• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WorkingOvertime

Wings Attempting to Re-sign Cleary

Rate this topic

Per Mlive, the Wings have re-signed Cleary, 3 years with an average value of 2.6 per year.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/07/veteran_forward_daniel_cleary.html

EDIT: The story has changed to reflect that Cleary is not signed and may not be signed. The original story was that a deal was done and the Wings would have to clear a contract to finalize the deal.

MOD: Please edit the title to reflect the new, correct information.

Edited by WorkingOvertime

This is the sound of Holland s***ting the bed. 16 forwards (including Andersson and Nyquist) and he signs #17. Say good bye to any chances of there being any youth on the team.

This is the sound of Holland s***ting the bed. 16 forwards (including Andersson and Nyquist) and he signs #17. Say good bye to any chances of there being any youth on the team.

Only possible explanation is that Sammy and Bert are confirmed to be on LTIR for the entire season. I think it's clear that Emmerton is gone, but I'm also not sure how this will work with the Miller signing unless Eaves and/or Tootoo are going to be off the roster as well.

Only possible explanation is that Sammy and Bert are confirmed to be on LTIR for the entire season. I think it's clear that Emmerton is gone, but I'm also not sure how this will work with the Miller signing unless Eaves and/or Tootoo are going to be off the roster as well.

I don't believe they can Pronger Sammy and Bert anymore, at least not without them actually being hurt. They have 5 forwards over the 12 that can play any given night.

Not a bad cap hit, not a bad player. Don't think the kids are at risk for this signing, think Eaves, Tootoo and Sammy will be at risk.

What can the Wings do with Sammy, other than a regular buy out when he is healthy?

I think there has to be a trade on the horizon. However, I am surprised the Wings would make this move before the trade occurring. The Wings also have to worry about the RFA signings when it comes to the cap and roster room.

He's a warrior. Teams wanted him for a reason. He brings alot to the table.

He gets under the opposing team's skin.

He will protect his teammates

He sacrifices his body for the team

Great leader

Heart of a champion.

All attributes that most superstars lack.

What you say is true.

That being said, I don't hate this as much as say, The Eagles.