• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
P. Marlowe

Derek Meech to KHL

Rate this topic

Former Winnipeg Jets defenceman Derek Meech has signed to play with Dinamo Minsk of KHL.

Meech was an unrestricted free agent this off-season.

In 144 career NHL games, Meech scored four goals and 17 points.

The five-foot-11, 200-pound blue-liner was originally drafted by the Red Wings in the seventh round of the 2002 NHL Draft.

TSN.ca

Guest The Axe

You never know. This guy may be bacl at age 30 as a legot NHLer. No reason to be unkind to Meech.

I think his game will translate well to the KHL. He was always a good skater, and with all that time and space he might make a difference for his team. Good luck to him.

Good luck in the KHL it will be a huge culture shock for him, so hopefully he can make enough money there and go to one of the nicer leagues in europe after that (Sweden or Switzerland).

Whatever dude, I've actually been to Russia and it's awesome over there. Obviously I wouldn't want to live there for peanuts, but if you're a millionaire, that place is like a god send. Meech will have a killer time there with all the black market champagne, caviar, and beautiful blonde women that money can buy. And with the exchange rates as they are, his salary will buy a TON of champagne, caviar, and women. I envy Derek Meetch.