pretty much what i expected

#22 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

Excellent.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#23 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

brenadansmith_3690-430x298.jpg

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#24 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

Good contract. I don't see how anyone can be upset at the term or cap hit.

For someone with 3000 posts you're sure acting like someone new to LGW! :lol: :lol:

Great cap hit, big incentive for Smith to earn himself a realgud contract in 2 years.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#25 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:20 PM

Perfect deal. He has two years in the big leagues to earn a real contract, so the pressure is on himself to perform and show the team was he has.

#26 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

Me likey. Now to get the others signed.

#27 9-HoweFan

9-HoweFan

Prospect

• 43 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:46 PM

Now turn into Lidstrom....

great line!!!!

Gordie Howe
All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity.

#28 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,709 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

Works for me.  Let's see what this kid can do with two full seasons.

Money on the board:  Current total: $6

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#29 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

HELL YES.

Love this guy. This is a STEAL. Holland got an F from me last year. A from me this year. A+ if he can untangle Sammy somehow.

Stoked right now.

My thoughts exactly.  The other 2 should get around the same $$$ and I very much agree with the sentiment of the A+ if Sammy can be discarded somewhere.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#30 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,899 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

Tough to complain about that even given many fan's complaints. It's really not much to throw at a guy who has a fair amount of potential, even given his struggles at times thus far. It may not be a steal, but it's not a bad deal either. Gives him two years to prove himself and earn a big boy contract once the cap ceiling is higher. He'll get plenty of opportunity to do so it seems given that Holland has only gotten rid of a defenseman this summer as opposed to all the forwards he keeps adding.

-Elliot...does not panic.

#31 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:40 PM

Great contract. The most underrated part of this contract is that he will still be an RFA when it expires.

#32 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:56 PM

Good for him. I like the kid a lot. He should be a bona fide top 4 D-man after 2 more years of experience.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#33 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

Good deal. I like Smitty. Hopefully he sticks with us for a long time...

#34 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:21 PM

I like this deal and I can be very quick to pick apart Kenny"s deals! This is a prove yourself to us contract and there should be a lot more of these types of deals. 

#35 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:36 PM

So what was the deal with him filing arbitration?  Did he think he should get drastically more than this or something?  Did the Wings seriously lowball him?  Because I think this is right about the price that most of us thought he would sign for.

#36 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

So what was the deal with him filing arbitration?  Did he think he should get drastically more than this or something?  Did the Wings seriously lowball him?  Because I think this is right about the price that most of us thought he would sign for.

Filing for arbitration is used quite a bit just to kickstart negotiations & get a deadline out there to get a deal done before it does go to an arbitrator.  It was speculated from the start that Smith filing was nothing more than that.  

Money on the Board 2014: $5 per series, $5 per sweep, $5 per Kronwalling, $10 per Marchand Kronwalling, $1 per Zetterberg game, $1 per 2013 Calder Cup roster player goal

#37 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

He should start playing up to that kind of money soon if not after this contract if he doesn't improve he should be done but let's hope and I believe he will live up to that kind of $$
"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image

#38 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,104 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

Can't complain.

He should start playing up to that kind of money soon if not after this contract if he doesn't improve he should be done but let's hope and I believe he will live up to that kind of $$

It's 2.5 over two years, yo.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#39 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,832 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

Good term, great money. Really like Smith, and hope he can mature, slow the game down and grow into what we all believe he can be. Oh and smashing some faces here and there isn't bad either :hehe:

#NOMOREKINDL

#40 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,969 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

This is how I feel about it!!!!!

:yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo: