• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FireCaptain

Holland on SiriusXM w/ audio link

Rate this topic

https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmnhl/on-hockey-today-tuesday-2

"Reached out a to a bunch of UFAs"

No mention of who or why they didn't work.

Weiss provides some consistent secondary scoring. Alfredsson was a TOTAL surprise coming out of the blue.

Datsyuk, Weiss, Helm look to be strong down the middle and give Babcock options. We expect (to get his) best hockey out of 30-year-old Weiss.

People seem to think the East is bigger.. Chicago won the Cup. (other reasons why he disagrees)

If we can get some luck with some health and some of the players play to where we expect them to play - we think we got the potential to score a few more goals. DIRECT QUOTE.

Way to really sell the team there, Kenny, ol' boy.

Bunch of pro-Chelios talk related to the HHOF. Acquired him in '99 trying to 3 -peat for Cup. Didn't work, but integral in '02 run and 2nd in Norris voting to Lids. Best American born defencemen of all time.

Shanny was premier power forward. Did it all. Helped Wings get over the top and win in '97 & '98.

TL,DR: We like our team.

Holland can disagree with the arguement "the east is bigger" all he wants, it is still a fact. Only bigger wouldn't be a problem but the east is also a lot tougher and filled with tough guys, that will drop the gloves and take runs at the Wings.

Having said that, I like his low key approach that's the way GMs should behave and thankfully most are doing it that way. Listened to Holmers presser before and thought it was over the top.

Anyway I really hope Holland isn't done for the summer and has some surprises in his sleeve.

Guest The Axe

Holland can disagree with the arguement "the east is bigger" all he wants, it is still a fact. Only bigger wouldn't be a problem but the east is also a lot tougher and filled with tough guys, that will drop the gloves and take runs at the Wings.Having said that, I like his low key approach that's the way GMs should behave and thankfully most are doing it that way. Listened to Holmers presser before and thought it was over the top.Anyway I really hope Holland isn't done for the summer and has some surprises in his sleeve.

Lucic and Chara will manhandle us.

2 guys out of 720 NHL players?

Didn't someone already refute this idea with the stats and the lead in hits and things was minimal from the east over the west.

How well did Lucic/Chara work against the Hawks?

Guest The Axe

Just like they were able to "manhandle" the Blackhawks?

Bettman and his referee minions dont jump in for the Red Wings.

Just like they were able to "manhandle" the Blackhawks?

No like they "manhandled" the Pens. Understand?

esteef

That was really too funny, a team with a guy like MacIntyre refuses to play him against one of the toughest teams in the league. I'd bet the Bruins would have played their cleanest game if the Pens dressed him, he is that kind of a no nonsense presence.

Guest The Axe

Those guys manhandle everyone. Chara could suck Clarkson's eyeballs out of his sockets if he felt like it.

What's you point?

It's like saying "OMG, Stamkos and Ovechkin are going to score on us!!!!!!!"

My point is that now we have to get manhandled and scored on more frequently. Our division is rock solid!

2 guys out of 720 NHL players?

Didn't someone already refute this idea with the stats and the lead in hits and things was minimal from the east over the west.

How well did Lucic/Chara work against the Hawks?

I know I compared the top hundred players hits stats and posted them. difference was like 1.5 hits/team/game for the east over a full season

So what if they have fighters? Who is going to fight them? As for being tough, that doesn't automatically override skill.

People need to stop worrying. They probably won't even play their goons against us because we aren't a cheap shot team. And you can't stop Chara from doing what he does. People need to stop worrying. The Wings have played and beaten tough teams before

I want a guy who can play a regular shift every night, skate, pass, score AND will get rough occasionally. Not a guy who sits in the press box in the playoffs because he can't play hockey and is a liability on the ice.

February 2, 2008 Boston Bruins Away 3-1 W

November 29, 2008 Boston Bruins Away 1-4 L

November 3, 2009 Boston Bruins Home 2-0 W

February 11, 2011 Boston Bruins Away 6-1 W

February 13, 2011 Boston Bruins Home 4-2 W

November 25, 2011 Boston Bruins Away 3-2 W SO

Yup, we're in deep trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MOAR FIGHTURS NEEEEEDDEDD!

Edited by SaCkaveli20

we cannot afford to lose 1 game in 6 to them

Guest The Axe

So petty.

2011 = Stanley Cup Champs

2013 = Runner Up

Boston is not an easy team to play against.

So petty.

2011 = Stanley Cup Champs

2013 = Runner Up

Boston is not an easy team to play against.

Not saying they're easy play against. I'm just saying you shouldn't think WE'RE that easy to play against.

There's a reason they lost to Chicago.

Edited by SaCkaveli20

we cannot afford to lose 1 game in 6 to them

This is a little bit over the top. Expecting to win out against good teams in your division is unrealistic. We won zero games against the Hawks last year and zero against Columbus and still made the playoffs. We don't have to beat them every game, we don't even have to split with them. Obviously I'd prefer if we did, but if not, it isn't the end of the world.

Teams have been trying to man handle us for 20+ years. I think our track record stands alone. We have outclassed and out disciplined teams in that time frame. The bigger, badder, tougher argument is such a load of garbage around here and it has been since I joined this forum 11 years ago. Get some new material. Datsyuk and Z will go into the corners with anyone and most of the time come out with the puck. 9 out of 10 fights now is a staged gong show and does nothing for the momentum of the game like it used to.

This is a little bit over the top. Expecting to win out against good teams in your division is unrealistic. We won zero games against the Hawks last year and zero against Columbus and still made the playoffs. We don't have to beat them every game, we don't even have to split with them. Obviously I'd prefer if we did, but if not, it isn't the end of the world.

we beat Columbus in the SO we did win once