The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,160 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:31 PM

Weiss > Filppula

Alfredsson > Cleary

Tatar = Brunner

Helm > No Helm

Meh.  I'd take Lecavalier over Weiss, even if Weiss is better than Flip.

Tatar and Brunner were both Wings last year.  If not for idiotic coaching and GM work, Tatar would have been a regular in the playoffs, instead of being unable to get called up.  If we don't resign Brunner, that's a big loss.  We lack right handed shots in the long haul (Alfie isn't the long haul).  Sucks if we can't have both Tatar and Brunner.    

Helm is a big addition, providing, he can stay healthy.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#203 whitey

whitey

Jr. Prospect

• 29 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:42 PM

Meh.  I'd take Lecavalier over Weiss, even if Weiss is better than Flip.

Tatar and Brunner were both Wings last year.  If not for idiotic coaching and GM work, Tatar would have been a regular in the playoffs, instead of being unable to get called up.  If we don't resign Brunner, that's a big loss.  We lack right handed shots in the long haul (Alfie isn't the long haul).  Sucks if we can't have both Tatar and Brunner.    

Helm is a big addition, providing, he can stay healthy.  

I don't disagree on Vinny, but the reason he is not here is the term of the contract.  Vinny is already in visible decline; he is a candidate for post 35 rapid decline, IMO.  And, the Flyers will be stuck with that contact for three years in which the probability of Vinny being a shell of even what he is now is fairly high.

When Vinny and his agent insisted on a 5 year term, I knew we were not going to be in it and am happy about it.

#204 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:22 PM

Not gonna lie, it feels pretty f***in weird that Alfie's on the team. Not sure if I'm happy about that or not though.

Edited by dropkickshanahans, 06 July 2013 - 01:23 PM.

#205 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:54 PM

Great day yesterday for holland but the moment he trades eaves or tootoo to make room for Cleary signing a 2.75 million a year, 3 year deal and let's Brunner walk this offseason becomes a major fail. I don't get what his fascination with cleary is. Does Cleary do his taxes or something?!

#206 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

No. I am not happy.

We resigned a useless piece in Cleary and get rid of a young talent in Brunner because of a $500,000 difference. We sign a 40 year old guy for 5.5 million because our team lacks... what? Weiss I have no complaint really, just switching out Fil for scenery's sake.

What did we do this offseason  that was any different than last year? Brought back players that are old and once were's. Holding young guns back in doing so. Taking on ridiculous contracts that we shouldn't...

If we lose Tatar, Nyquist or Andersson over this idiocy I swear I may not be able to handle it.

12412215175_9591987538_o.jpg

#207 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

Well Pistons signed Josh Smith so my overall mood is pretty good.

#208 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

No. I am not happy.

We resigned a useless piece in Cleary and get rid of a young talent in Brunner because of a $500,000 difference. We sign a 40 year old guy for 5.5 million because our team lacks... what? Weiss I have no complaint really, just switching out Fil for scenery's sake.

What did we do this offseason  that was any different than last year? Brought back players that are old and once were's. Holding young guns back in doing so. Taking on ridiculous contracts that we shouldn't...

If we lose Tatar, Nyquist or Andersson over this idiocy I swear I may not be able to handle it.

Now i hope we lose em, so wing fans like you can P!$$ off. Cleary ain't resigned...Alfie is better then no Alfie, and Weiss is more hard nosed then Filps (when in doubt go canadian)

#209 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

No. I am not happy.

Cleary isn't re-signed, and Brunner's contract demands are unknown.

#210 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

Cleary isn't re-signed, and Brunner's contract demands are unknown.

I've seen 3 years at $3-3.5m being thrown around on Brunner

One source for example:

Damien Brunner pushing for $3-3.5 million per season, 2-3 year deal. Price tag too high for Red Wings.

Edited by ogreslayer, 06 July 2013 - 04:51 PM.

Money on the Board 2014: $5 per series, $5 per sweep, $5 per Kronwalling, $10 per Marchand Kronwalling, $1 per Zetterberg game, $1 per 2013 Calder Cup roster player goal

#211 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

People keep saying Holland does a good job of managing our cap hit. Has anyone seen the deals of cola, Sammy, Bert, or in 6 years with kronwall, franzen and z contracts. And now he wants to shed cap to sign cleary for three years.....THREEf****** YEARS PEOPLE. Every off season I hope he pills his head out of his ass.....and I'm still waiting

#212 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

One source for example:

Damien Brunner pushing for $3-3.5 million per season, 2-3 year deal. Price tag too high for Red Wings.

Well, he's worth that more than Cleary is.

#213 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

One source for example:

Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames3h

Holland needs to retire. 3m for 3 years is too much for Brunner. Bit for clearynits good enough. That says everything about these last few off season.s

#214 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:59 PM

People keep saying Holland does a good job of managing our cap hit. Has anyone seen the deals of cola, Sammy, Bert, or in 6 years with kronwall, franzen and z contracts. And now he wants to shed cap to sign cleary for three years.....THREEf****** YEARS PEOPLE. Every off season I hope he pills his head out of his ass.....and I'm still waiting

Oh, yes, you've had such a tough time watching the most successful team of the past 20 years.

#215 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

Oh, yes, you've had such a tough time watching the most successful team of the past 20 years.

The way were going we won't won a cup in the next five years. Soon i might be able to say ten.

#216 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:03 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=H4nKJYV3UKs

your depressing comments (life) needs some humor

#217 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=H4nKJYV3UKs
your depressing comments (life) needs some humor

Actually I've been laughing at lot. Have you seen the moves we've done....its comical.

#218 kickazz

kickazz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

The Zetterberg contract was actually pretty good. Z is probly one of the best shut down forwards in the NHL and hes a great playmaker. He can do it all and he has a cap hit of what 6.1 million per season for the rest of his contract? Look at Datsyuks: He's the best player in NHL and his cap hit is 6.7 million. Compare that to players like Getzlaf with a cap hit of 8.3 million for the next 8 years. So yes Holland does do a good job of managing the cap hit. He's got the best duo in the NHL (better than the Sedins if you consider backchecking and forechecking) and he managed to pay them far less than most high end forwards in the league. 

Franzens a high 20 goal scorer (28ish) and his cap hit is 4 million. I don't care if Franzens lazy, he puts up 27 or 28 goals per season and has a low cap hit. These are steals in my opinion. 

Edited by kickazz, 06 July 2013 - 05:16 PM.

#219 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

Actually I've been laughing at lot. Have you seen the moves we've done....its comical.

cheer for the flames then

#220 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:16 PM

The way were going we won't won a cup in the next five years. Soon i might be able to say ten.

Gee, it must be so hard to watch a team that makes the playoffs every single year and most often has a chance at winning it all. So hard. Perhaps you should ask fans of the Maple Leafs, Islanders, Blue Jackets, Stars, Flames, Oilers, Hurricanes, Lightning, Panthers, or Sabres how they'd feel in your place.