contract and will be of great value every year for numerous reasons.

This season alone he nearly singlehandedly willed the Wings into the playoffs. He said that the playoff streak wouldn't end under his watch and it didn't. I trust him going forward too.

Furthermore, the Wings applauded the crowd after every home game. Nice touch. Many players also went out of their way to thank FSD after the Anaheim series for their broadcasts this past season. Another nice gesture.

Why did the team behave this way? Because of Z's leadership. For years he has proven to be a highly skilled, two way player who gives his all every game. After this season, he has also demonstrated himself to be a classy captain. I, for one, am glad the Wings will have this amazing player on the team for the duration of his contract. He's an All-Star and a great ambassador for the organization.

That is not new. It was also done by many team across the NHL to try and make up for the lock out. Z is a very good player and yes a good leader. But and this is the unknown, how will you feel if he is retired and we are still taking a 6 million per season cap hit for a couple years? BTW I fully understand this isn't his fault. He didn't write the contract-Holland did. Z, Franzen and Kronwall just signed the contracts.

100 % agree. Put it this way, David ******* Clarkson makes 500k less than Zetterberg.

We replaced a 2nd line euro for a Canadian. That alone has brought the Redwings more desire for a cup then last year. Not saying euros don't dream of the cup but every Canadian hockey player dreams of it daily.

So? It isn't about dreams. It is about talent and more important: production.

100 % agree. Put it this way, Davidf****** Clarkson makes 500k less than Zetterberg.

scores more goals too!

He was always a worse overall player than z wow. I can't believe you just posted that lol. Kids these days.

I said lecavalier is worse NOW than Zetterberg will be IN 3 YEARS.

I wouldn't be surprised if Zetterberg at 40 turns out to be better than lecavalier now... You were complaining about the ling contract for Z, yet you want to sign a player that's going to be like bertuzzi in 5 years.

But you're right, the world is ending. You might as well jump ship now. I heard the Columbus bandwagon is the hot spot right now

Guest DeGraa55

I said lecavalier is worse NOW than Zetterberg will be IN 3 YEARS.

I wouldn't be surprised if Zetterberg at 40 turns out to be better than lecavalier now... You were complaining about the ling contract for Z, yet you want to sign a player that's going to be like bertuzzi in 5 years.

But you're right, the world is ending. You might as well jump ship now. I heard the Columbus bandwagon is the hot spot right now

Lol z the decling z at 40 better than Vinny now? HHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH

Holy s*** b@ll$ there are far too many crying posters on here. We replaced a soft player in pass first Filppula for a more hard nosed equally talented (I say more) centremen in Weiss. It's not charity, if Detroit was given everything they wanted then it wouldn't be much of a competitive league you fairies. I live in Calgary and the bloody flame fans are more optimistic then us about their cup chances.

You cannot judge Alfredsson by his points last season... Alfredsson on a line with Zetterberg and Datsyuk is just sick, period! Now throw Weiss (way better 2nd line center than Filppula) on the 2nd unit with Franzen and Tatar. The combos are numerous... Imagine a line of Franzen - Zetterberg - Alfredsson...nice! (and I hate Franzen.) Then how about Datsyuk - Weiss - Bertuzzi (if healthy.)

The only thing that concerns me is who becomes a victim of too many forwards and not enough salary. We still need to sign Nyquist, Andersson and Smith. There is only about $2.3M left in the pot. It is still rumored that Wings want to re-sign Cleary or sign Morrow. Some salary has to go...trade? waive? LTIR?

No doubt Wings are a better team today than they were when they lost game 7.

Guest DeGraa55

Holy s*** b@ll$ there are far too many crying posters on here. We replaced a soft player in pass first Filppula for a more hard nosed equally talented (I say more) centremen in Weiss. It's not charity, if Detroit was given everything they wanted then it wouldn't be much of a competitive league you fairies. I live in Calgary and the bloody flame fans are more optimistic then us about their cup chances.

Some people are realist....and then there is flame fans.

You cannot judge Alfredsson by his points last season... Alfredsson on a line with Zetterberg and Datsyuk is just sick, period! Now throw Weiss (way better 2nd line center than Filppula) on the 2nd unit with Franzen and Tatar. The combos are numerous... Imagine a line of Franzen - Zetterberg - Alfredsson...nice! (and I hate Franzen.) Then how about Datsyuk - Weiss - Bertuzzi (if healthy.)

The only thing that concerns me is who becomes a victim of too many forwards and not enough salary. We still need to sign Nyquist, Andersson and Smith. There is only about $2.3M left in the pot. It is still rumored that Wings want to re-sign Cleary or sign Morrow. Some salary has to go...trade? waive? LTIR?

No doubt Wings are a better team today than they were when they lost game 7.

I believe were over the cap ATM without smith Nyquist and Anderson signed. According to capgeek...understand my frustrations now?

I believe were over the cap ATM without smith Nyquist and Anderson signed. According to capgeek...understand my frustrations now?

Actually, no.

It's abundantly clear that you're not going to be happy with anything this team does.

Why don't you just tell us what you'd have done this off-season ... in detail. Then we can all have some fun cutting up your idea like a pile of paper dolls.

Have at it big fella.

Realists...good one

maybe with us being over the cap Kenny disposes some of the players you so dearly hate. You don't gotta be a flame fan to be optimistic (eh)

Lol z the decling z at 40 better than Vinny now? HHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH

Vinny plays a style that causes a decline. He's already declining in fact. Zetterberg doesn't. Get it?

You say "kids these days" and then you post condescending laughter? Do I need to ask your age?

Realists...good one

maybe with us being over the cap Kenny disposes some of the players you so dearly hate. You don't gotta be a flame fan to be optimistic (eh)

Considering we have an illegal amount of roster players, i think its safe to say there will be some trades, and there will be cap space that opens up. So I agree with you.

So? It isn't about dreams. It is about talent and more important: production.

scores more goals too!

he has only scored more goals that Zetterberg in 2 seasons and in those 2 seasons he has scored only 12 more goals than Zetterberg