• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#141 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:38 PM

Over/under on him "retiring" from the KHL and coming back to North America next year? 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#142 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:46 PM

Over/under on him "retiring" from the KHL and coming back to North America next year? 

It depends on how his team does.  If he does indeed win their cup, I can see him coming back for another crack at Stanley.

Money on the board:  Current total: 0

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#143 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,065 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

Is Kovy's team any good?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#144 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:43 AM

Is Kovy's team any good?

they are now! :P

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#145 number9

number9

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:08 PM

When cup contending teams r all chasing u I understand signing with the one who offers the most (NJ). And obviously that was a good choice as he almost won the cup with them. But then with losing Parise and then all their financial problems I'm guessing he sensed the ship was sinking. Now he gets to go chase the Gagarin cup in his home country, and can return to chase the Stanley again. Plus NJ and all there financial woes gets to shed that long contract

#146 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:34 AM

When cup contending teams r all chasing u I understand signing with the one who offers the most (NJ). And obviously that was a good choice as he almost won the cup with them. But then with losing Parise and then all their financial problems I'm guessing he sensed the ship was sinking. Now he gets to go chase the Gagarin cup in his home country, and can return to chase the Stanley again. Plus NJ and all there financial woes gets to shed that long contract

They sure weren't happy about losing his contract. 

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#147 number9

number9

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:49 AM

They sure weren't happy about losing his contract. 

I think they're happy bout the contract, but not about the player

#148 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

I think they're happy bout the contract, but not about the player

agreed. they're probably extremely happy to lose that god awful contract in the long run.

if they manage to make the playoffs this year, i'm sure they won't be upset about losing kovy at all.

Datsyukian

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#149 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:57 PM

Wings sign Kovy Summer of '16...     :stanley:

#150 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:38 AM

Wings sign Kovy Summer of '16...     :stanley:

If it's for three years at $4 million a season, yes. 

#151 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:24 AM

agreed. they're probably extremely happy to lose that god awful contract in the long run.
if they manage to make the playoffs this year, i'm sure they won't be upset about losing kovy at all.

I bet that they couldn't sell the franchise with that contract on the books. That's probably why the whole thing was amicable.

works every time

#152 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

I bet that they couldn't sell the franchise with that contract on the books. That's probably why the whole thing was amicable.

i wouldn't be surprised. and i'm sure they'll recover (teamwise).... yeah, kovy's a great offensive player but the devils have one of the best goalie tandems in the league and have some pretty good younger talent imo

Datsyukian

adjective

#153 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,408 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

Ilya Kovalchuk was introduced at a member of @hcSKA today. @hcSKA_News pic.twitter.com/kTRWhhNEJb

BS3qSSQCMAA84nG.jpg

No pictures of him skating around in a Devils jersey...yet.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#154 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,408 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:04 AM

From The Score:

When it comes to the KHL salary cap, apparently not all teams are playing by the same rules.

In an exclusive interview with Sovietsky Sport's Pavel Lysenkov, KHL president Alexander Medvedev revealed that seven former NHL players were signed to deals that were not subjected to their respective teams' cap limits. 

The players in question are: Ilya Kovalchuk (SKA), Alexander Radulov (CSKA Moscow), Anton Babchuk (Salavat Yulaev), Andrei Kostitsyn (Avanguard Omsk), Alexander Burmistrov (AK Bars Kazan), Leo Komarov (Dynamo Moscow) and Ruslan Fedotenko (Donbass). 

Edited by cusimano_brothers, 03 September 2013 - 11:54 AM.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#155 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,418 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:31 AM

LOL,

Can this guy sign a deal that doesn't break some sort of rules?

You know when anything hockey related in Russia is being "questioned" that it must be real bad.

The weird part is the other players, none of them deserve any special treatment.

I mean I get it, if you own a KHL team you do everything you can to get a guy like Kovy, but Babchuk or Burmistrov, not sure I bend the rules for them!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#156 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,065 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

The KHL really needs to GTFO.

Don't Toews me, bro!