• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#21 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

Just hope the kids i.e. Nyquist, Andersson, & Tatar see this, come to camp with a chip of their collective shoulders, & the attitude that they're going to take these old-timers' jobs from them.  

#22 Wings3:16

Wings3:16

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Ohhhh yeah I'm sure teams were lining up for Cleary at 2.6 mill, jeebus.

Holland must really hate Tatar
Wings in 2013...Bring the Cup back to Hockeytown!

#23 wheelchairwing

wheelchairwing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Meanwhile, life goes on ...

#24 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

He's a warrior. Teams wanted him for a reason. He brings alot to the table.
He gets under the opposing team's skin.
He will protect his teammates
He sacrifices his body for the team
Great leader
Heart of a champion.

All attributes that most superstars lack.

What you say is true.

That being said, I don't hate this as much as say, The Eagles.

#25 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,229 posts

So are we going to have to trade some players away for this Bozo?  I have never, ever liked Cleary.

#26 Nicholonio

Nicholonio

est. 1989, representin'.

• Pip
  • 143 posts

I think everyone got caught up last season with the youth and expect these young guys to be amazing right off the bat. They'll come and go throughout this season and will be inserted at the right times. Nyquist and Andersson will be on the opening day roster. me thinks. The moment they start to suck, everyone will turn on them. It's how our fan-base works. Cleary is a great player for this team. He does a lot for what we pay him (which isn't an enormous amount) and much more. He puts his heart and soul on that ice each and every night, and those players are hard to come by. It's not like he's 37 years old, he's 34. I think his offensive numbers will jump up this season too with the guys we signed (considering the past 6 years have been meh). If things start to decline as he gets older, hopefully Holland does the right thing then.

#27 Aznknight

Aznknight

Rookie

• Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

What is our cap space now? And if sammy is bought out how much then?

#28 FifeHockeyNut

FifeHockeyNut

Rookie

• Pip
  • 156 posts

What can the Wings do with Sammy, other than a regular buy out when he is healthy?

I think there has to be a trade on the horizon. However, I am surprised the Wings would make this move before the trade occurring. The Wings also have to worry about the RFA signings when it comes to the cap and roster room.

I totally agree with you re: Sammy, when I said he would at risk I meant regarding a roster spot rather than trade value. The moves this summer definitely aren't finished but we'd be foolish to get rid of the likes of Tatar and Nyquist

#29 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

I really don't get the term. With his age and injury history it should be one year deals for him from now on.

#30 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

I totally agree with you re: Sammy, when I said he would at risk I meant regarding a roster spot rather than trade value. The moves this summer definitely aren't finished but we'd be foolish to get rid of the likes of Tatar and Nyquist

I still think one of those two are going to factor into a trade before the start of the season.  Out of the two I would bet on them selling high on Tatar after the playoff run he had in GR.

Edit: And I think if he hasn't already, Emmerton should have a go-bag packed & ready.

Edited by ogreslayer, 06 July 2013 - 03:34 PM.

#31 FifeHockeyNut

FifeHockeyNut

Rookie

• Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

I still think one of those two are going to factor into a trade before the start of the season.  Out of the two I would bet on them selling high on Tatar after the playoff run he had in GR.

Edit: And I think if he hasn't already, Emmerton should have a go-bag packed & ready.

I hope you are wrong, love Tats! With Helm recovering well (fingers crossed) Emmers time is likely up. Ferraro would be able to offer the depth from GR as well as Jarkrok. Emmer brings nothing, low cap hit is only plus point.

#32 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

Cleary hasn't signed. MLive have changed their article.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#33 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,229 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

Yes, but the fact they even offered that still pisses me off.

#34 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

I just saw that and changed the first post- hopefully a Moderator can edit the title.

Mlive is usually a very reliable source- I apologize for not waiting for another source for confirmation.

#35 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

Maybe brunner has lowered his price and there choosing between the two?? Wishful thinking I know

#36 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

This thread isn't going to be pretty.

#37 fixxxer

fixxxer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

Aaaaaaaannnnnnnddd just like that Holland ruined the summer and season. What a moron exponentially so if we end up trading away our youth for Cleary's dirt bag ass. Might not be finalized but sounds like they just have to dot i's and cross the t's. Cleary's been a prick ever since he forgone his knee surgery and decided to play during the playoffs that one year. He's a freaking joke.

Holland is already pushing out Tatar and possibly Nyquist from playing decent mins on this team. I bet Cleary will get a NTC to.

#38 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

Brunner over Cleary if I had to choose. With Holland stating that he is interested to do one more signing I have to believe that a trade could take place, and hopefully for a quality d-man. The uber amount of forwards we will potentially have means a few players need to go. Its no secret Kenny has been d-hunting for awhile now, and this team is a top 3 dman away from really looking lethal for the 2013/14 season.

#39 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

http://redwingsfront...ing-with-wings/

Detroit has not agreed with Cleary on a three-year contract that will pay him roughly $2.6 million a season.

The sticking point is the salary cap.

They’d like to have Cleary back, but only if they’re able to shed some salary first.

Teams can go 10-percent over the salary cap during the offseason, but that’s something they don’t want to do.

In the meantime, Cleary is free to sign with any other team if he gets the deal he’s looking for.

#40 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

dan_cleary-x-large.jpg

U MAD BRO?

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."