• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wheelchairwing

Jim Nill takes Red Wings’ director of amateur scouting to Dallas

Rate this topic

My... god. I gotta believe that Holland was merely a figure head to Nill. There is no other reason that these guys would stay loyal to someone that isn't our guy. Horrible past two days for the Detroit Red Wings. Ilitch better stop paying so much attention to the Tigers and start looking at what is happening at his other teams offices.

Horrible past two days for the Detroit Red Wings. Ilitch better stop paying so much attention to the Tigers and start looking at what is happening at his other teams offices.

lmao, please explain to me IN DEPTH why it's been a horrible past two days.

Guest Crymson

My... god. I gotta believe that Holland was merely a figure head to Nill. There is no other reason that these guys would stay loyal to someone that isn't our guy. Horrible past two days for the Detroit Red Wings. Ilitch better stop paying so much attention to the Tigers and start looking at what is happening at his other teams offices.

Or, you know, maybe the guy was offered a fatter paycheck and a bigger role with the Stars.

Why are some people so quick to jump to the most dire conclusions possible?

Meh

Wings North American scouting has been ok to good, nothing earth shattering. With the way this has been handled, it would not surprise me that there were plenty of winks and nods. Nil gets an upgrade to his team with guys he knows and Holland gets to breathe some fresh air into the scouting leadership, particularly N. America.

The only thing that puzzles me s that McDonnell just got a promotion and then departs, all of which seems to have happened about the same time. Only thing that explains it is more winks and nods to put bullets in Nils arsenal to up the compensation ante. Holland eats it and everyone wins.

Or, you know, maybe the guy was offered a fatter paycheck and a bigger role with the Stars.

Why are some people so quick to jump to the most dire conclusions possible?

Not saying it's necessarily the biggest conspiracy, but I doubt paychecks came into play. If the Wings really wanted to keep them, I'm sure they'd match the money. And McDonnell's move is to the same position he was in with the Wings, so I'm not sure how much bigger of a role he would get in Dallas. As multiple sources have pointed out, he ran our draft and was basically an assistant GM. Again, I'm not saying this is some big anti-Holland conspiracy, but given that they're gone, it's pretty obvious that some big names in our organization preferred Nill over Holland.

There was a lot of chatter going on back when it was announced that Nill was leaving that it was a big mistake to let him get away, and many were suggesting that he might be more important to this team than Holland. Moves like this add weight to those otherwise empty claims. Any way you shake it, if these guys were happy with the Wings and Holland, they wouldn't have moved on, especially after 18 years with the organization in the case of McDonnell.

It'll be very interesting to see how this all plays out. At the very least, this is disconcerting news.

The only thing that puzzles me is that McDonnell just got a promotion and then departs, all of which seems to have happened about the same time. Only thing that explains it is more winks and nods to put bullets in Nils arsenal to up the compensation ante. Holland eats it and everyone wins.

Yeah it's really weird. Not a good reflection on Holland... McDonnell just let us all know that something was not right in the front office.

Yeah it's really weird. Not a good reflection on Holland... McDonnell just let us all know that something was not right in the front office.

My take is totally opposite.

If the Wings did not know this was coming down, it would be a major industry scumbag move and they would be publicly complaining about being raided. I think it was a win/win move wishing well to all.

Funny, was just having a discussion on these forums about how important our scouts were.

This is a huge blow but honestly, Hakan is the essentially piece. He's the guy who pretty much hand picked Datsyuk, Hank, Franzen, Nyquist....and of course Lidstrom

He's the guy we can't lose under any circumstances.

I used to remember a time, when the Wings not only got the top guys but also loaded up their front office. I am not happy with losing these guys, who is next Hakan?

Hakan is signed for 4 more years..HSJ made a comment about it earlier today on Twitter

Thank God