• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#21 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:21 AM

It's also a good way for the Wings and their prospects to gauge their graduates to their other top prospects.  A little challenge for them all.

I think he was there last year too.  That's the perk of having your old man as the coach.  You get to train with the best franchise in the NHL and learn some s*** from some quality prospects and improve his game.  5'09, 150 lbs sounds like a Hampus Jr, not Babcock.

The Chelios boys have been to camp as well.

#22 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:38 AM

I think we should start hearing some news come out of the Development Camp that starts Wednesday. Here, read this....

Interesting to see Danny D there, too. I guess Kenny still had some questions in his mind? 

They had invited Danny D on an optional basis. If he wanted to attend, he was more than welcome to and would be welcomed to help train and advise the youngsters in the pipeline. Originally it was reported that he was going to attend in that role but is not currently anymore. I'm not sure what had happened between those dates or anything. I just know that it was optional for him, and that was their plan heading into it.

Mike Babcock's kid has been there for at least the past few years. It has to be nice being able to share the ice with some of the best prospects and learning from them. On top of dealing with an outstanding group of advisers.

Helmer's true test won't be until around the 12-13th after they play their intra squad scrimmage on the 12th. I would have to believe that's when he'll really push it and be able to see where he stands. That is, of course, if he doesn't re-agitate beforehand.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#23 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

Mike's 3 other sons (Daniel, D.C., and Eleven) will also be at camp.

#24 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

http://www.mlive.com...ml#incart_river

not pain free but pretty close.

#25 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:18 AM

So far so good.

#26 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

The Chelios boys have been to camp as well.

80 Dean Chelios * F 6.02 185 — Michigan State (NCAA)

#27 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

The tone isn't quite as positive as I'd been hearing for the past few days, but basically nothing has gone wrong yet.

Mlive

"He'll go back on (the ice) the last two days," Holland said. "He plans to be out for the full practices. How has he done? He's done OK. No setbacks.

"But I can tell you he's definitely not partaking in all aspects of the camp by design."

#28 Rick D

Rick D

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:51 AM

I read that he didn't skate in the 2nd session yesterday, and he wont play in the scrimmage today.

I really hope he can play this year.

Eff Chicago

Eff Boston

#29 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

He's got a way to go. 2 more months of rest should help.

#30 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:41 PM

Um... Someone at the front office got confused???

No.  Actually it is two people but there is a spelling error on the roster.  I'm here in TC, and I saw it too.  Funny - they were  born a month and a half apart, both play goalie and both here at the same time.

The only Chelios I've seen is Dean.  My friend George Malik said that Jake is at Chicago's camp doing pretty much the same thing his brother's doing here.

Edited by Kira, 12 July 2013 - 09:45 PM.

Posted Image

#31 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:34 PM

"Guys were pushing me around a little bit," Helm said. "We were doing some battle drills. I don't think guys were going too hard on me. I think they understand what the situation is but it was nice to get pushed around, to push back.

Brendan Savage story at MLive

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#32 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

Brendan Savage story at MLive

Getting this dude back at 100% would be ENORMOUS.

#33 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:46 AM

I miss Helm's speed, very, very much...
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#34 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

I just miss helm in general

#35 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:09 PM

From Detroit Free Press:

Red Wings general manager Ken Holland said he spoke with forward Darren Helm last week in British Columbia, Canada and the progress report he got back was good.

Helm played in one regular-season game last season and missed all of the playoffs with a back injury. He skated at the Red Wings development camp in Traverse City last month.

“Everything’s good,” Holland said. “He feels good. He’s training. I know he trained very hard last week. He’s in Detroit. He’s very happy where he’s at. He has no issues. Obviously, the challenge is physical play. I’m cautiously optimistic.”

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#36 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

From Detroit Free Press:

As am I but man I hope he comes back injury free :)

#37 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:31 PM

With Helm back in the lineup this team suddenly looks way more dangerous.  Hopefully he stays healthy throughout the season.  I'm excited to see what this team can do with the new additions plus Helm.

#38 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,859 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

I hope so bad to see Helm between Nyqvist and Tatar this year.

#39 Nicholonio

Nicholonio

est. 1989, representin'.

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

If Helm doesn't return, it's not big loss.

Just replace him with some batteries!

#40 Blood On The Ice

Blood On The Ice

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:09 PM

Per Mlive today

Red Wings general manager Ken Holland said he spoke with forward Darren Helm last week in British Columbia, Canada and the progress report he got back was good.

Helm played in one regular-season game last season and missed all of the playoffs with a back injury. He skated at the Red Wings development camp in Traverse City last month.

“Everything’s good,” Holland said. “He feels good. He’s training. I know he trained very hard last week. He’s in Detroit. He’s very happy where he’s at. He has no issues. Obviously, the challenge is physical play. I’m cautiously optimistic.”

Holland is hoping Helm will be able to come to training camp next month without any issues.

“Getting banged around, that’s part of his game,” Holland said. “That’s part of what makes him special. He’s physical. He’s on the puck. He finishes body checks. He goes to hard areas.

“I’m sure early on we’ll probably go light with him in preseason games. But in order to be able to play the first game of the year against Buffalo on Oct. 2, he’s going to have to play three or four preseason games. My feeling is if he’s in the lineup against Buffalo we’re feeling pretty good about things.”

Helm would be a huge boost to the team’s depth as their third-line center. The Wings were essentially without an entire third line last season with Helm, Todd Bertuzzi (back) and Mikael Samuelsson (multiple injuries) limited to a combined 12 games.