Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

http://kuklaskorner....uting-to-dallas

#2 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:30 PM

I think the Cleary signing was to distract fans away from this news.  Huge loss for the Wings organ-I-zation.  

#3 Nicholonio

Nicholonio

est. 1989, representin'.

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

lol, good thing I like Dallas. I think the Wings organization will be alright, though. It is a huge blow.

#4 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

I'm not too worried. It seems like our euro scouts have vastly outperformed our NA scouts.

#5 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

My... god. I gotta believe that Holland was merely a figure head to Nill. There is no other reason that these guys would stay loyal to someone that isn't our guy. Horrible past two days for the Detroit Red Wings. Ilitch better stop paying so much attention to the Tigers and start looking at what is happening at his other teams offices.

12412215175_9591987538_o.jpg

#6 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

I think the Cleary signing was to distract fans away from this news.  Huge loss for the Wings organ-I-zation.  

Yeah because they all thought Holland was nuts for signing Cleary, especially for 3 years so they got out of Dodge.

#7 Nicholonio

Nicholonio

est. 1989, representin'.

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

Horrible past two days for the Detroit Red Wings. Ilitch better stop paying so much attention to the Tigers and start looking at what is happening at his other teams offices.

lmao, please explain to me IN DEPTH why it's been a horrible past two days.

#8 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:07 PM

Well, FU too Nill.

#9 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:09 PM

Jim Nill is a freaking loser... I'm glad he left this organization... This is bush league IMO

Edited by HockeytownRules19, 06 July 2013 - 04:09 PM.

#10 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

My... god. I gotta believe that Holland was merely a figure head to Nill. There is no other reason that these guys would stay loyal to someone that isn't our guy. Horrible past two days for the Detroit Red Wings. Ilitch better stop paying so much attention to the Tigers and start looking at what is happening at his other teams offices.

Or, you know, maybe the guy was offered a fatter paycheck and a bigger role with the Stars.

Why are some people so quick to jump to the most dire conclusions possible?

#11 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

Going to have to wait on details, but the front office will see some major changes by the time the season starts.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#12 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

I used to remember a time, when the Wings not only got the top guys but also loaded up their front office. I am not happy with losing these guys, who is next Hakan?

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#13 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

It's the end of the world, how will the Wings continue on now.

#14 whitey

whitey

Jr. Prospect

• 29 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:29 PM

Meh

Wings North American scouting has been ok to good, nothing earth shattering. With the way this has been handled, it would not surprise me that there were plenty of winks and nods. Nil gets an upgrade to his team with guys he knows and Holland gets to breathe some fresh air into the scouting leadership, particularly N. America.

The only thing that puzzles me s that McDonnell just got a promotion and then departs, all of which seems to have happened about the same time. Only thing that explains it is more winks and nods to put bullets in Nils arsenal to up the compensation ante. Holland eats it and everyone wins.

#15 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

It's the end of the world, how will the Wings continue on now.

Overreacting a little?

#16 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

Or, you know, maybe the guy was offered a fatter paycheck and a bigger role with the Stars.

Why are some people so quick to jump to the most dire conclusions possible?

Not saying it's necessarily the biggest conspiracy, but I doubt paychecks came into play. If the Wings really wanted to keep them, I'm sure they'd match the money. And McDonnell's move is to the same position he was in with the Wings, so I'm not sure how much bigger of a role he would get in Dallas. As multiple sources have pointed out, he ran our draft and was basically an assistant GM. Again, I'm not saying this is some big anti-Holland conspiracy, but given that they're gone, it's pretty obvious that some big names in our organization preferred Nill over Holland.

There was a lot of chatter going on back when it was announced that Nill was leaving that it was a big mistake to let him get away, and many were suggesting that he might be more important to this team than Holland. Moves like this add weight to those otherwise empty claims. Any way you shake it, if these guys were happy with the Wings and Holland, they wouldn't have moved on, especially after 18 years with the organization in the case of McDonnell.

It'll be very interesting to see how this all plays out. At the very least, this is disconcerting news.

-Elliot...does not panic.

#17 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

IMO this is not a reflection on Holland, good or bad. Some of you want him skewered and you're using this as a talking point.

It's simple: Nill ran Detroit's draft. Of course he had a closer relationship with our head scouts then Holland did. It makes total sense.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#18 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:54 PM

Huge blow we won't be able to draft anyone good again. EVER.

Yeah right.

Not that big of a deal tbh.

#19 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

The only thing that puzzles me is that McDonnell just got a promotion and then departs, all of which seems to have happened about the same time. Only thing that explains it is more winks and nods to put bullets in Nils arsenal to up the compensation ante. Holland eats it and everyone wins.

Yeah it's really weird. Not a good reflection on Holland... McDonnell just let us all know that something was not right in the front office.

#20 whitey

whitey

Jr. Prospect

• 29 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

Yeah it's really weird. Not a good reflection on Holland... McDonnell just let us all know that something was not right in the front office.

My take is totally opposite.

If the Wings did not know this was coming down, it would be a major industry scumbag move and they would be publicly complaining about being raided. I think it was a win/win move wishing well to all.