• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Shutemdown

Any new Helm Updates?

Rate this topic

DAMMIT!

Heard he hurt his groin again and going for tests to see if there's a tear... He won't be ready for Saturday.

#RedWings F Darren Helm bothered by sore groin, return delayed. Won't be ready Saturday.

Wings GM Ken Holland said Darren Helm has a sore groin and is going for tests today to see if there's a tear. He won't be ready for Saturday

DAMMIT!

Heard he hurt his groin again and going for tests to see if there's a tear... He won't be ready for Saturday.

#RedWings F Darren Helm bothered by sore groin, return delayed. Won't be ready Saturday.

Wings GM Ken Holland said Darren Helm has a sore groin and is going for tests today to see if there's a tear. He won't be ready for Saturday

Sweet flying mother of f***!!!!!!!!

Not too surprising he'll experience stuff like this while trying to return, as long as it's not his back acting up it's not the end of the world.

Yup, he's been off for over a year now, so something like this was bound to happen. And in a way it might help Kenny out a bit too, he has a bit longer to make a deal now.

Potentially good news. Would be so much better if his first game is in detroit the whole crowd will go mental.

Go mental??

I don't think many of the average fans would remember who he is?? I'd have to explain to everyone sitting around me that this is the guy that has played 69 games for us since 2011-2012 and scored one playoff goal for us. We here on LGW definitely know who he is, average "John Q Fan" probably does remember his name and him playing, but that's about it. Let's not over-blow his good, but short, injury riddled, "legacy".

Go mental??

I don't think many of the average fans would remember who he is?? I'd have to explain to everyone sitting around me that this is the guy that has played 69 games for us since 2011-2012 and scored one playoff goal for us. We here on LGW definitely know who he is, average "John Q Fan" probably does remember his name and him playing, but that's about it. Let's not over-blow his good, but short, injury riddled, "legacy".

True story. I've mentioned him returning to a few people I'd consider "average fans" and most forgot we still had him.... I'm sure helm will remind them all soon enough ;)

My younger brother has an extremely casual interest in the Wings. His favorite player is Helm. Actually, his favorite player is probably Datsyuk. But he once told me it's Helm, which I thought was awesome.

He nailed it:

"Soooo fast! And he hits everyone!"

My younger brother has an extremely casual interest in the Wings. His favorite player is Helm. Actually, his favorite player is probably Datsyuk. But he once told me it's Helm, which I thought was awesome.

He nailed it:

Sure he wasn't talking about Tootoo?=)

He nailed it:

This isn't Helm related but your post reminded me of a similar instance with my father who's also very, very casual. To this day I think the only sports players he knows by name are Michael Jordan, Allen Iverson, Barry Bonds, Miguel Cabrera and... Drew Miller.