Per the Bruins website.

http://bruins.nhl.co...s.htm?id=677568

#2 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

He's definitely become their franchise goaltender. Although these days 7M for a goalie seems a lil risky. I'm sure Rask won't hit the wall any time soon, just seems like a lot for a guy that has only started 1 season. Gotta say good signing though, cause for now Rask seems to the real deal

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#3 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:32 PM

He's definitely become their franchise goaltender. Although these days 7M for a goalie seems a lil risky. I'm sure Rask won't hit the wall any time soon, just seems like a lot for a guy that has only started 1 season. Gotta say good signing though, cause for now Rask seems to the real deal

I hope so for their sake. That's a heavy cap hit. Although I hope he's bad for our sake

#4 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,261 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

Watching Rask, he is very calm and cool with traffic infront of the net. Very impressed with his play.
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#5 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

Damn it.I need some sleep,lol.

Thought that Brunner re-signed at first

#6 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

No way I'd pay any goalie 7 mil a year for 8 years. I never personally would sign a goal longterm period. Rather pay big for a 2 year deal than get locked into a contract. Goalies are so up and down that they hardly ever are worth their big contracts. Can anyone name a goalie that took a big contract and lived up to it??

#7 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:02 PM

No way I'd pay any goalie 7 mil a year for 8 years. I never personally would sign a goal longterm period. Rather pay big for a 2 year deal than get locked into a contract. Goalies are so up and down that they hardly ever are worth their big contracts. Can anyone name a goalie that took a big contract and lived up to it??

For the short period since signing, Howard has done fairly well for his money. Probably not enough time on contract to really say he lived up to it though. 7M is just too much for a goalie in my opinion as well. 

#8 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

The Bruins are now out of Cap space and facing Patrice Bergeron as a UFA after this season.

#9 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

The Bruins are now out of Cap space and facing Patrice Bergeron as a UFA after this season.

WANT!

#10 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:37 PM

I wasn't suggesting they can't re-sign him, it's probably a case where they're going to move someone else out.

Check their salary chart on Capgeek, they've got a ton of good UFA's in the next two years, can't keep them all.

Edited by stillwater, 10 July 2013 - 05:38 PM.

#11 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

Lundqvist brodeur hasek Roy

#12 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

I wasn't suggesting they can't re-sign him, it's probably a case where they're going to move someone else out.

Check their salary chart on Capgeek, they've got a ton of good UFA's in the next two years, can't keep them all.

I don't think they let him go either. He's been a leader and big time player for that team, and they'll especially need to keep him after trading away Seguin.

#13 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

Lundqvist brodeur hasek Roy

I think he means lately

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#14 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

I think he means lately

He didn't say lately but still Lundqvist was in there

Edit: auto correct fail on my phone lol

Edited by Euro_Twins, 10 July 2013 - 05:55 PM.

#15 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

I really don't think any goalie is worth more than 6 million on a short term contract.  They're just not needed to be as good and they're too inconsistent as a whole.  Or maybe the money doesn't matter as much as the term.  No goalie should be signed for more than four (five max) years.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#16 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:27 PM

That's a very long term with a lot of money for a goalie.  He's top 5 in the league now, but for how long?  He's only been the #1 for basically a lockout shortened season.  That's not much to merit $7 mil per.  I would have signed him 3 years $15 mil if I were the B's GM.  Their depth will suffer with this signing.  The Wings division may get even weaker now cause of the lowered cap.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#17 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:40 PM

Holy Crap!!! Howard signing looking better everyday.

#18 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

Boychuk and Kelly will get traded.
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#19 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

Boychuk and Kelly will get traded.

Trading a top 2 Dman and a really good 2-way forward is a really good way to make Rask earn that $7 mil.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#20 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

What was king henriks last deal with the rangers? Did brodeur never have a big deal? Quick and Howard are more short term examples.

I think Boston should of waited a year or two though. I'm not a fan of big deals after one season. I like three seasons before a big deal is given.