• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Opie

Dominic Moore Coming back with Rags

Rate this topic

Decent article on puck daddy.

After losing his wife Katie to Liver Cancer he took some time to regroup mentally and physically.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/months-wife-passing-dominic-moore-returns-rangers-clear-160107368.html

He may not be the best player ever but it is good to see him make it back.

Just like almost everyone else I have been hit close with loses to cancer.

I watched my cousin deal with losing his wife, and his 5 year old son lose his mother.

It has been nearly 3 years and my cousin just is not the same man he was.

He has become distant with his son, and family.

I believe this happened to him because he never took the time to decompress, or to deal with the emotions of it all. Our family is one in which men are not allowed have emotions, one of the reasons I moved nearly 4 hours away.

I could not imagine the shape I would be in if I lost my wife, she is truly my best friend.

I say all of this not to have people say "oh poor Opie", but to say that I really hope Dom has taken the time to decompress.

As I am found of saying you only get to choose one member of your family, and that is your spouse, everyone else is handed to you.

I wish him the best, but as many of us have seen first hand, it is very hard to go about your day when the person you choose to spend the rest of your life with has passed away.

Best of luck Dominic!

Just like almost everyone else I have been hit close with loses to cancer.

I watched my cousin deal with losing his wife, and his 5 year old son lose his mother.

It has been nearly 3 years and my cousin just is not the same man he was.

He has become distant with his son, and family.

I believe this happened to him because he never took the time to decompress, or to deal with the emotions of it all. Our family is one in which men are not allowed have emotions, one of the reasons I moved nearly 4 hours away.

I could not imagine the shape I would be in if I lost my wife, she is truly my best friend.

I say all of this not to have people say "oh poor Opie", but to say that I really hope Dom has taken the time to decompress.

As I am found of saying you only get to choose one member of your family, and that is your spouse, everyone else is handed to you.

I wish him the best, but as many of us have seen first hand, it is very hard to go about your day when the person you choose to spend the rest of your life with has passed away.

Best of luck Dominic!

Your wife sounds like a lucky lady, Opie! :)

No, quite the opposite, I am batting out of my league without a doubt!

We call that "punching above your weight" where I come from :lol:

But on topic, I imagine this go 'round for Moore will be quite different. If he always had his wife there to support him in the past I'm sure it will feel very weird to be doing it on his own. Grief sucks, as much as we humans may need the salty to appreciate the sweet. :(

No, quite the opposite, I am batting out of my league without a doubt!

I bet she doesn't think so. I think you're both lucky people, and it makes me happy that you treasure your wife and best friend. Best of everything to you both, Opie!

Cancer is the devil... Total chaos and the patient and family/friends can only be loving/supportive...

Dom... Prayers with you and be strong.... You made the right choice standing by her side... Now play your heart out brother

The Moore family has had a tough time of it.

Anyway, here's another good article on the subject: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/relationships/nhl-veteran-dominic-moore-opens-up-about-his-wife-their-life-and-her-death/article9262910/

I am at work and couldn't finish that article, my eyes began to water and I had to stop!