• Please log in to reply
310 replies to this topic

#161 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:09 PM

andersson is no where near a 2nd center ... helm 3rd center and andersson 4th is perfect

I liked my Anderson Nyquist and Brunner(this year hopefully Tatar) line as the third. Anderson>helm. Least one is actually on the ice. But helm is only speed and he does hit. But not a good shooter or playmake....I guess he is a faster better defensively tootoo? Whereas Anderson actually has a better all around game.

#162 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:11 PM

There is just no pleasing some of you guys here. Holland changed this team for the  better and the depth couldn't be better. If you think Tartar isn't going to get a fair shot you're crazy.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#163 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:14 PM

There is just no pleasing some of you guys here. Holland changed this team for the  better and the depth couldn't be better. If you think Tartar isn't going to get a fair shot you're crazy.

right now i just see him on a 4th line and andersson nyquist just got a shot last year due to all the injuries wouldnt of surprise me if they'd be dealt now if they never played with the team last season

#164 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:14 PM

No offense, but I haven't agreed with anything you've said. Holland already said he's better. He's playing in the prospects camp. It's been reported that he'll be ready for training camp.
I came into this offseason thinking that however lands clarkson will have made the worst deal of the year, and I thin I'm right. (Funny that its the leafs that ended up making the terrible deal)
Alfredsson is perfect because he is still really good, he wants to win more than any other free agent (except maybe iginla) and he didn't require a long commitment. What more can you ask?
To me, the Weiss deal means
either emmerton or Anderson is out. Hopefully it's emmerton because I think he's pretty much expendable

See I missed the part of prospects camp....o hope I'm wrong. He is a good defensive forward....still doesn't help what needed in offense...but still is great at defense. But buts it still the feeling I've got. Backs are weird. I guess I'll believe it when I are him in a wings jersey for more than 5 games.

#165 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:17 PM

I liked my Anderson Nyquist and Brunner(this year hopefully Tatar) line as the third. Anderson>helm. Least one is actually on the ice. But helm is only speed and he does hit. But not a good shooter or playmake....I guess he is a faster better defensively tootoo? Whereas Anderson actually has a better all around game.

helm is fast as hell , hits, great 2 way , kills penalties ... prior to last year he had 11-12 and 9 goal seasons id say hes capable of getting 15-20 depending on his linemates , in my personal opinion i think hes one of the best 3rd line centers

#166 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,831 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

Just for the record, had we signed Parros today on top of these other moves, I'd have been fully content with everything Holland did, and would have written him a heartfelt personal thank you note.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#167 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:34 PM

The Weiss signing tells me helm will be on litr. Just a gut feeling ive got and thought for awhile.

There is a artical by the freepress that Helm is feeling Really good now and is ready to play
"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image

#168 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

right now i just see him on a 4th line and andersson nyquist just got a shot last year due to all the injuries wouldnt of surprise me if they'd be dealt now if they never played with the team last season

The best thing they can do is put our 5 top-6 caliber players in the top 6 and give Abby the last spot. Then do a speed line like last year (nyquist- helm- Tatar or nyquist-Anderson-Tatar). The 4th line would be whoever is left over that doesn't get traded away

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#169 PROBIE4PREZ

PROBIE4PREZ

In Holland I trust.

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:38 PM

Well some people like me want cups other want to just make the playoffs every year.

These signings don't make us cup contenders. Ryan and/or clarkson would've.

Ryan disappeared in the playoffs.... Clarkson is yet to be proven and is not worth 6 million a year. Glad he didn't over pay.

"I mean, the best thing for my knee, for anyone's knee, is to never play again and retire. But I'm not going to do that." o-captain my captain

#170 TheOwl

TheOwl

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:39 PM

Won't be happy unless Brunner comes back, he's our 4th best forward by far and only wants 2.5-3 million a season. GETTER DONE KENNY, SIGN HIM NOW, WORRY ABOUT THE CAP LATTER.

#171 redwings15

redwings15

Rookie

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:41 PM

I'm ecstatic. Holland is the best GM in all of sports. Holland doesn't overpay to sign free agents. I like both contracts.  

#172 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:53 PM

I'm ecstatic. Holland is the best GM in all of sports. Holland doesn't overpay to sign free agents. I like both contracts.  

Agreed. Alfredsson for 1 year is way better than clarkson or 7 years. Especially since its fairly likely that he won't score at the same pace for 7 years

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#173 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:59 PM

Emdog costs us 550k. Why trade him? Thats dumb. He's the best "roster player" (aka 13th/14th forward) in the league.

