• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#121 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

I did 100 jumping jacks about to do 100 more!

#122 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

Great news. Glad to see Helm returning!!!

#123 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

Love that we'll finally be getting Helm back, but hate that it's at the expense of Tootoo. Why can't Samuelsson just have an "accident" sometime this week?

#124 Kmahrle83

Kmahrle83

Wings 4 Life!

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

Love that we'll finally be getting Helm back, but hate that it's at the expense of Tootoo. Why can't Samuelsson just have an "accident" sometime this week

Tonya Harding offers her services ...for a small fee

Lets go RED WINGS!!!

#125 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

I really don't mind Eaves but Tootoo shouldn't be the odd man out. We have fillers in Sammy, Eaves, Tatar etc. all who play a certain style that's similar. I don't see how Tootoo should be the odd man out when he brings a different dimension that really, no redwing carries. It's a slow process for sure, but this breeds becoming "extinct". Are we expecting this many injuries that we will need the offence from all of Sam, Eaves, Tats, Nyquist, Glending that Tootoo's presence will not be needed? 43 is returning, life is good, and it's a good problem to have, but a problem Holland knew about even before he signed Cleary. Sammy to minors was never an option of his either, and its sad that players like Eaves, Tootoo, and even Tatar right now, are paying the price. 

#126 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,909 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

Is it possible to have this much YES!!!! and NO!!!! in your system at once?

I feel like I just got off the tilt-a-whirl.

#127 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

How are we losing tootoo and keeping samuelsson holland must be dying knowing this situation he's in. Just brutal! Tootoo needs to stay!!

#128 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,045 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

Really exciting that Helm is finally coming back. In many ways he's the heart and soul of the team, thats the kind of guy he was developing into before getting hurt. Can't wait for Saturdays game.

#NOMOREKINDL

#129 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

Looking forward to seeing Helmer back in the lineup. It's kind of sucks that Glendening is getting sent back down. He reminds of Helm.  Hopefully we will get to see them together on the same line (I recall Mickey mentioning a few games back that they were planning on doing that).

Edited by Vladiator, 20 October 2013 - 09:49 PM.

#130 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

I'm really happy helms coming back, but I'm getting anxious to see how it'll all at out.
Not saying kh and babs have a full handle on what they have or where they stand, but I want to see what transpires with the lineup and roster.
I think I want to see a trade so room opens up for the kids, but most likely nothing will happen aside from movement within the organization.

#131 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

How are we losing tootoo and keeping samuelsson holland must be dying knowing this situation he's in. Just brutal! Tootoo needs to stay!!

If Holland had to literally stab Tootoo in the back in order to keep Samuelsson, he would do it. Without hesitation.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#132 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:18 PM

If you were GM of an NHL team would you trade for Samuelsson? I wouldn't.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#133 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:35 PM

If you were GM of an NHL team would you trade for Samuelsson? I wouldn't.

If I'm the panthers send me Sammy, and turn my 4th or 5th rd pick into a 3rd or 4th.
Then why not.

#134 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:50 AM

If I'm the panthers send me Sammy, and turn my 4th or 5th rd pick into a 3rd or 4th.
Then why not.

But if you were Sammy, would you accept a trade to Florida? I wouldn't.. (ntc)

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#135 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:01 AM

It is insane that Samuelsson is still on this team.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#136 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:19 AM

Kronwall, Helm to play Wednesday

!!!!!!

Don't Toews me, bro!

#137 HelmFan

HelmFan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:45 AM

Kronwall, Helm to play Wednesday

!!!!!!

That headline is misleading.

The actual headline is " Wings receive good news on Helm; Kronwall to return on Wednesday"

#138 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:49 AM

Surely Samuelsson would prefer to be traded and actually play rather than be benched for the entire season?

Can't believe Tootoo is the odd man out in all this mess when he's been the only player to consistently exceed everyone's expectations. Not to mention the dimension he brings which no one else on this team does. It's a mess, but Holland created it by signing Sammy to a god awful contract with a NTC and re-signing Cleary.

At least Grand Rapids will be great to watch with a 4th line of Tootoo - Grant - Callahan.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#139 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

Surely Samuelsson would prefer to be traded and actually play rather than be benched for the entire season?

Depends on his mindset at this point in his career. If hes just looking for a paycheck then hey he might be happy just collecting without the risk of physical pain. When I watch him play I don't see the desire he used to have. 

As for Helm I am glad hes getting back on the team but I will reserve doing a happy dance until he shows he can play more than 5 games. 

#140 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:40 AM

i thought this at first too but I think it's a combination between wanting to just collect a paycheck and a chance to play for a stanley cup.

Not saying he'll play in the line up all year but if injuries occur, he will.... assuming he isn't one of them.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."