• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Shutemdown

Any new Helm Updates?

Rate this topic

He is scheduled to be back in the lineup OCT 26 vs NYR

That's a little bit of an overstatement. That is simply the first game he would be eligible for if he returns from LTIR on time. No confirmation at all at this point that he will be back for that game.

That's a little bit of an overstatement. That is simply the first game he would be eligible for if he returns from LTIR on time. No confirmation at all at this point that he will be back for that game.

If all goes according to plan, general manager Ken Holland said Helm will make his season debut for the Red Wings on Oct. 26 against the New York Rangers at Joe Louis Arena.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/10/red_wings_planning_on_having_d.html

Key phrase there is "if all goes according to plan". I think we've seen plenty of examples of how those "if's" have worked out for him over the past 18 months. I'll stick with Helm's own assessment of the situation myself which is, and I quote, “Until my name’s on a lineup sheet I’m not going to get that excited about it.’’

Would appreciate some crowd reporting on Helm is anyone is going to this Friday's home opener in GR.

Please, do not! I'm being selfish and i'm upset even more now. Me and the lady normally do the home-openers in GR but this year... after we bought the tickets... it had dawned on us that she had a show that night and we couldn't make it. Now not only am I not going to see that beautiful banner being raised... IM GOING TO MISS HELMERS FIRST GAME WITH THEM. The stuff you do for significant others!

Please, do not! I'm being selfish and i'm upset even more now. Me and the lady normally do the home-openers in GR but this year... after we bought the tickets... it had dawned on us that she had a show that night and we couldn't make it. Now not only am I not going to see that beautiful banner being raised... IM GOING TO MISS HELMERS FIRST GAME WITH THEM. The stuff you do for significant others!

Dude. She'll be at a show... she'll never know.

Dude. She'll be at a show... she'll never know.

Ah but if it was that easy ;) I had told her I would volunteer at the ticket stand that night. Yeah... my foot has a bullet hole in it right about now.

Ah but if it was that easy ;) I had told her I would volunteer at the ticket stand that night. Yeah... my foot has a bullet hole in it right about now.

If the Wings win the Cup, they'd better add your name to it. You just stacked up enough positive kharma by being good to your woman that not only will Helm be back, but he'll stay back.

Love that we'll finally be getting Helm back, but hate that it's at the expense of Tootoo. Why can't Samuelsson just have an "accident" sometime this week

Tonya Harding offers her services ...for a small fee

I really don't mind Eaves but Tootoo shouldn't be the odd man out. We have fillers in Sammy, Eaves, Tatar etc. all who play a certain style that's similar. I don't see how Tootoo should be the odd man out when he brings a different dimension that really, no redwing carries. It's a slow process for sure, but this breeds becoming "extinct". Are we expecting this many injuries that we will need the offence from all of Sam, Eaves, Tats, Nyquist, Glending that Tootoo's presence will not be needed? 43 is returning, life is good, and it's a good problem to have, but a problem Holland knew about even before he signed Cleary. Sammy to minors was never an option of his either, and its sad that players like Eaves, Tootoo, and even Tatar right now, are paying the price.