• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WorkingOvertime

Bruins Re-Sign Rask for 8yr, 7m AAV

Rate this topic

He's definitely become their franchise goaltender. Although these days 7M for a goalie seems a lil risky. I'm sure Rask won't hit the wall any time soon, just seems like a lot for a guy that has only started 1 season. Gotta say good signing though, cause for now Rask seems to the real deal

He's definitely become their franchise goaltender. Although these days 7M for a goalie seems a lil risky. I'm sure Rask won't hit the wall any time soon, just seems like a lot for a guy that has only started 1 season. Gotta say good signing though, cause for now Rask seems to the real deal

I hope so for their sake. That's a heavy cap hit. Although I hope he's bad for our sake

No way I'd pay any goalie 7 mil a year for 8 years. I never personally would sign a goal longterm period. Rather pay big for a 2 year deal than get locked into a contract. Goalies are so up and down that they hardly ever are worth their big contracts. Can anyone name a goalie that took a big contract and lived up to it??

No way I'd pay any goalie 7 mil a year for 8 years. I never personally would sign a goal longterm period. Rather pay big for a 2 year deal than get locked into a contract. Goalies are so up and down that they hardly ever are worth their big contracts. Can anyone name a goalie that took a big contract and lived up to it??

For the short period since signing, Howard has done fairly well for his money. Probably not enough time on contract to really say he lived up to it though. 7M is just too much for a goalie in my opinion as well.

I wasn't suggesting they can't re-sign him, it's probably a case where they're going to move someone else out.

Check their salary chart on Capgeek, they've got a ton of good UFA's in the next two years, can't keep them all.

Edited by stillwater

Lundqvist brodeur hasek Roy

I wasn't suggesting they can't re-sign him, it's probably a case where they're going to move someone else out.

Check their salary chart on Capgeek, they've got a ton of good UFA's in the next two years, can't keep them all.

I don't think they let him go either. He's been a leader and big time player for that team, and they'll especially need to keep him after trading away Seguin.

I really don't think any goalie is worth more than 6 million on a short term contract. They're just not needed to be as good and they're too inconsistent as a whole. Or maybe the money doesn't matter as much as the term. No goalie should be signed for more than four (five max) years.

That's a very long term with a lot of money for a goalie. He's top 5 in the league now, but for how long? He's only been the #1 for basically a lockout shortened season. That's not much to merit $7 mil per. I would have signed him 3 years $15 mil if I were the B's GM. Their depth will suffer with this signing. The Wings division may get even weaker now cause of the lowered cap.

Guest DeGraa55

What was king henriks last deal with the rangers? Did brodeur never have a big deal? Quick and Howard are more short term examples.

I think Boston should of waited a year or two though. I'm not a fan of big deals after one season. I like three seasons before a big deal is given.

Guest DeGraa55

Just not in the case of Damien Brunner?

theres a difference between 3m and 3 years than 7m for 8 years yes?

theres a difference between 3m and 3 years than 7m for 8 years yes?

Last time I checked, yes. However, we know what Rask singed for, but we still don't know for certain what Brunner is asking for, or will ultimately get.

Of the two contracts, I'd take Rask's. All things being equal.

Guest DeGraa55

Last time I checked, yes. However, we know what Rask singed for, but we still don't know for certain what Brunner is asking for, or will ultimately get.

Of the two contracts, I'd take Rask's. All things being equal.

What team are you a fan of? Cause my team has a goalie in Howard. Doesn't make sense to have to elite goalies lol.

Brunner is a need Rask isn't. But you're right in just have a hard to believing he will get 4m from anyone. But like you said we still have yet to see.

What team are you a fan of? Cause my team has a goalie in Howard. Doesn't make sense to have to elite goalies lol.

Brunner is a need Rask isn't. But you're right in just have a hard to believing he will get 4m from anyone. But like you said we still have yet to see.

Reality time.

Obviously, given the need for the Bruins to sign Rask, or the need for the Red Wings to sign Brunner, I'd take the Rask-Bruins deal all day long.