Holland needs to get rid of Bertuzzi/Tootoo/Sammy. Thats 7 mil in wasted money.

#174 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:11 AM

Let Cleary walk. If these rumors of Morrow are true, I'll take Morrow over Cleary every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Alfredsson
Franzen-Weiss-Nyquist
Tatar-Helm-Morrow
Miller-Andersson-Tootoo
Eaves/Bertuzzi

Forgot Abby..so many forwards..

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros, 06 July 2013 - 12:17 AM.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#175 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,671 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:15 AM

Ryan disappeared in the playoffs.... Clarkson is yet to be proven and is not worth 6 million a year. Glad he didn't over pay.

Agreed.

Don't get me wrong - I'd love to have a guy like Clarkson on the Red Wings, but not for that albatross of a contract that the Leafs gave him.

Alfie is motivated, and only under contract for 1 season; that's a solid deal!

Weiss is a legit 2nd line center which is something Filppula never quite developed into (offensively anyways), and Weiss is still young enough where he should be able to compete/produce at a high level for at least 3 outta those 5 years he signed on for...Again - another really good addition!

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#176 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:15 AM

Mlive has claimed that Holland is trying to move Emmerton. Whatever the case, he is indisputably of lesser value than Andersson. Too bad for a guy who was one of the top North American prospects in his draft year.

Crym, if your not already blogging please start, or send me a link. You are the only thing that keeps me on this forum at this point. God bless your sanity and/or Xanax

#177 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:13 AM

Just for the record, had we signed Parros today on top of these other moves, I'd have been fully content with everything Holland did, and would have written him a heartfelt personal thank you note.  

While Parros would be great, I'd prefer McGrattan his deadstare is really something else and I'd love seeing his salute to the crowd in a winged wheel. This guy is as mean and tough as it comes, heck one of the few guys in this league who is willing to drop the gloves against the Penguins T-Rex known as MacIntyre.

Orr can look forward to this although I never like to see enforcers getting seriously hurt, because they are giving their health each game for their teammates and provide an element of integrity to the sport we all love.

Needs that need to be filled:

size - who is outthere?

enforcer - no brainer Wings are now in a division with Orr, McLaren, Frazer, Thornton, Lucic, Scott, Chara, Jensen, Bouilton, Prust, Parros, Macintyre, Engelland thats probably 80 % of the top 10 enforcers in the whole league so better get some protection for  the players soon.

Edited by frankgrimes, 06 July 2013 - 03:16 AM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#178 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:35 AM

Helm has been declared healthy and ready to play before. It's when he starts playing that's the problem.

Supposedly, Morrow and Iginla's motivation to win the Cup was supposed to put the Pens over the top. I don't know why anyone thinks Alfredsson wanting to win a cup is any different.

I guess my whole issue is that for the past few seasons, we keep hearing, oh just wait, Kenny Holland is making these conservative moves to plan for the future so we can sign that big free agent or make that big move. But it never comes. Or it's, just wait till these kids in Grand Rapids get in the lineup. But no, they're not ready until they're 25 and then they have to play a few seasons on the 3rd or 4th line to prove you are NHL worthy.

Maybe I'm forgetting, but have the Wings made any kind of significant trade since the Shanahan trade in the 96/97 season?

#179 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:43 AM

Helm has been declared healthy and ready to play before. It's when he starts playing that's the problem.Supposedly, Morrow and Iginla's motivation to win the Cup was supposed to put the Pens over the top. I don't know why anyone thinks Alfredsson wanting to win a cup is any different.I guess my whole issue is that for the past few seasons, we keep hearing, oh just wait, Kenny Holland is making these conservative moves to plan for the future so we can sign that big free agent or make that big move. But it never comes. Or it's, just wait till these kids in Grand Rapids get in the lineup. But no, they're not ready until they're 25 and then they have to play a few seasons on the 3rd or 4th line to prove you are NHL worthy.Maybe I'm forgetting, but have the Wings made any kind of significant trade since the Shanahan trade in the 96/97 season?

A 1st for Quincey duh. How can you forget?

#180 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:51 AM

This offseason was PERFECT. Next years crop is fantastic...Perfect set up for next year. (Bert, Sammy, Alfie, Quincey off books)

This team will contend for the East.

No travel for our "aging" stars = healthier, faster team.
We're going to be a problem for most teams in the east

Especially a potential line of 

Tatar - Helm - NyQuist

:w00t2: