43 replies to this topic

#41 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:08 PM

It's getting even better; from Sportsnet:

New Maple Leafs Sports & Entertainment president and CEO Tim Leiweke says Toronto Maple Leafs home games could have a different feel in the future.

In recent years, pre-game ceremonies celebrating the achievements of past Maple Leafs teams have been commonplace at the Air Canada Centre, but that doesn’t coincide with the culture Leiweke says he is trying to create in Toronto.

“It’s trying to get into the mind of a guy like Joffrey Lupul and think about what it is that ultimately motivates him and how we create an environment for him and the rest of that team that gives them the best chance at winning,” Leiweke told Joey Vendetta on Sportsnet 590 The Fan Tuesday.

“I don’t think what motivates Joffrey Lupul is another celebration on the ice, while he sits on the bench, celebrating 50 years ago and something that happened in 1962 or 1963.”

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#42 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:15 PM

It's getting even better; from Sportsnet:

New Maple Leafs Sports & Entertainment president and CEO Tim Leiweke says Toronto Maple Leafs home games could have a different feel in the future.
In recent years, pre-game ceremonies celebrating the achievements of past Maple Leafs teams have been commonplace at the Air Canada Centre, but that doesn’t coincide with the culture Leiweke says he is trying to create in Toronto.
“It’s trying to get into the mind of a guy like Joffrey Lupul and think about what it is that ultimately motivates him and how we create an environment for him and the rest of that team that gives them the best chance at winning,” Leiweke told Joey Vendetta on Sportsnet 590 The Fan Tuesday.
“I don’t think what motivates Joffrey Lupul is another celebration on the ice, while he sits on the bench, celebrating 50 years ago and something that happened in 1962 or 1963.”

Yes, lieweke you don't think the Leafs are an original 6 franchise tons of history, tradition and a very rapid fanbase. I believe mr I hate tradition thinks he is the ceo of another sunbelt team here...MLSE seems to hire loud guys just to hire the almost equaly loud one again

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#43 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,360 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:44 PM

Kinda like this ......

preds-sign.jpg

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#44 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:51 AM

From Toronto Star:

Why did Leiweke make an about face on these faces of the past?

“I talked to Johnny (Bower). He said he was going to kick my butt,” Leiweke said of the 88-year-old hall of fame goaltender. “Then I looked at him and realized he probably can. But we had a good conversation. . . . (The photos) are up for now.”

leiweke_bower640.jpg

Messing with traditions will usually bite you. I'm glad to see he came to his senses...temporaily.

Edited by cusimano_brothers, 17 September 2013 - 12:27 PM.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.