• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

So.. what are our expectations for this roster?

Rate this topic

Guest DeGraa55

I agree with Mrazek not being ready, but you have no proof that monster will be injured all year, or at all for that matter, most injuries this year was for a lack of half a season with no time for training camps, and a week long pre-season. Washington is garbage when Ovie isn't playing full tilt, which aside from 24 games last season he hasn't played that way in several years, so they are like a 6th seed maybe, they only had home ice cause they had the worst division in hockey. I do not truly believe NYR will be better with Vigneault than they were with Torts. Montreal is hit or miss really, Boston has fallen apart this off season, so lets see how they bounce back after losing key pieces of their team, and Pittsburgh is just a joke, they are good regular season, but come playoffs they are the laughing stock of the nhl. I honestly don't think there are 3 teams truly better than us, assuming half our team doesn't get injured (we can't possibly have that much bad luck 4 straight years) then I firmly believe we will start playoffs with home ice, and make a deep playoff run. With Alfie, and weiss joining Datsyuk, Z, Franzen, Nyquist and Tatar, and Helmer, we are in for a treat this year, cause we aren't trying to make playoffs this year, we are trying to win it all.

Based on the moves we made I say we are only trying to make the playoffs. Alfie or not this isn't a cup team.

And you're right with the lack of preseason and trading camp etc etc. That's why I said if we remain healthy we will make the playoffs. I just don't think everyone will stay healthy.

But with that said. Someone like kronwall who is focusing more on his defense and is having less kronwalls that should lead to him being healthier. Yes watching someone get kronwalled is cool but kronwall getting hurt isn't. Monster was hurt pretty much all year. That HAS to change for us to be successful.

I'm not saying we don't have a team capable of making the playoffs. I'm saying if injuries hit we don't gavecenough too end talent to cover for guys like kronwall z DAT and most importantly Howard.

In terms of rating the other teams (currently), I think it will look something like this

1. Pittsburgh

2. Boston

3. New York Rangers

4. Devils - their goaltending is highly improved

5. Washington

6. Ottawa

after that it is wide open between, Detroit, Toronto, Montreal, Philadelphia, New York

behind this pack: Buffalo, Tampa Bay, Carolina, Winnipeg, Florida

Because I don't think theyll be able to hold up in the east. Not with the current roster and if they sign clearly it gets worse.

But if by some chance they stay healthy. They can make the playoffs but they won't be cup contenders either way.

Swap East for West and you have the 2012-2013 season prediction... We're a lot better this year

Swap East for West and you have the 2012-2013 season prediction... We're a lot better this year

You smoke alot of weed, huh? Sorry for the jab, but I think you are going to see things differently when this season starts. The slated conference/division swap will put Detroit in a division that is rougher than what they've experienced in the past. Stats show that hitting and fighting are more prevelant in the East, specifically with Toronto and Boston. Detroit was not built "tough" and have had injury woes for years due to the style (not size) of player Detroit typically signs. Weiss and Alfie don't add "toughness" but they have been somewhat durable in the east. Again, we will see.

Guest Crymson

What would it to get Edler? I think adding him without giving up too much makes us a serious contender

Edler is vastly overrated. While he is fairly good at offense, he is only average on defense and is prone to very damaging brainfarts. He was the goat for Canucks fans in their team's 2012 loss against the Kings.

He's not a #1 defenseman. And yes, he'd cost a lot.

This is LGW, so anything short of going 82-0-0 and then a 16-0 run to the cup, coupled with a league record in fighting majors and trading Cleary for the 1st overall pick in 2014 will be an unmitigated disaster which can only be resolved by the instant dismissal of Holland and Babcock

Lol

You've already voiced your certainty that the Wings will miss the playoffs.Because I don't think theyll be able to hold up in the east. Not with the current roster and if they sign clearly it gets worse.But if by some chance they stay healthy. They can make the playoffs but they won't be cup contenders either way.
There are just as many big teams in the West and the Wings were fine there. The biggest difference is how much they fight in the East compared to the West.
What would it to get Edler? I think adding him without giving up too much makes us a serious contender
I don't think the Canucks are moving him now unless they get a huge offer. Before they traded Schneider I was thinking it would take Smith or Kindl+Tatar or Nyquist + a top prospect.

I expect them to finish between 3 and 6 and make a good run in the playoffs.Tatar and Nyquist both around 35 points. Weiss around 50. Datstuk slightly more than a ppg. Alfredsson around 20 G 40 A. Eaves is the most likely gone followed by whoever they can most easily move of Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, and Emmerton.

Edler is vastly overrated. While he is fairly good at offense, he is only average on defense and is prone to very damaging brainfarts. He was the goat for Canucks fans in their team's 2012 loss against the Kings.

He's not a #1 defenseman. And yes, he'd cost a lot.

I live in Vancouver so I know all about it. It would be like adding another Kronwall to this team. It would clearly make us better and I think he only has a 4M cap hit. Asking price is probably too high though

Here are my bold ;) predictions;

Alfredsson scores 30 goals playing with Datsyuk/Zetterberg.

Dekeyser takes a step back - he starts to actually look like a rookie.

Smith steps up and becomes an actual 2-3 d-man, and he scores 40 points.

