#21 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

the nephtuzzi 

Win :D

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#22 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,813 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:25 AM

Loving this, these guys are competing for a job in the near future so for sure they want to show everything they have at this level/sage in their career. Nice to read about a fight between two players, but this was a situation, which Jenssen couldn't win at all: either he beats mini Bertuzzi = > possibility of his uncle coming on the ice and taking care of business :( or losing against mini Bertuzzi and avoid his uncle -->better option. I really don't like it, when players are having such advantages.

Not surprised at how Babcock talked about them, they are for now just that prospects getting drafted is just one step and not the whole way. I think he has a very realistic view on this whole thing, only 6 out of 10 are having a chance to make it and even less will become regular NHL players - thats the sad truth of trying to step into the best league worldwide, it is incredible hard to accomplish.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#23 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:28 AM

Loving this, these guys are competing for a job in the near future so for sure they want to show everything they have at this level/sage in their career. Nice to read about a fight between two players, but this was a situation, which Jenssen couldn't win at all: either he beats mini Bertuzzi = > possibility of his uncle coming on the ice and taking care of business :( or losing against mini Bertuzzi and avoid his uncle -->better option. I really don't like it, when players are having such advantages.

Not surprised at how Babcock talked about them, they are for now just that prospects getting drafted is just one step and not the whole way. I think he has a very realistic view on this whole thing, only 6 out of 10 are having a chance to make it and even less will become regular NHL players - thats the sad truth of trying to step into the best league worldwide, it is incredible hard to accomplish.

I don't think Jensen thought about or cared that it was Bertuzzi's nephew and I'm sure Bertuzzi doesn't give a s*** either.

#24 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:12 PM

Here's some pics from the camp:

http://www.detroitne...0033/1128/rss16

I must say, Sproul looks massive and Frk has a killer mustache.

I also like Homer being there doing drills and teaching kids how to play in front of the net.

#25 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

Here's some pics from the camp:

http://www.detroitne...0033/1128/rss16

I must say, Sproul looks massive and Frk has a killer mustache.

I also like Homer being there doing drills and teaching kids how to play in front of the net.

If only one of these kids listen to Homer, that kid could well have 4 rings in the future ;)

#26 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:40 PM

If only one of these kids listen to Homer, that kid could well have 4 rings in the future ;)

I'm sure they're listening but having a hard time understanding what the hell he's trying to say  :lol:

#27 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

I'm sure they're listening but having a hard time understanding what the hell he's trying to say  :lol:

Lol I miss Homers Swenglish.

#28 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

Lol I miss Homers Swenglish.

Love the fact that the organization is family oriented. Just want the Bowmans back in it.

#29 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

I can't wait for little Bertuzzi and Callahan to join the team

Bertuzzi - Andersson - Callahan

Revive the grindline

#30 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:19 PM

So what was the final grade for Helm in dev camp? 

#31 krsmith17

krsmith17

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:09 AM

I can't wait for little Bertuzzi and Callahan to join the team

Bertuzzi - Andersson - Callahan

Revive the grindline

Imagine if we could convert Mike McKee back to forward and one of McKee, Bertuzzi, or Callahan to center. That would truly revive the ol grindline... McKee (the brawn and bare knuckles, replacing Kocur / McCarty) - Callahan (the skilled two-way, converted to center, replacing Draper) - Bertuzzi (the in-your-face agitator, replacing Maltby). Work on their skill, without losing their grit and this could be a very good line that could shut down any line in the league.

#32 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:35 AM

Canes Lindholm out with shoulder injury

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=678413
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#33 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,988 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

Canes Lindholm out with shoulder injury

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=678413

I read this as "Lidstrom out with shoulder injury" and I immediately began to panic before realizing:

A.) it's the offseason
and
B.) Nick is retired

:lol:

Old habits die hard.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#34 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

I read this as "Lidstrom out with shoulder injury" and I immediately began to panic before realizing:

A.) it's the offseason
and
B.) Nick is retired

:lol:

Old habits die hard.

Ha ha ha!

Yah, I wake up shaking my head somedays realizing we dont get to watch #5 anymore. He was sick.