• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest DeGraa55

is anyone happy right now?

Rate this topic

Guest DeGraa55

No this isn't an overreaction thread. I'm just wondering what is everyone's thoughts right now?

Let's look at our team. We lose fil and Brunner which are negatives. Lose cleary and cola which are positive.

Gain Alfie and Weiss. So as of right now we are a worse team from last year.

Then to top it all off we could of had a much better player in fil for 5m or Vinny for 4.5m but we got stuck with Weiss for just over 4m?

Then the best part is bobby Ryan got traded for almost nothing. Nyquist, a 1st, and what any other younger prospect not named mantha, Sproul, oullet, mrazek and it would've been a done deal. Youre talking a no brainer of a deal. Ana gave him him for almost nothing they could be got so much more.

So I ask unless there's a more trades or signings(cleary makes us worse) what are everyone's reactions and thoughts right now.

Mine is I'm quite mad. Holland continues to let us down. And THE ONLY wah I see us making the playoffs is we need DAT z kronwall ericsson and Howard to play like like they did this year. As well as guys like Nyquist Anderson Tatar smith and dekeyser need to play major roles as well.

Edited by DeGraa55

How do you figure Detroit has lost Sammuelsson?

I'm happy with where things stand. I wasn't crazy about the Alfredsson signing, but if he's a replacement for Cleary then I'm all for it. I'm very happy about the Weiss signing as he was my free agent target out of the gate. Obviously, some other things will need to fall into place as Detroit - for all intents and purposes - has 16 forwards.

Interesting days ahead, I imagine.

Weiss is better and cheaper than Fil.

If Alfie replaces Cleary, upgrade!

If Alfie Replaces Abby who replaces Cleary Upgrade.

Tatar = Brunner (IMO, will eventually be better).

IMO, the Wings are better than they were at the beginning of game 7 against CHI!

And the D will be better, Dekeyser will be here all year, top 4 is going to be good for a few years now.

Kronner will lead this D (captain it not necessarily scoring, though he probably will lead scoring wise too!)

Edited by Opie

Weiss is better and cheaper than Fil.

If Alfie replaces Cleary, upgrade!

If Alfie Replaces Abby who replaces Cleary Upgrade.

Tatar = Brunner (IMO, will eventually be better).

IMO, the Wings are better than they were at the beginning of game 7 against CHI!

Pretty much this, I'm very happy by the start of the free agency period and I expect a trade or two to be made by Holland before it is all said and done.

No this isn't an overreaction thread. I'm just wondering what is everyone's thoughts right now?

Let's look at our team. We lose fil and Brunner which are negatives. Lose cleary and Sammy which are positive.

Then to top it all off we could of had a much better player in fil for 5m or Vinny for 4.5m but we got stuck with Weiss for just over 4m?

Then the best part is bobby Ryan got traded for almost nothing. Nyquist, a 1st, and what any other younger prospect not named mantha, Sproul, oullet, mrazek and it would've been a done deal. Youre talking a no brainer of a deal. Ana gave him him for almost nothing they could be got so much more.

So I ask unless there's a more trades or signings(cleary makes us worse) what are everyone's reactions and thoughts right now.

Mine is I'm quite mad. Holland continues to let us down. And THE ONLY wah I see us making the playoffs is we need DAT z kronwall ericsson and Howard to play like like they did this year. As well as guys like Nyquist Anderson Tatar smith and dekeyser need to play major roles as well.

Losing Fil is a negative? He's more than had his chance to prove himself as a legit center in this league and he's coming off arguably his worst year ever. It was painful...he floated around the ice, afraid to shoot, afraid to go to the net..fresh meat down the middle. I like Brunner, it's hard to give up goal scoring but it was brutally obvious that this guy was a 1 dimensional player..he's terrible defensively and management knows they have guys with similar goal scoring ability in the system ( Gus and Tatar) Alfie is a low risk high reward for 1 season..nothing wrong with that move at all. We are super deep up front and have lots of pieces to trade.

Let's look at our team. We lose fil and Brunner which are negatives. Lose cleary and Sammy which are positive.

I'm not 100% thrilled or 100% pissed. Everything isn't over and done with yet, though. So, we'll see when the dust settles. However, the above post is simply ridiculous pretty much all around..... and CLEARLY belongs in the overreaction thread.

Guest DeGraa55

We are better than we were last year. Alfredsson and Weiss are better than Filppula and Cleary.

You forgot Brunner and no.

Fil>Weiss

Cleary and Brunner>Alfie.

This is ridiculous. THere is NO DOUBT that the Wings will be icing a better team this season with the moves Kenny has made today. He has given Babs many different options, which is what successful teams need. Even the guys on tsn think the Wings have made moves to put them into the favorites category along with a couple other teams. Quit acting like spoiled brats.

I want to see Helm & Dekeyser play a full season. Those two will be huge additions we didn't have in the playoffs. I don't mind the additions we made today. I think we all agree Weiss is better than Fil. I don't know why but I can care less about Fil leaving. And add our young guys in the mix and of course Howard you cannot say we're not a better team. I'm actually really excited.

I think I'm satisfied. I was up in arms at first with Alfredsson but then realizing that Cleary is gone it's not so bad. Weiss is better than Fil statistically, and we have a group of young guys moving up. Samuelsson will likely be traded or waived before the season starts I would expect.

I think were miles better. I would have loved bobby Ryan, but Ottawa gave up a ton for him. Silverberg is likely going to be better than every one of our prospects, and he may end up being better than Ryan as well

We are better than we were last year. Alfredsson and Weiss are better than Filppula and Cleary.

Yep...and as much as everyone thinks otherwise, Tatar could be better than Brunner this year. And he's younger, cheaper, with more potential. Offseason win for the Wings.

I think were miles better. I would have loved bobby Ryan, but Ottawa gave up a ton for him. Silverberg is likely going to be better than every one of our prospects, and he may end up being better than Ryan as well[/quotel]

Right. Whoever said Silfverberg is "next to nothing" doesn't follow hockey close enough. Noesen isn't a chump in his own right. That first round pick could easily be 15-20 too.

I'm just happy that nobody can use the "Kenny did nothing with this roster over the offseason" argument for another year

Seriously though, I think we are better than we were last year. And it hard to get a feel for how good they can be considering they are now in the east.