Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

not happy at all we didn't do s*** signing some nobodies

#243 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

He was always a worse overall player than z wow. I can't believe you just posted that lol. Kids these days.

I said lecavalier is worse NOW than Zetterberg will be IN 3 YEARS.
I wouldn't be surprised if Zetterberg at 40 turns out to be better than lecavalier now... You were complaining about the ling contract for Z, yet you want to sign a player that's going to be like bertuzzi in 5 years.

But you're right, the world is ending. You might as well jump ship now. I heard the Columbus bandwagon is the hot spot right now

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#244 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:19 PM

I said lecavalier is worse NOW than Zetterberg will be IN 3 YEARS.
I wouldn't be surprised if Zetterberg at 40 turns out to be better than lecavalier now... You were complaining about the ling contract for Z, yet you want to sign a player that's going to be like bertuzzi in 5 years.
But you're right, the world is ending. You might as well jump ship now. I heard the Columbus bandwagon is the hot spot right now

Lol z the decling z at 40 better than Vinny now? HHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH

#245 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:25 PM

Holy s*** b@ll$ there are far too many crying posters on here. We replaced a soft player in pass first Filppula for a more hard nosed equally talented (I say more) centremen in Weiss. It's not charity, if Detroit was given everything they wanted then it wouldn't be much of a competitive league you fairies. I live in Calgary and the bloody flame fans are more optimistic then us about their cup chances.

#246 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,626 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:29 PM

You cannot judge Alfredsson by his points last season... Alfredsson on a line with Zetterberg and Datsyuk is just sick, period!  Now throw Weiss (way better 2nd line center than Filppula) on the 2nd unit with Franzen and Tatar. The combos are numerous... Imagine a line of Franzen - Zetterberg - Alfredsson...nice! (and I hate Franzen.)  Then how about Datsyuk - Weiss - Bertuzzi (if healthy.) 

The only thing that concerns me is who becomes a victim of too many forwards and not enough salary.  We still need to sign Nyquist, Andersson and Smith.  There is only about $2.3M left in the pot.  It is still rumored that Wings want to re-sign Cleary or sign Morrow.  Some salary has to go...trade? waive?  LTIR?

No doubt Wings are a better team today than they were when they lost game 7.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#247 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:31 PM

Holy s*** b@ll$ there are far too many crying posters on here. We replaced a soft player in pass first Filppula for a more hard nosed equally talented (I say more) centremen in Weiss. It's not charity, if Detroit was given everything they wanted then it wouldn't be much of a competitive league you fairies. I live in Calgary and the bloody flame fans are more optimistic then us about their cup chances.

Some people are realist....and then there is flame fans.

You cannot judge Alfredsson by his points last season... Alfredsson on a line with Zetterberg and Datsyuk is just sick, period!  Now throw Weiss (way better 2nd line center than Filppula) on the 2nd unit with Franzen and Tatar. The combos are numerous... Imagine a line of Franzen - Zetterberg - Alfredsson...nice! (and I hate Franzen.)  Then how about Datsyuk - Weiss - Bertuzzi (if healthy.) 

The only thing that concerns me is who becomes a victim of too many forwards and not enough salary.  We still need to sign Nyquist, Andersson and Smith.  There is only about $2.3M left in the pot.  It is still rumored that Wings want to re-sign Cleary or sign Morrow.  Some salary has to go...trade? waive?  LTIR?

I believe were over the cap ATM without smith Nyquist and Anderson signed. According to capgeek...understand my frustrations now?

#248 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:42 PM

I believe were over the cap ATM without smith Nyquist and Anderson signed. According to capgeek...understand my frustrations now?

Actually, no.

It's abundantly clear that you're not going to be happy with anything this team does.

Why don't you just tell us what you'd have done this off-season ... in detail. Then we can all have some fun cutting up your idea like a pile of paper dolls.

Have at it big fella.

#249 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:42 PM

Realists...good one

maybe with us being over the cap Kenny disposes some of the players you so dearly hate. You don't gotta be a flame fan to be optimistic (eh)

#250 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:49 PM

Lol z the decling z at 40 better than Vinny now? HHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH

Vinny plays a style that causes a decline. He's already declining in fact. Zetterberg doesn't. Get it?

You say "kids these days" and then you post condescending laughter? Do I need to ask your age?

Realists...good one

maybe with us being over the cap Kenny disposes some of the players you so dearly hate. You don't gotta be a flame fan to be optimistic (eh)

Considering we have an illegal amount of roster players, i think its safe to say there will be some trades, and there will be cap space that opens up. So I agree with you.

