No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingCraig

Alfredsson and the #11

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

He sure has earned it lol

Ha ha ha.

Gotta be Cleary negotiations ongoing as the reason.

I thought Tatar said earlier he wanted to switch to #90 from #21 for the Red Wings this season? Obviously Weiss would have the seniority factor between the two of them.

I'm fairly certain Cleary is coming back eventually, so Alfredsson may be rocking a new number.

Edited by GoWings1905

I thought Tatar said earlier he wanted to switch to #90 from #21 for the Red Wings this season? Obviously Weiss would have the seniority factor between the two of them.

I'm fairly certain Cleary is coming back eventually, so Alfredsson may be rocking a new number.

Or IF Cleary comes back, he gets a nice payment for giving up the number.

This was posted on RWC forums:

from malik report :

Holland also sounded...Let's say a little conflicted, as I heard him speak with Savage...regarding Daniel Cleary's future with Detroit given that the Wings would need to both clear salary cap space and a spot off the 50-man roster to re-sign him:

"I don't know that it's done," Holland said. "We were just talking about it. We'd love to have him on the team. We think he's a versatile player. I made him an offer prior to free agency. He didn't think it was enough. If we wake up in the next two days and he's signed (by another team), I'd certainly understand. If he stays out there and he's available and we're able to do some things, then we might have something for him

This was posted on RWC forums:

from malik report :

Holland also sounded...Let's say a little conflicted, as I heard him speak with Savage...regarding Daniel Cleary's future with Detroit given that the Wings would need to both clear salary cap space and a spot off the 50-man roster to re-sign him:

"I don't know that it's done," Holland said. "We were just talking about it. We'd love to have him on the team. We think he's a versatile player. I made him an offer prior to free agency. He didn't think it was enough. If we wake up in the next two days and he's signed (by another team), I'd certainly understand. If he stays out there and he's available and we're able to do some things, then we might have something for him

Sounds like a definite no

Detroit Red Wings (@DetroitRedWings) tweeted at 4:35 PM on Tue, Jul 16, 2013:

Confirmed: Stephen Weiss to wear number 90 & Wings agreed to terms on 2-year deal with Brendan Smith

Mike Modano (@9modano) tweeted at 4:52 PM on Tue, Jul 16, 2013:

90!!!? You kidding me Weiss..? @HeleneStJames @DetroitRedWings

Detroit Red Wings (@DetroitRedWings) tweeted at 4:35 PM on Tue, Jul 16, 2013:

Confirmed: Stephen Weiss to wear number 90 & Wings agreed to terms on 2-year deal with Brendan Smith

Mike Modano (@9modano) tweeted at 4:52 PM on Tue, Jul 16, 2013:

90!!!? You kidding me Weiss..? @HeleneStJames @DetroitRedWings

:lol: This lead to an amusing exchange...kept me entertained at work!

I wonder what the holdup is...I see Weiss has #90

what the heck is up with nobody wearing #15? I first thought Danny D would take it, but no. There has to be a good reason why nobody wears it...Weiss would look good in it too...better than 90.

Edited by LeftWinger

If you have to ask, you've never witnessed the glory that is Dmitry Mironov.

They're prepping it for retirement the same night Lidstrom gets his retired :bye:

I saw that earlier too, but it's not on the Red Wings website anymore......

:eh:

Maybe they made him choose another because Modano spoke up on twitter lol

what the heck is up with nobody wearing #15? I first thought Danny D would take it, but no. There has to be a good reason why nobody wears it...Weiss would look good in it too...better than 90.

Pretty sure that Riley Sheahan wore #15 when he was up with the big club.