• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WorkingOvertime

Wings Attempting to Re-sign Cleary

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

The author of that article is Ryan Lambert, whose hate for the Red Wings runs so deep as to manifest itself in everything he writes about hockey. An example? He once wrote an article criticizing Lidstrom for retiring during the finals.

He's without a doubt the least-liked of the Puck Daddy writers.

The author of that article is Ryan Lambert, whose hate for the Red Wings runs so deep as to manifest itself in everything he writes about hockey. An example? He once wrote an article criticizing Lidstrom for retiring during the finals.

All true. And so help me God, I agreed with his entire statement. Excuse me while I go vomit while showering.

Guest DeGraa55

Who cares? Do you disagree with his quote?

But he makes a good point.

Guest DeGraa55

Lambert is a tool and any time he writes about the Wings you should take the opposite to be true.

So you think clearly for 3 years at 3m is a good idea? Lol genius.

Doesn't sound like Cleary is coming back, but according to Khan the 3 year $3 mill was offer wasn't true.

A. Holland and coach Mike Babcock like Cleary and all the things he brings to the team (offense, defense, ability to play a top-six role or on the third line, penalty killing, net-front presence on power play). The Red Wings made him an offer, he turned it down. Now, they would need to clear some cap space to bring him back. I don't think that will happen.

A. Nobody has said Cleary will be back, only that it's a possibility that hinges on the club's ability to shed salary. And that rumor of three years for $3 million a season is false. If that were the Red Wings' offer, Cleary would have taken it. I don't know what their offer was, but I'm told it was closer to $2 million a year for the first two seasons and less than that for the third year.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/07/red_wings_questions_readers_wo.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+detroit-redwings+%28Detroit+Red+Wings+-+MLive.com%29

Guest DeGraa55

Every day I login hoping to see the announcement that Cleary has signed somewhere else...hopefully it's only a matter of time now.

Same here. I have the bit of hope we will sign Brunner and clearly signs elsewhere.

Edited by DeGraa55

Yup. Cleary was great for us. But his skill set has declined and while he still puts up points, I don't feel its an accurate reflection of what he can do. He wasn't one of our best players in the playoffs, yet he had ten points. I don't know how he got those points because he was never an impact player this year. He'd be good on the fourth line but not as a top 6 guy.

A. The odds are against it, for the reasons stated above. I've received a lot of questions about potential moves to clear cap space and roster spots. I'll address that on Friday.

i'm interested to hear the potential moves.. can someone link to that article when they post it?

Guest Crymson

Same here. I have the bit of hope we will sign Brunner and clearly signs elsewhere.

The Brunner ship has sailed. He turned down a very reasonable offer, and now the Wings have neither cap space nor roster space for him.

Well, funny enough we're in a thread about him, because the 2nd best player in 09 was..

Dano22.jpg

He was great, but Zatta and Franzen were better.

Guest Crymson

Obviously someone of his skills and value is wanted by EVERY NHL team....why is it taking so long????

It is possible that he has other offers but is waiting on the Wings first.

Obviously someone of his skills and value is wanted by EVERY NHL team....why is it taking so long????

Besides July 5th -- the day free agency began -- there have been hardly any signings in the entire NHL. It doesn't mean teams don't want Cleary.

Also possible Cleary wants to play for the Red Wings still and might be waiting for potential moves to allow his return.

Besides July 5th -- the day free agency began -- there have been hardly any signings in the entire NHL. It doesn't mean teams don't want Cleary.

Also possible Cleary wants to play for the Red Wings still and might be waiting for potential moves to allow his return.

I hope not. Cleary not signing with anyone yet scares me more so than Brunner not signing with anyone as of now.

Guest Crymson

I hope not. Cleary not signing with anyone yet scares me more so than Brunner not signing with anyone as of now.

Holland will have enough trouble dumping forwards to make roster space for the players se have. He has acknowledged the extreme unlikelihood of clearing much cap space at all. Cleary won't get a contract with the Wings unless he wants a low-salary, two-way deal.

Guest The Axe

Holland will have enough trouble dumping forwards to make roster space for the players se have. He has acknowledged the extreme unlikelihood of clearing much cap space at all. Cleary won't get a contract with the Wings unless he wants a low-salary, two-way deal.

For as much as I want Cleary gone, I want Bert, Sammy, and Tootoo gone 5x more.