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#251 heikks86

heikks86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:54 PM

So? It isn't about dreams. It is about talent and more important: production.

scores more goals too!

he has only scored more goals that Zetterberg in 2 seasons and in those 2 seasons he has scored only 12 more goals than Zetterberg

#252 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:24 PM

Just a reminder to everyone re: the salary cap.  Teams may exceed the cap by 10% during the off season so really Kenny has another $6.4m (edit: on top of that $2.3m just to be clear) he can play with until the end of pre-season.  There's really no danger of not getting the team's RFA's taken care of.  The bigger issue is to see who among the bubble players actually plays their way onto the team in camp/pre-season and who plays their way out of town in order for the Wings to hit the regular season as cap & roster limit compliant.

Edited by ogreslayer, 06 July 2013 - 11:24 PM.

#253 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

Actually, no.

It's abundantly clear that you're not going to be happy with anything this team does.

Why don't you just tell us what you'd have done this off-season ... in detail. Then we can all have some fun cutting up your idea like a pile of paper dolls.

Have at it big fella.

Bought out cola and since Sammy can't then franzen with MI blessing(as amyone who actually follows his team he would understand).Made the trade for bobby Ryan. And signed Vinny or if helm is going to be healthy not sign a center. Would of brought back Brunner for 3m.

Its really not rocket science at all....it just makes too much sense.

Edited by DeGraa55, 06 July 2013 - 11:34 PM.

#254 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:36 PM

Bought cola and since Sammy can't then franzen. Made the trade for bobby Ryan. And signed Vinny or if helm is going to be healthy not sign a center. Would of brought back Brunner for 3m.

Its really not rocket science at all....it just makes too much sense.

I agree about brunner. I wouldn't make the bobby Ryan trade if we would have to overpay as much as Ottawa did.

-Buppy

#255 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

Given up what for Bobby Ryan? So much for "detail".

If you don't sign Lecavalier, who you've said is the best FA deal thus far, and Helm is healthy, who's the #2 center?

#256 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:42 PM

Given up what for Bobby Ryan? So much for "detail".

If you don't sign Lecavalier, who you've said is the best FA deal thus far, and Helm is healthy, who's the #2 center?

Z and I'd try to get a different top winger to go with z. And if MI said don't buyout franzen then I think Quincey would of been my next choice.

And details ummm based on what Ottawa gave up Nyquist or tatar, a first, and idk who is equal to the second prospect.

#257 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:52 PM

Z and I'd try to get a different top winger to go with z. And if MI said don't buyout franzen then I think Quincey would of been my next choice.

And details ummm based on what Ottawa gave up Nyquist or tatar, a first, and idk who is equal to the second prospect.

You have no desire to see what Zetterberg and Datsyuk can do together over an entire year? I know I do.

I would not buyout Quincey ... he played very well in the playoffs and is off the books after this season. His money will go to resigning Dekeyser.

You like Nyquist and Tatar, enough that you want them in the top six, but are willing to trade one in a deal for Ryan? I would have sold high on Tatar, I'll give you that ... but I don't want Nyquist in that deal.

#258 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:56 PM

You have no desire to see what Zetterberg and Datsyuk can do together over an entire year? I know I do.

I would not buyout Quincey ... he played very well in the playoffs and is off the books after this season. His money will go to resigning Dekeyser.

You like Nyquist and Tatar, enough that you want them in the top six, but are willing to trade one in a deal for Ryan? I would have sold high on Tatar, I'll give you that ... but I don't want Nyquist in that deal.

Well its hard to type it all. And i like Quincey but it'd only be if I needed the cap room. So it may not be needed.

And I wouldn't want them in the top 6. The one that's not traded I want on a line with Brunner and Anderson.

#259 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:56 PM

It would have likely been Tatar/Nyquist a first and Jurco. Wouldn't be surprised if it was both Nyquist and Tatar and a first. Silverberg and Noesen are both top flight prospects

#260 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:09 AM

Well its hard to type it all. And i like Quincey but it'd only be if I needed the cap room. So it may not be needed.

And I wouldn't want them in the top 6. The one that's not traded I want on a line with Brunner and Anderson.

Why is it hard to type it all. You have no problem typing all of your frustrations.

I'm not a Brunner fanboy, so I don't care about him. I'd prefer Cleary on a line with Andy and Gus. At least Cleary can help in the defensive zone and kill penalties if needed.

Brunner played in the Swiss league for quite awhile. No NHL team wanted him until the Wings came calling. IMO, he's already had the best season he will ever have in the NHL. He's not made for this league, barring adding some major bulk.

It's Andersson, btw ... I think if you can spell players names, it adds to your credibility.

Thanks for calming down.