Kindl scores 10 power play goals.

and,

The Red Wings win the Stanley Cup. There's something about this team when they acquire a vet who hasn't won a cup yet (I mean a real vet, not Hossa). They stepped up in 2008 when they wanted to get Drake a Cup, I think that the desire to get Alfie a Cup along with the play of these younger guys could be the recipe for success!

Either way, should be an exciting season.

Same expectations as every year, playoffs and at least the second round.

That would be good, a great year would be ECF.

Anything after ECF is gravy and I cannot complain!

I have always maintained that conference finals in any sport is a fantastic year for the teams I root for!

Guest mjtm77

In terms of rating the other teams (currently), I think it will look something like this

1. Pittsburgh

2. Boston

3. New York Rangers

5. Washington

6. Ottawa

after that it is wide open between, Detroit, Toronto, Montreal, Philadelphia, New York

do u even watch hockey? With the sightings Detroit made were looking like a top 3 or 4 team. And New Jersey? They are gunna be at the bottom. They look horrible, they didn't improve there goaltending. Marty is still the guy

1. Pittsburgh

2. Boston

3. New York Rangers

5. Washington

6. Ottawa

do u even watch hockey? With the sightings Detroit made were looking like a top 3 or 4 team. And New Jersey? They are gunna be at the bottom. They look horrible, they didn't improve there goaltending. Marty is still the guy

There is a guy named Cory Schneider. I've created this list before the Kovalgate saga, so next time read the posting-date, thanks.

ps: it is you not U

There is a guy named Cory Schneider. I've created this list before the Kovalgate saga, so next time read the posting-date, thanks. ps: it is you not U

There are only two teams in that list better than us: Pittsburgh and Boston.

I mean, Alfredsson left Ottawa after like 17 years to come here because he thought we had a better chance at the cup. Yet you still have them rated ahead of us. Confusing.

As mentioned, the price tag would be hefty. With the team buying out Ballard, there's no reason to move Edler. The jury is still out on guys like Tanev and Corrado, so I imagine they'll want to bring them along a bit slower. I actually think Edler is a very good player; players PP, PK, hits and blocks shots. His positioning is questionable at times, but I think he's right on that line bordering a #1 guy. Having a bad year doesn't break a guy, IMO... I think he's a real solid defender.

1. Pittsburgh

2. Boston

3. New York Rangers

5. Washington

6. Ottawa

:hysterical: Sorry dude, but that's hilarious.

Remember Boston sweeping the Penguins? The Pens lost Iginla to the B's now, who also got Eriksson for their top 6. The Wings took the Hawks to OT game 7 and then acquired Alfredsson and Weiss. Ottawa lost Alfie to us. Devils lost Clarkson and now Kovy. Washington is just a joke, I hope you put them there as a joke. They're such a pile of crap, even Ribeiro left. Here's a better list for you:

1. Bruins 2. Wings 3. Rangers 4. Pens 5. Toronto

From there, it's a crap shoot. There's your top 5 next year. You can save this post if you want for an East prediction and I'll eat crow if it's closer to yours, but I think you're out to lunch on your power rankings. Not trying to disrespect you either, just throwing that in there.

If the Wings are reasonably healthy this season, and if most players are able to have average to slightly above average seasons, than I feel this team will be top 4 in the east. If there are injury problems, if there is a lot of inconsistency, or if other teams over-perform by a lot I can see them falling to 6-9th. If all the worst should happen, long term injuries to stars, inconsistency by remaining players and other teams over perform, the Wings won't make the playoffs. I would say given all the available facts, its unlikely the Wings are outside of the 3-7th area of the standings. My optimistic prediction is 4th.

As for the playoffs, well, that's just not even worth trying to speculate on. The Wings could be playing a hot goalie and lose in the 1st round. Or they could get hot, and win the Cup. Who knows? But that's the fun.

Edited by Shaman464

1. Pittsburgh

2. Boston

3. New York Rangers

5. Washington

6. Ottawa

I know it's just your opinion but I absolutely do not think any of those teams are better than the Wings (especially Washington) except maybe Boston, but even then who knows with roster turnover.

1-3 is open for anyone of Boston, Detroit and Pitt but most likely in this order imo.

Guest mjtm77

There is a guy named Cory Schneider. I've created this list before the Kovalgate saga, so next time read the posting-date, thanks. ps: it is you not U

Guest Playmaker

I could see anything from a Stanley Cup to not making the playoffs. So many variables, it's hard to predict. If we get Johan Franzen circa 2008, 100 pts from Pav and Z, Alfie plays like he's 31, 20+ goals from Weiss and Abby, Helm is healthy and on a line with Tatar and Nyquist and they produce like the did in GR, DeKeyser is as good over 82 games as he was in his first dozen, Kronwall starts playing more like Nick Sr., Kindl, Quincey, and Smith continue to progress, Jimmy wants to prove he's worth the money and not complacent, the overabundance of forwards is resolved quickly, few serious injuries to important pieces........the list is endless. The chance of all that happening are slim, so really, anything could happen and it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Guest mjtm77

Schneider doesn't mean anything. He's still the number two. Kovulchuk or not new jersey looks horrible. Your team ranking were not verry good. The wings should end up top two or three in the east. We look pretty deep. O an srry bout my gramer. My apologies