Abdelkader-Weiss-Alfredsson
Nyquist-Andersson-Brunner
Miller-Helm-Bertuzzi
Emmerton-Tootoo

Ericsson-Kronwall
Quincy-Kindl
Dekeyser-Smith
Lashoff

I just want them to find a way to keep Brunner.  His game is already on par with Samuelsson and his upside is a LOT higher.  The Red Wings should file a grievance against Samuelsson in regards to his "injury" that won't allow them to use a buyout.

Edited by _SP_, 06 July 2013 - 12:56 PM.

#42 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:30 PM

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Franzen
Miller-Helm-Bertuzzi
Emmerton-Tootoo

Ericsson-Kronwall
Quincy-Kindl
Dekeyser-Smith
Lashoff

Assuming they keep Tatar on the top line in Grand Rapids... I'd rather see him get top minutes there and solidify is game than to play third-line minutes in Detroit...  I just want them to find a way to keep Brunner.  His game is already on par with Samuelsson and his upside is a LOT higher.  The Red Wings should file a grievance against Samuelsson in regards to his "injury" that won't allow them to use a buyout.

Tatar is out of options, hes either in Detroit or he is gone.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#43 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:30 PM

We add age and our division rivals add Ryan and Clarkson. For the same price as Alfie!

#44 Shaman

Shaman

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

We add age and our division rivals add Ryan and Clarkson. For the same price as Alfie!

Clarkson is a third line player who has one season of 40+pts. Ryan didn't give Detroit any problems in the playoffs and is now on a weaker offensive team.

Im Wasser verbrannt

#45 _SP_

_SP_

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

Tatar is out of options, hes either in Detroit or he is gone.

Are you sure? I thought he had one more year??

#46 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,609 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

Let's compare Weiss to what we couldve got.

Weiss 24.5m 5 years. What's are better deals? Vinny, clarkson, fil, and even clowe may be a better deal considering we could of used his size.

All signing Weiss tells me is helm will be on litr all year. We didn't need a bottom 6 center we needed a top 6 winger. It says a lot when your second line of franzen Weiss and alfie and Alfie is the best on that line....

I am done here today, this comment takes the cake ...4 concussions in 13 months and 3 goals last year.  

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#47 _SP_

_SP_

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

Same price??? Did you NOT see what Ottawa gave up for Ryan??  As far as Clarkson goes... 5-year deal is a LOT more than the "same price" as a 1-year deal.

#48 Shaman

Shaman

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

100% positive.

Im Wasser verbrannt

#49 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:35 PM

I think nyquist has another year maybe... not Tatar

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#50 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,002 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:35 PM

So here's the deal, I've been camping all week and have no idea what lead up to all this.  Why no Sammy buyout?  Since when were the Wings interested in Alfie and why?  Has Brunner signed somewhere else or is he just taking his time?  What's the news on the RFAs?  Why aren't they signed?

All I know is that we've got 2 goalies, 7 defensemen, and 42,000 forwards.  Something's got to give right?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#51 MileHighWingsGuy

MileHighWingsGuy

Rookie

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

100% positive.

Yep I think you can safely pencil in Tatar in the place of Brunner in that lineup of yours.

RedWing fan behind enemy lines

#52 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

god i hope helm is back next year he's the  best addition ...he's missed bigtime

#53 _SP_

_SP_

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

I think nyquist has another year maybe... not Tatar

Thanks for the correction.  With the friendship Tatar and Brunner have, it'd be fun to see them on a line with Andersson

Edit: I think you're wrong too.  "regarding both the out-of-waiver-options players that are Gustav Nyquist, Joakim Andersson, Tomas Tatar and Brian Lashoff, as well as Danny DeKeyser (he's been okay--hands are fine, but is understandably a step behind) and the Wings' "next wave" of prospects:"

Edited by _SP_, 05 July 2013 - 03:40 PM.

#54 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

So here's the deal, I've been camping all week and have no idea what lead up to all this.  Why no Sammy buyout?  Since when were the Wings interested in Alfie and why?  Has Brunner signed somewhere else or is he just taking his time?  What's the news on the RFAs?  Why aren't they signed?

All I know is that we've got 2 goalies, 7 defensemen, and 42,000 forwards.  Something's got to give right?

sammy said he was injured so we couldnt buy him out , we got a ton of bottom 6 forwards that gotta be gone 2-4 guys for sure

#55 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

Supposedly Sammy would claim injury if the Wings try to buy him out.

