• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

2013 HHoF Inductees

Rate this topic

Lindros at his peak was better than Forsberg in his. Forsberg was always a pass first guy, while Lindros could score goals as well as assists, and was a physical nightmare for teams to play against. He could also beat enforcers in fights, if it came down to it.

Unfortunately, Lindros never had a Roy, Sakic, Bourque, Foote or Blake on his team, so he never had the kind of team success. But he was more of a franchise player than Forsberg.

BTW, they'll both get in. Forsberg will indeed get in first, because of the team successes.

Edited by GMRwings1983

You really meant Scott Needavacation?

You're right. I was thinking of Rob.

:P

Scott deserves it. I just can't bring myself to laud a DevilDuck in the same breath as Cheli and Shanny.

Unfortunately, Lindros never had a Roy, Sakic, Bourque, Foote or Blake on his team, so he never had the kind of team success. But he was more of a franchise player than Forsberg.

Because Lindros didn't want to play for Quebec.

Shi** happens. Of course he didn't know that Roy would have gotten traded to the Avs and whoever else.

Not really the point.

Lindros was a whiner.

Can't remember really but someone said that Lindros's first concussion came from Rod Brind'Amour after he caught Lindros screwing his wife.

Then Brind'Amour asked for a trade and got traded to the Hurricanes

Rod Brind'Amour ended up winning the cup and rightfully so.

SCREW LINDROS SCUMBAG

I hope Lindros never makes the HOF.

Definition of a classless act if there ever was one on and off the ice.

Douchebag

Shi** happens. Of course he didn't know that Roy would have gotten traded to the Avs and whoever else.

Not really the point.

Lindros was a whiner.

Can't remember really but someone said that Lindros's first concussion came from Rod Brind'Amour after he caught Lindros screwing his wife.

SCREW LINDROS SCUMBAG

Douchebag

Ha.

You know how many posters here think Forsberg was a classless act? Guy was a diver, whiner and could never make up his mind about retiring and coming back, joining teams in the middle of the playoff picture, etc. He was a coward that acted tougher than he was and embellished every play to draw penalties. Way worse than Crosby.

He's a despised player around NHL circles as well.

Oh, BTW, Shanahan (the guy that just made the HOF) had an affair with Craig Janney's wife, so you may not want to bring up Lindros there. It's poor salesmanship.

Ha.

You know how many posters here think Forsberg was a classless act? Guy was a diver, whiner and could never make up his mind about retiring and coming back, joining teams in the middle of the playoff picture, etc. He was a coward that acted tougher than he was and embellished every play to draw penalties. Way worse than Crosby.

He's a despised player around NHL circles as well.

Oh, BTW, Shanahan (the guy that just made the HOF) had an affair with Craig Janney's wife, so you may not want to bring up Lindros there. It's poor salesmanship.

Imagine the #1 overall pick drafted by a team and saying that he didn't want to play for them. That speaks mad volume to me a fan and follower of the game. Hmmmmmmm

Sorry to disappoint you but coming from a die hard Wings fan as you are I assume. I hated Forsberg however he got the job done. Pest to play against.

Forsberg > Lindros

I don't care what the career numbers were.

I go by Cups.

Last time I checked Forsberg had how many?

Lindros how many?

Case in point.

I'm done with this see ya :D

I forgot to add didn't Lindros career end from too many concussions?

Did you miss that point about him getting knocked out by Rod Brind'Amour for maybe his first off the ice?

I don't care who Shanny was screwing if you would have read my post Rod Brind'Amour he has his name on the Cup.

Janney? No. Did he ask for a trade? Did he get drafted #1 overall and ask for a trade cause he was a whiner?

Your character on this forum is bogus and I don't buy into it.

Proof in the pudding that YOU think Lindros should make the HOF.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Guest Playmaker

I think both Fedorov and Datsyuk are long shots for the HOF. The numbers just aren't there. All the slick moves in the world are great, but what counts most with these things are numbers and how they compare to others.

Imagine the #1 overall pick drafted by a team and saying that he didn't want to play for them. That speaks mad volume to me a fan and follower of the game. Hmmmmmmm

Sorry to disappoint you but coming from a die hard Wings fan as you are I assume. I hated Forsberg however he got the job done. Pest to play against.

Forsberg > Lindros

I don't care what the career numbers were.

I go by Cups.

Last time I checked Forsberg had how many?

Lindros how many?

Case in point.

I'm done with this see ya :D

I explained in my original post about Forsberg vs. Lindros, why Forsberg had more Cups. He played for a better franchise with better talent around him. He had a goalie like Patrick Roy for starters.

Who won how many Cups is not a great way to tell which player is better than another.

I think both Fedorov and Datsyuk are long shots for the HOF. The numbers just aren't there. All the slick moves in the world are great, but what counts most with these things are numbers and how they compare to others.

Why wouldn't Fedorov get in, but Bure and Cam Neely did?

Or for that matter, a player I love like Clark Gillies. Why would he get in, but not Fedorov?

Not really the point.

Lindros was a whiner.

SCREW LINDROS SCUMBAG

Douchebag

Something tells me that you would never say these things to his face.

And it does not matter what you think about about Lindros personally. Lindros was a great player, a beast in his prime. If Cam Neely is in, then Lindros should be in too. I have no problem with his not getting in this year, but down the road, he more than deserves to be inducted into the HOF.

Something tells me that you would never say these things to his face.

I'll tell it to anyone's face.

Is that a challenge? lol

Lindros was a good player who's career ended early but with all his "drama"

No thanks. My vote if I had one says he shouldn't get in.

People on here keep missing the fact he chose NOT TO GO TO QUEBEC EVENTUALLY THE AVS.

