• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Axe

Best Hitter on the Team

Rate this topic

I don't know about him consistently, but Ericsson absolutely demolished Bickell during the playoffs, and I doubt anybody else on the team would have been able to do that without taking a pretty serious run. Ericsson is strong as hell.

They're all such different hitters.

Pav is great because nobody sees it coming. E is strong (watching Bickell try to stand after that hit still makes me laugh) and Kronwall...well, he's Kronwall.

Yea...this question is loaded.

Technically...Kronwall, and its not even close.

P4P...............Tootoo, as mentioned above

I don't really think anyone else can seriously be considered because Tootoo is better at it than Abby and Ericsson, while strong, really rarely wantonly throws his body into people.

Hardest hitter: Kronwall

Sneakiest hitter: Kronwall/;Datsyuk tie

Highest Volume hitter: Abby

I agree with Dickie Dunn, if more guys took a hit like Dats there would be a lot less injuries.

He is not the biggest or baddest player, but he does have probably the best balance in the league, and I think that helps too!

Like people have been saying

:Kronner catches people off guard

:Datsyuk is more powerful then he looks and is stronger on his skates then you

:Tootoo not only does he want to hit you, he wants to piss you off while hitting you

:Helm in the playoffs the guys a human pinball and I can't wait to see him back again

Kronwall likes open-ice hits. But I dunno that that necessarily makes him the best hitter on our team.

Sort of the same deal with Datsyuk: it's cool that he's so strong on his skates and that he can really surprise you and all that. But, best hitter on our team? Datsyuk?

I'd have to go with Tootoo, or maybe Helm.

You guys that are saying Tootoo pound for pound do realize that he is not one of the lighter players on the team, right? The guy might be 5-9, but he weighs 200 pounds. Maybe you mean inch for inch.

That said, though.... Tootoo is probably my answer without a specific definition of "best."

Edited by barabbas16

Abby nearly double Tootoo's hit total, probably TOI as well.

But Abby ends up out of position less.

So I guess defining "Best" would be important.

Is best to you hardest?

Does being taken out of position by the hit make a difference to you?

Does total amount of hits matter to you?

Best is a term that leaves a lot of subjectivity.

You guys that are saying Tootoo pound for pound do realize that he is not one of the lighter players on the team, right? The guy might be 5-9, but he weighs 200 pounds. Maybe you mean inch for inch.

That said, though.... Tootoo is probably by answer without a specific definition of "best."

Pound for pound means how strong of a hitter you are proportionate to their size. Say Ericsson and Tootoo hit exactly the same (however you would measure that), Tootoo would be the better hitter because he is smaller.

If only Big E used his size and Bert was younger; Vladdy was the best that comes to mind

But the current roster, Kronwall

Vladdy paved the way for Kronwall. The open ice hits Vladdy used to lay on guys would make Kronwall blush. He no doubt studied the tapes before he started Kronwalling guys. So to say, the Vladiating of many was passed on to what we now refer to as Kronwalling. Open ice hits kick ass.

Guest RedWingsDad

I think you have to look for the hit often to be considered a 'hitter', so that rules Datsyuk out... though he is most excellent at picking his hits and laying a guy down, totally surprising them in the process.

Kronwall is #1, followed by Tootoo. This seems like a no brainer to me. :D

Edit: I am not counting Helm due to his mostly decommissioned status for the last two seasons.

Edited by RedWingsDad

Most entertaining: *Kronwall

Most effective over the course of a game: Abby

Person I wouldn't want to be hit by: Tootoo

Best overall (considering being caught out of position the least, effectiveness, game-changing ability, legality / form, and overall impact): *Kronwall

* he has his own verb

Guest The Axe

Most entertaining: *Kronwall

Most effective over the course of a game: Abby

Person I wouldn't want to be hit by: Tootoo

Best overall (considering being caught out of position the least, effectiveness, game-changing ability, legality / form, and overall impact): *Kronwall

* he has his own verb

This is a pretty good analogy.

How about most technically sound? Maybe thats a good way to describe Datsyuk's hitting.