• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#41 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:23 PM

Hope his back can heal fully at first and then think about returning to the game, life > hockey. Having that said I wouldn't put him in against the Sabres with John Scott in the lineup.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#42 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:05 PM

Some good news for a Monday. 

#43 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

Hope his back can heal fully at first and then think about returning to the game, life > hockey. Having that said I wouldn't put him in against the Sabres with John Scott in the lineup.

I wouldn't worry too much about a guy who can barely skate well enough to stay in the NHL going after our fastest skater.  Plus, I would imagine that Helm's ice time will start very low and build up as he gets acclimated to playing on a regular basis again.

#44 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

I wouldn't worry too much about a guy who can barely skate well enough to stay in the NHL going after our fastest skater.  Plus, I would imagine that Helm's ice time will start very low and build up as he gets acclimated to playing on a regular basis again.

I could see them pushing him to play more during the pre-season to try and get him acclimated as fast as possible. He's had more than enough time, on top of development camp, to start pushing his workouts right now (Which he said he was!). By training camp he should be in full drills and see how it runs then. If everything goes good, plug him into more pre-season games and lets get at it in October. 

It would be a workout for Scott chasing down Helmer haha. I frickin miss Helmer like no other 

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#45 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:03 PM

A little encouraging

http://www.mlive.com...ren_helm_1.html

#46 Jedi

Jedi

In this town of Halloween...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,817 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:25 PM

I'm guessing that if no trades can be worked out, Helm will start the season on LTIR, thus relieving one roster spot.

Hope he continues to get better, and only comes back when he's completely ready.

y4m8.png
"Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween..."

#47 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:03 PM

I'm guessing that if no trades can be worked out, Helm will start the season on LTIR, thus relieving one roster spot.

Hope he continues to get better, and only comes back when he's completely ready.

What is that based on?

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#48 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,817 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

What is that based on?

Just a guess, nothing more. Lots of stories/articles online have stated that Helm could be placed on LTIR if he's not ready to start the season, thus leaving Detroit only one player over the roster limit. Still leaves another move to be made for cap compliance and roster limit, of course. But Helm on LTIR temporarily makes Kenny's decision a little bit easier.

y4m8.png

#49 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:22 PM

Kesler.  Kronwall.  Heh.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#50 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

What is that based on?
Just a guess, nothing more. Lots of stories/articles online have stated that Helm could be placed on LTIR if he's not ready to start the season, thus leaving Detroit only one player over the roster limit. Still leaves another move to be made for cap compliance and roster limit, of course. But Helm on LTIR temporarily makes Kenny's decision a little bit easier.

Lots of stories say that barring a set back he will be ready.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#51 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,817 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

Lots of stories say that barring a set back he will be ready.

And the article linked earlier was a little more cloudy.  Helm might be ready by the season opener, he might not be.

And I just realized I worded my previous post wrong.  I meant to say "if no trades, and if Helm isn't ready to go, he'll be LTIR'd, yadda yadda yadda".  Sorry for the confusion.  That's what I get for trying to make a coherent point in the forums on my iPhone...

y4m8.png

#52 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,060 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:37 PM

I recently re-watched this on youtube the other day:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=X2k3qEnTlz8

It's been so long he's been out, I forgot what a force of a defensive center he was developing into. I hope he can get back to 100% and back to playing to his capability, his hands may never be the greatest, but with his drive, fire for the game and speed he brings, I know he'll add a ton to our current line-up.

#NOMOREKINDL

#53 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:03 PM

It's been so long he's been out, I forgot what a force of a defensive center he was developing into. I hope he can get back to 100% and back to playing to his capability, his hands may never be the greatest, but with his drive, fire for the game and speed he brings, I know he'll add a ton to our current line-up.

He really exposes Campbell and Barker and how useless they are defensively. lol

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#54 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:12 AM

While watching this at 6 am on my cell phone, in my bathroom, I found myself cheering for helm and hoping he would score lol

#55 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:09 AM

I also remeber his goal in that fantastic game 7 against Anaheim http://www.youtube.c...h?v=scVutse_U2c

hope for 100% recovery, however, as time goes on and he still expierences pain, it becomes more and more unlikely

Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#56 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:42 AM

"Encouraging": Is it encouraging?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#57 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:11 AM

"Encouraging": Is it encouraging?

Encouraging in the sense that he hasn't experienced any set backs and he is mostly not experiencing back pain.

#58 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:33 PM

what a player, cant believe how much i miss him. whole different team with this 1 guy. 

#59 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

what a player, cant believe how much i miss him. whole different team with this 1 guy. 

People underestimate his value because he isn't an all star or a 20+ goal scorer. But he essentially is the heart and soul of our team

#60 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,150 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:12 PM

But he essentially is the heart and soul of our team

I've got mad man-boner-love for Helm. But Zetterberg hasthis title locked up IMO.

Edited by rick zombo, 31 August 2013 - 03:13 PM.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"