And you wonder why his team around him wasn't good? Hell they made it in 97 didn't they? What was Lindros's line again the LEGION OF DOOM LOLOL.

It baffles me some peoples arguments on this forum.

Coming from Wings fans of course it's surprising to say the least....

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Lindros wouldn't go to the Soo either, after going #1 overall. The trade from the Soo to Oshawa landed the Soo enough decent players to win the Memorial Cup.

Lindros' parents were the evil hockey parents that give minor hockey a bad name.

Who cares where he chose to go or not? That doesn't affect HOF voting, unless only people from Quebec can vote.

If you don't like him, that's fine, but that doesn't disregard the great career he had and the HOF precedents set before that should allow him to get in. There's plenty of guys in the HOF that I don't like either.

I'll tell it to anyone's face.

Is that a challenge? lol

Lindros was a good player who's career ended early but with all his "drama"

No thanks. My vote if I had one says he shouldn't get in.

People on here keep missing the fact he chose NOT TO GO TO QUEBEC EVENTUALLY THE AVS.

And you wonder why his team around him wasn't good? Hell they made it in 97 didn't they? What was Lindros's line again the LEGION OF DOOM LOLOL.

It baffles me some peoples arguments on this forum.

Coming from Wings fans of course it's surprising to say the least....

"drama"?. What does the "drama" have to do with the HOF? He didn't cheat and he didn't kill anyone. On the ice, when healthy, Lindros was one of the best players in the world. 'nuff said.

Who cares where he chose to go or not? That doesn't affect HOF voting, unless only people from Quebec can vote.

If you don't like him, that's fine, but that doesn't disregard the great career he had and the HOF precedents set before that should allow him to get in. There's plenty of guys in the HOF that I don't like either.

I wouldn't necessarily say that. Given the criteria for selection, there may be a fair amount of voters that may hold some of his behavior against him. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the Janney situation in St Louis & his public campaign to get out of Hartford played a part in Shanny not getting the required 75% on his first ballot last year.

BASIS OF SELECTION OF CANDIDATES

Candidates for election as Honoured Members in the player category shall be chosen on the basis of their playing ability, sportsmanship, character and their contribution to their team or teams and to the game of hockey in general.

Screw Lindros. He should never get into the HOF.

I DON'T WANT TO PLAY FOR QUEBEC

Screw off

Oh yeah Forsberg (as much as I hate/d him) ended up being the better player.

I heard a rumor Forsberg was going to try and return for a return to the NHL and the Olympics.

Soooo, Dany Heatley's out, then?

What? Too soon?

I keed, I keed.

"drama"?. What does the "drama" have to do with the HOF? He didn't cheat and he didn't kill anyone. On the ice, when healthy, Lindros was one of the best players in the world. 'nuff said.

More than half of the starting roster will be in. Larionov, Robitaille, Hull, Yzerman, Chelios, and Shanahan are already there. Hasek and Lidstrom are locks in their respective first years of eligibility. Fedorov and Datsyuk are almost sure to make it in also.

GMR has already pointed out Bowman. Ilitch is also already in. When Holland finally gets in (when is he eligable?) that will make 13.

As for Lindros v Forsberg, they both get in. Lindros was a GREAT player, absolutely dominant, a complete beast before the injuries wrecked him. I'm a big believer in quality over quantity when it comes to the HHOF, I'd rather have a great player whose career was cut short by injuries (Lindros, Bure) than an good player who was a long time accumulator (Cicarelli). The cups argument is completely bogus - do we let Maltby and Draper in on that basis?

There were a couple articles in the morning papers online that were speculating on who else on the 01-02 team would make the Hall, and they were all four the ones mentioned here...Dom, Sergei, Nick and Pasha. That's going to be the team for the ages. One of the most powerhouse lineups ever.

Guest Crymson

GMR has already pointed out Bowman. Ilitch is also already in. When Holland finally gets in (when is he eligable?) that will make 13.

As for Lindros v Forsberg, they both get in. Lindros was a GREAT player, absolutely dominant, a complete beast before the injuries wrecked him. I'm a big believer in quality over quantity when it comes to the HHOF, I'd rather have a great player whose career was cut short by injuries (Lindros, Bure) than an good player who was a long time accumulator (Cicarelli). The cups argument is completely bogus - do we let Maltby and Draper in on that basis?

Forsberg was not as physical as Lindros---though he was no slouch in the hitting department---but he was arguably even more dominant at offense, and he was one of the most skilled players ever.

That said, neither of them reached even 800 games, and that's just not enough these days.

There were a couple articles in the morning papers online that were speculating on who else on the 01-02 team would make the Hall, and they were all four the ones mentioned here...Dom, Sergei, Nick and Pasha. That's going to be the team for the ages. One of the most powerhouse lineups ever.

One hell of a Colorado team we beat too. Sakic, Forsberg, Roy, Blake, Foote etc. If game 7 hadn't been a blowout it could've gone down as one of the greatest series ever.

The only knock is that Lidstrom was the only player from that 2002 team in his prime at the time. The other guys were past their primes (Datsyuk was before his), albeit still good players. For that reason, there are a few teams in NHL history that I'd rank higher.

However, as far as all time greats assembled on one roster (disregarding primes), that might be the best team ever, and certainly the best we're likely to see again.

Forsberg was not as physical as Lindros---though he was no slouch in the hitting department---but he was arguably even more dominant at offense, and he was one of the most skilled players ever.

That said, neither of them reached even 800 games, and that's just not enough these days.

It's enough. Bure and Cam Neely didn't reach 800 if I'm not mistaken. Recent HOF inductees at that.

Edited by GMRwings1983