• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Axe

Best Hitter on the Team

Rate this topic

Pound for pound means how strong of a hitter you are proportionate to their size. Say Ericsson and Tootoo hit exactly the same (however you would measure that), Tootoo would be the better hitter because he is smaller.

Right, I agree with you. My point was that.... Tootoo is actually not one of the smaller players on the team when it comes to weight. There are probably more guys that weigh less than 200 pounds than weigh more. "Pound for pound" is used more often, as you say with little guys. I would say that Tootoo is short, but not necessarily little. Most of the Wings that do weigh more than Tootoo don't have too many pounds on him. It also implies that the person the phrase is being used in reference to is not, in actuality, the best hitter. It would seem more accurate (to me) if someone were to use the 'pound for pound' phrase in reference to Kronwall or Helm as both probably weigh 10 pounds or so less than Tootoo.

I have to go with Tootoo. He is a nasty sob and is not afraid to take a run at anyone. Babcock needs to use him more effectively next season. Kronwall is great but needs to deliver them them more often.

I don't know about him consistently, but Ericsson absolutely demolished Bickell during the playoffs, and I doubt anybody else on the team would have been able to do that without taking a pretty serious run. Ericsson is strong as hell.

I just went back and watched that highlight. I miss hockey so much right now.

Guest The Axe

I just went back and watched that highlight. I miss hockey so much right now.

Insane how equillibrium works!

Kronwall and Abdelkader, and Abs is the most effective. When he got stuck on the top line he created so many turnovers with his forechecking, using his speed and size to separate defencemen from the puck.

Like hits per game or big hits or just playing the body when you should?

Being Kronwalled aside...

Abby has my vote.

Kronner leaves his feet to much but he does hit hard. Helm is a good hitter

Guest RedWingsDad

Can I count Smith as a hard hitter since it felt like he gut punched me every time he couldn't clear the zone in the playoffs and gave it away along the boards near the blue line?

Edited by RedWingsDad

Can I count Smith as a hard hitter since it felt like he gut punched me every time he couldn't clear the zone in the playoffs and gave it away along the boards near the blue line?

Not to correct your post, but he seemed to give it away up the middle, you know the most dangerous place on the ice to clear the puck!