• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RusDRW

Henrik and Pavel

Rate this topic

Including 225 with other teams.

What difference does that make?? If Feds' jersey was retired at the joe, I might be more inclined to agree with you about which team he got points with, but it is not. So his career points total is all that really matters (and really it is all that matters either way)

if they had won that game 7 in 2009, sure. zetterberg might have had a 2nd consecutive conne smythe.

unfortunately, they choked.

That was Osgood's Conn Smythe, and would have gotten him to the Hall of Fame.

But another Cup would have been one more item on Datsyuk and Zetterberg's side of the scale.

Maybe I am in the minority here because when I think of Zetterberg, I think of everything the Red Wings organization stands for. Zetterberg is a quiet leader, a classy man, a fierce competitor. He is a huge playoff clutch player and at times, when the team needed someone to step up, it has been Hank. He is humble and gracious, gives back to the community and is already shown he will be a great captian. When it's all said and done, I think he will surpass the 1000 point mark....but even if he doesn't, signing him as a career Red Wing and giving him the C .....I just can't imagine number 40 not hanging from the rafters when he retires.

Maybe I am in the minority here because when I think of Zetterberg, I think of everything the Red Wings organization stands for. Zetterberg is a quiet leader, a classy man, a fierce competitor. He is a huge playoff clutch player and at times, when the team needed someone to step up, it has been Hank. He is humble and gracious, gives back to the community and is already shown he will be a great captian. When it's all said and done, I think he will surpass the 1000 point mark....but even if he doesn't, signing him as a career Red Wing and giving him the C .....I just can't imagine number 40 not hanging from the rafters when he retires.

And what did the announcers say during the playoffs? Zetterberg has the most playoff points since 2006? To hell with the regular season if that's all a guy's good for...Z puts up when it matters most. He's a big time playoff performer, which will hopefully merit in whether or not he gets his jersey retired or dare I say the HOF. If he captains the Wings to a Stanley Cup and maybe even gets another Conn Smythe (though I'd rather see Dats get the next one, they're my 2 favourites) then he may merit both, as long as he keeps a decent pace in the regular season still though.

Guest The Axe

Amen to this. He'll be forever remembered as someone special to watch and admire. Not many like him and probably not another one will cross our paths. We should feel blessed.

You must be o'ing all over the place while reading this thread. Its about damn time Pavs got the love tossed his way!

Maybe Dats isn't a captain, maybe his numbers aren't as high but 50 years from now when I'm looking back, he's the man I'll remember the most. He's the guy who people will still talk about and say "wow, that guy was something special" and that makes him a future legend in my mind

This.

What difference does that make?? If Feds' jersey was retired at the joe, I might be more inclined to agree with you about which team he got points with, but it is not. So his career points total is all that really matters (and really it is all that matters either way)

Um, it makes all the difference? We're talking about retiring a players number as a RED WING. If career totals mattered, we'd be retiring 14 and 24, but they don't, and we aren't, and we shouldn't be.

You must be o'ing all over the place while reading this thread. Its about damn time Pavs got the love tossed his way!

Hey, who am I to look a gift horse in the mouth?

This.

Um, it makes all the difference? We're talking about retiring a players number as a RED WING. If career totals mattered, we'd be retiring 14 and 24, but they don't, and we aren't, and we shouldn't be.

I was merely correcting what you said. You said Datsyuk getting over 1000 points would be more then feds but you didn't say with which team specifically. If you look that way then 91 shouldn't be retired cause he left for his last years