Not sure about Alfie and really not sure why the Wings didn't try to keep Brunner on this team.

#56 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

Same price??? Did you NOT see what Ottawa gave up for Ryan??  As far as Clarkson goes... 5-year deal is a LOT more than the "same price" as a 1-year deal.

Over the next 5 years Clarkson will score 125+ goals for the ML and be a pain in our side the hole damn time. Mean while we have nothing. Ryan will be doing the same damn thing for the Sens. 60+ goals for them over the next 2 years. between the 2 of them they have 10.5 million or so in cap hits. same amount as Alfie and Weiss.

#57 Shaman

Shaman

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

Over the next 5 years Clarkson will score 125+ goals for the ML and be a pain in our side the hole damn time. Mean while we have nothing. Ryan will be doing the same damn thing for the Sens. 60+ goals for them over the next 2 years. between the 2 of them they have 10.5 million or so in cap hits. same amount as Alfie and Weiss.

Clarkson will score 90 goals for the ML. Ryan will be soft as hell and disappear for big games. And Detroit will have a glut of young players on entry level and second contracts giving them a lot of room to make moves in the near future.

Im Wasser verbrannt

#58 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

Brunner could still sign here. Either way, Tatar is as good and could be better than Brunner.

Yes, and that's why Tatar should be on the 2nd line with Mule and Weiss.  Have Andersson on the 4th line with Abdelkader and Miller and have our 3rd line as Brunner-Helm-Nyquist.  Our 1st line being Alfie-Dats-Z  :wub:  THAT MAKES ME SO HAPPY!!!!  Then trade the other guys that don't fit in the top 13 and keep Tuzzi as our 13th forward.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Franzen
Miller-Helm-Bertuzzi
Emmerton-Tootoo

Ericsson-Kronwall
Quincy-Kindl
Dekeyser-Smith
Lashoff

Assuming they keep Tatar on the top line in Grand Rapids... I'd rather see him get top minutes there and solidify is game than to play third-line minutes in Detroit...  I just want them to find a way to keep Brunner.  His game is already on par with Samuelsson and his upside is a LOT higher.  The Red Wings should file a grievance against Samuelsson in regards to his "injury" that won't allow them to use a buyout.

I thought Tatar wasn't eligible to go back this year without clearing waivers??  He should be on the Wings anyways.  16 goals in the playoffs and the MVP.....= paid his dues yo!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#59 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

Clarkson will score 90 goals for the ML. Ryan will be soft as hell and disappear for big games. And Detroit will have a glut of young players on entry level and second contracts giving them a lot of room to make moves in the near future.

Because we do so much of that! passing on Ryan for example. Nyquist and tatar will be lucky to score as many goals per season COMBINED as what Ryan does. he is a proven 30-35 goal per year guy.

Vinny LeCav to expensive. Signs with Philly for 4.5 million per year. Weiss sign with us for 4.9 million per year. over the last 4 years Vinny has produced 205 points in the regular season and Weiss produced 170. We are paying more money for LESS PRODUCTION!

Alfie-signs for 5.5 million. Clarkson signs for 5.2 million. Who is the better bet to score 30 goals in 2013/14? How about 14/15? 15/16? Again, more money for less production!

But next year we have a ton of money available. True. To spend on what? more over 35 forwards? That is our recent history. Pass on the big names-the few that make it and blow our money on nothing.

#60 Shaman

Shaman

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

Because we do so much of that! passing on Ryan for example. Nyquist and tatar will be lucky to score as many goals per season COMBINED as what Ryan does. he is a proven 30-35 goal per year guy.

Vinny LeCav to expensive. Signs with Philly for 4.5 million per year. Weiss sign with us for 4.9 million per year. over the last 4 years Vinny has produced 205 points in the regular season and Weiss produced 170. We are paying more money for LESS PRODUCTION!

Alfie-signs for 5.5 million. Clarkson signs for 5.2 million. Who is the better bet to score 30 goals in 2013/14? How about 14/15? 15/16? Again, more money for less production!

But next year we have a ton of money available. True. To spend on what? more over 35 forwards? That is our recent history. Pass on the big names-the few that make it and blow our money on nothing.

Clarkson scored 30 goals once. Cheechoo once scored 56 goals, one season doesn't prove anything. Clarkson was extremely overpaid for a guy who is a 2nd-3rd line tweener. 

Im Wasser verbrannt