#1: Chris Chelios

#2: Scott Niedermayer

#3: Brendan Shanahan

Edited by Crymson

Guest The Axe

Jinx! Sorry brother. Merge my thread into this one.

Good for Cheli and Shanny! Though I don't like the idea that Pat Burns got passed on again. Kinda sucks. At least Lindros and Roenick didn't get it. Thank you for small favors!

Funny group for me personally, Chelios I always hated until he became a Wing, Shanny was top 5 of my all time favs and now I can't handle him and Niedermayer was a guy I always tried to not like because he played for the Devils and then the Ducks but he is such a class act it's hard to not like him. Congrats to all 3

Guest Crymson

Ok let's play one of my favourite games: how many of the 2002 cup winning team make the HOF?

More than half of the starting roster will be in. Larionov, Robitaille, Hull, Yzerman, Chelios, and Shanahan are already there. Hasek and Lidstrom are locks in their respective first years of eligibility. Fedorov and Datsyuk are almost sure to make it in also.

I'm not a huge Niedermeyer fan but I acknowledge he was a really good player and won Cups. Cheli and Shanny were no brainers in my opinion. Lindros and Roenick would have gotten in if there weren;t so many other stronger candidates, and I don't think either deserves it, even though I like JR.

I'm not a huge Niedermeyer fan but I acknowledge he was a really good player and won Cups. Cheli and Shanny were no brainers in my opinion. Lindros and Roenick would have gotten in if there weren;t so many other stronger candidates, and I don't think either deserves it, even though I like JR.

I'm not convinced that Lindros ever gets in & if he does, it's going to take quite a while.

More than half of the starting roster will be in. Larionov, Robitaille, Hull, Yzerman, Chelios, and Shanahan are already there. Hasek and Lidstrom are locks in their respective first years of eligibility. Fedorov and Datsyuk are almost sure to make it in also.

I think that would be more than any other team, only the Montreal teams in the 70s compete and I think they 8 inductees.

I feel for Burns but Fred Shero deserved to be in the hall for decades and it's a shame he never got to see his enshrinement after the success he had in the 70's. That was one of the longest overdue inductions in the NHL.

Edited by Glubki

Good for Cheli and Shanny! Though I don't like the idea that Pat Burns got passed on again. Kinda sucks. At least Lindros and Roenick didn't get it. Thank you for small favors!

Lindros should definitely get in. Just like Bure, he didn't have a long career, but was brilliant in his peak and influence on the game.

Cam Neely opened the Pandora's Box.

And Bowman as well coaching them.

Don't know about Datsyuk making the Hall of Fame. Tough to judge current players, because the numbers will look so different for forwards than previous eras with more scoring.

Guest Crymson

Don't know about Datsyuk making the Hall of Fame. Tough to judge current players, because the numbers will look so different for forwards than previous eras with more scoring.

He's one of the best defensive forwards in the game's history, one of its most skilled players ever, and almost indisputably the best stickhandler in the game's history. When a player spawns an adjective for his degree of aptitude (Datsyukian), it's a pretty good sign. More, he has a "wow" effect on the fans that very, very few players have had. People love to watch him play. Finally, he has that quality most important in receiving the highest honors: uniqueness.

If he continues to play well for the next four seasons, he'll get in.

Screw Lindros. He should never get into the HOF.

I DON'T WANT TO PLAY FOR QUEBEC

Screw off

Oh yeah Forsberg (as much as I hate/d him) ended up being the better player.

Forsberg has better odds than Lindros.

Edited by Crymson