• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Danielsm

Devin Setoguchi Traded to Winnipeg for 2nd round 2014 pick

Rate this topic

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

haha i was just gonna post this as a new topic!

good for the Jets.

:bad: If I see him outside the MTS Iceplex on my way to hockey, I will politely ask him not to re-sign with the Jets after next year. He is a diving POS.

And I will not be getting the Jets channel now. Thank god the Wings didn't get Ribiero cause I wouldn't even watch hockey next year.

Guest Crymson

He's a little overrated, but then again, we're the same team that traded a 1st for Quincey.

Quincey was an upcoming RFA. He was guaranteed to be re-signed. Setoguchi is an upcoming UFA.

Quincey was an upcoming RFA. He was guaranteed to be re-signed. Setoguchi is an upcoming UFA.

Except, we could use an overrated right shooting winger more than an overrated defenseman. Let alone a 2nd pick instead of a 1st.

Guest Crymson

Except, we could use an overrated right shooting winger more than an overrated defenseman. Let alone a 2nd pick instead of a 1st.

Was Setoguchi available for a 2nd-round pick at the 2012 deadline?

No, but apparently he was available this time around.

Just butthurt that some GM's can fleece others with trades, while ours got fleeced with the last big trade we made.

Brunner?

Is he overrated? He had a good first season here. Better than anyone could have expected. I guess whether he's "overrated" will depend on how much money he gets from another team and how he performs in the future.

It's too early to judge his potential right now, even though he's not exactly a 20 year old.

Is he overrated? He had a good first season here. Better than anyone could have expected. I guess whether he's "overrated" will depend on how much money he gets from another team and how he performs in the future.

It's too early to judge his potential right now, even though he's not exactly a 20 year old.

Just a simple matter of semantics but he had a good first half season here!

Just butthurt that some GM's can fleece others with trades, while ours got fleeced with the last big trade we made.

Let's see how he does next year before we say who fleeced who.

Setoguchi, last I checked, was a good scorer. A second for that is a good deal. Winnipeg has a lot of young talent already, don't they?

Other than one big year he's around 20G 40pts every year. He's a less physical Dan Cleary.

Do you live your whole life in hindsight? It was a bad move..didn't work out..wish we would've have done it..it's also over and there is nothing we can do. We are stuck with an inconsistent d man in Quincey, the first round pick (19th overall) turned out to be used on a Russian goalie and if you look at the 5 guys surrounding that pick on either side I wouldn't say it's filled with blue chip prospects. Moving on....

Guest The Axe

Do you live your whole life in hindsight? It was a bad move..didn't work out..wish we would've have done it..it's also over and there is nothing we can do. We are stuck with an inconsistent d man in Quincey, the first round pick (19th overall) turned out to be used on a Russian goalie and if you look at the 5 guys surrounding that pick on either side I wouldn't say it's filled with blue chip prospects. Moving on....

Do you live your whole life believing the LGW hype without any change of mind?

Quincey is Good. Newsflash: Quincey is F$#king GOOD.

He spent half the year and all the playoffs being the better defensive half of a pairing with a wide-eyed, flailing rookie on it going up against the league's best. For every goal given up and subsequent "Smith Sucks" post, Quincey stopped 2 more.

It's time people WAKE the F#&k up and realize we have 6 good to really good defensemen right now. Are any of them Norris contenders? No. But we might have the best all around D corps in the league. That last playoff run was a real eye opener for me. Are you going to bash our guys all the way up to the hoisting the cup point in time???

Edited by The Axe

Do you live your whole life believing the LGW hype without any change of mind?

Quincey is Good. Newsflash: Quincey is F$#king GOOD.

He spent half the year and all the playoffs being the better defensive half of a pairing with a wide-eyed, flailing rookie on it going up against the league's best. For every goal given up and subsequent "Smith Sucks" post, Quincey stopped 2 more.

It's time people WAKE the F#&k up and realize we have 6 good to really good defensemen right now. Are any of them Norris contenders? No. But we might have the best all around D corps in the league. That last playoff run was a real eye opener for me. Are you going to basj our guys all the way up to the hoisting the cup point in time???

I don't disagree that Quincey is solid - I think it's more about the fact that he's pretty much expendable now. During the playoffs, both Smith and DeKeyser were used in more situations, more prominently than he was. He's still going to be a serviceable defender next season, and he's good at all the little things.

I think people had too high of expectations when Quincey got here. The team gave up a 1st rounder and paid him 3.75 per. He's not the guy who put up 38 points in Los Angeles; not in Detroit's system. He's a stabilizing influence for Smith who can block shots, uses smart positioning and eats up minutes.

Should DeKeyser have a solid season (and I think he will), I don't imagine the team is going to re-up Q. Ericsson and DeKeyser are going to be re-signed. They'll likely let Lashoff play on the bottom pairing and use Almquist or Nicastro as the #7.

Guest The Axe

I don't disagree that Quincey is solid - I think it's more about the fact that he's pretty much expendable now. During the playoffs, both Smith and DeKeyser were used in more situations, more prominently than he was. He's still going to be a serviceable defender next season, and he's good at all the little things.

I think people had too high of expectations when Quincey got here. The team gave up a 1st rounder and paid him 3.75 per. He's not the guy who put up 38 points in Los Angeles; not in Detroit's system. He's a stabilizing influence for Smith who can block shots, uses smart positioning and eats up minutes.

Should DeKeyser have a solid season (and I think he will), I don't imagine the team is going to re-up Q. Ericsson and DeKeyser are going to be re-signed. They'll likely let Lashoff play on the bottom pairing and use Almquist or Nicastro as the #7.

I like your sentiment a lot more. But I dont agree with not re-upping Q. He's 27 = prime. 4 mil per is fair for a good #3.

I don't think Q is the long term option for the #3 though.

I think Kronwall, Ericsson, Smith, and Dekeyser will all be ahead of him in the lineup.

Maybe He gives you a chance to play Smith as 5 or 6 while he gets comfortable this coming season, but after that I assume (I know dangerous) Smith will be 4, Dekeyser and Ericsson will fight for #2 and #3.

All of this of course could change in a NHL season, but I truly think the top four for many years to come with consist of Kronwall, Ericsson, Dekeyser, and Smith.

Guest The Axe

I don't think Q is the long term option for the #3 though.

I think Kronwall, Ericsson, Smith, and Dekeyser will all be ahead of him in the lineup.

Maybe He gives you a chance to play Smith as 5 or 6 while he gets comfortable this coming season, but after that I assume (I know dangerous) Smith will be 4, Dekeyser and Ericsson will fight for #2 and #3.

All of this of course could change in a NHL season, but I truly think the top four for many years to come with consist of Kronwall, Ericsson, Dekeyser, and Smith.

Kronwall is getting old, tho.